PDA

View Full Version : Free Criminal Records

slotz10
06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Here you can search to see if someone has spent time at the Gray Bar Motel.

Indiana Dept. of Correction
http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs

JohnBoy44
06-05-2009, 01:13 PM

Indiana Dept. of Correction.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cherylb/Desktop/ofs.htm

gee your C drive isn't accessible :withstupid:

slotz10
06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
LOL, i do that all the time. Got it corrected now.
I really enjoy this site.
At my last job i looked someone up and found that they had a criminal record and they lied about it on their application.

LuciusBeebe
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Indiana Dept. of Correction
http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs

I wonder if there's any study that makes an investigation of why a person would be disgusted by a Playgirl but has no problem with this.

HoosierHelen
06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL, i do that all the time. Got it corrected now.
I really enjoy this site.
At my last job i looked someone up and found that they had a criminal record and they lied about it on their application.

You know Mrs. Slotz, I do believe you are an honest individual...however...I really can't follow alot of your logic?

Christians have been taught to forgive, yet I find Christians to sometimes be the least forgiving of any in our community?

Personally, I feel if someone has spent time in the gray bar motel (jail) and paid their debt to society for whatever crime they committed...we need to let that debt be settled when they walk out the doors of that prision.

When we borrow money from a bank, we are only in debt to them for as long is the debt is unpaid. Who are we as fellow human beings to require this felon to continue to be separated from opportunities for jobs and a law abiding life in his community because of a past mistake once he/she has paid their debt? We discuss our disgust with crime, yet it seems we choose to kick past criminals down rather than allow them an open door to a lawful life in their futures?

Where are the morals in this action?

matt_s
06-05-2009, 07:13 PM
You know Mrs. Slotz, I do believe you are an honest individual...however...I really can't follow alot of your logic?

Christians have been taught to forgive, yet I find Christians to sometimes be the least forgiving of any in our community?

Personally, I feel if someone has spent time in the gray bar motel (jail) and paid their debt to society for whatever crime they committed...we need to let that debt be settled when they walk out the doors of that prision.

When we borrow money from a bank, we are only in debt to them for as long is the debt is unpaid. Who are we as fellow human beings to require this felon to continue to be separated from opportunities for jobs and a law abiding life in his community because of a past mistake once he/she has paid their debt? We discuss our disgust with crime, yet it seems we choose to kick past criminals down rather than allow them an open door to a lawful life in their futures?

Where are the morals in this action?
Unless I missed something, the person still lied on their job application. That is grounds for dismissal for many positions. Trust is the cornerstone of much of the world. People loan money, trusting that they will be paid back. People buy products trusting that it will perform as expected. People are hired because they trust that the person will perform the assigned tasks. A lie is a breech of trust. It erodes the foundations of trust. If that is early in a relationship, employment or otherwise, prior to the forming of any other basis for the relationship, how does one maintain it.

I understand showing compassion and forgiving the past. But a lie in the present, doesn't make the issue the past.

HoosierHelen
06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Unless I missed something, the person still lied on their job application. That is grounds for dismissal for many positions. Trust is the cornerstone of much of the world. People loan money, trusting that they will be paid back. People buy products trusting that it will perform as expected. People are hired because they trust that the person will perform the assigned tasks. A lie is a breech of trust. It erodes the foundations of trust. If that is early in a relationship, employment or otherwise, prior to the forming of any other basis for the relationship, how does one maintain it.

I understand showing compassion and forgiving the past. But a lie in the present, doesn't make the issue the past.

What are the chances for a person being hired these days with a criminal record? I honestly believe that question should be removed and not allowed to be on applications. An exclusion to that rule would be for someone working in a Bank or Security position where bonding issues would apply.

If a person is hungry, in need of a job and under orders from probation office to acquire a job...if they tell the truth their application goes in the trash. That is EXACTLY how our employers treat people re-entering the work force (unless they find they are able to get a tax break for hiring them at minimum wage). There are programs that do that.

IF the person has paid their debt to society, I sincerely believe...the past is the past. Debt is paid. We would see so much less repeat offenders. There are people who have lived respectable lives for 10-20 yrs...get laid off of their job and now they are being turned down for a stupid mistake they made years ago and paid their dues for.

A bankruptcy goes off a credit report between 7 - 10 yrs. And that debt was never paid. When does a felony drop off your record? NEVER.

slotz10
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I am a forgiving person. So, I will forgive you all for just suggesting that I am not.
The person that I found that lied on their application and could have been fired.
I decided to give them a chance and him/her turned out to be one of the best employees we ever had.

However, if they had told the truth on their application that they spent 8 years in prison, do you think higher management would have given them a chance?
Probably not.
If you like, I can send them to your place of employment and let them handle your finances.

slotz10
06-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I guess I am not done yet.
Even Jesus said in a parable:
A landowner gave 3 of his employees a chance. He gave each of them a talent of silver.
The first one tripled the silver and was praised.
The second one doubled the amount and was praised.
The Third one just buried the silver and gave it back.
He was dogged.
And now you are going to tell me that a good chistain doesn't check?

slotz10
06-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Just another thought, if you hired someone to babysit your kid as the good christian that you are
and found out later that they were arrested for being a child molester
would you
allow them to keep watching your children?

Sounds like you would.