PDA

View Full Version : Mahjong

james_t
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me the appeal of the Mahjong games on the Fence Post's arcade.

I put a new one up two days ago and it's already been played over 500 times. The two most popular games are Mahjong games.

I don't hate them by any stretch, but they're not usually my first pick to play on the arcade - although I've been trying to load new ones regularly since people like them so much.

What is it about the Mahjong games that everyone enjoys? Or am I just biased because about the only one I can clear the tiles on is the Looney Tunes one?

HoosierHelen
12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me the appeal of the Mahjong games on the Fence Post's arcade.

I put a new one up two days ago and it's already been played over 500 times. The two most popular games are Mahjong games.

I don't hate them by any stretch, but they're not usually my first pick to play on the arcade - although I've been trying to load new ones regularly since people like them so much.

What is it about the Mahjong games that everyone enjoys? Or am I just biased because about the only one I can clear the tiles on is the Looney Tunes one?

I don't have a clue what the attraction to the Mahjong games are? If you are getting that strong of a response to those games...someone else will be able to answer better than me. I enjoy word games and generally play them on the POGO account that I have. Have done so for the past 7 years.

james_t
12-04-2009, 10:08 PM
I enjoy word games and generally play them on the POGO account that I have.

I had the high score on Quick Words for a while, but a user named RustyElwood beat me out and I haven't been able to touch the score he set.

evilkumquat
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Wake me when you get Peggle.

I have THAT particular casual game on FOUR separate platforms: PC, DS, cell phone and as an addon for World of WarCraft.

james_t
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Wake me when you get Peggle.

Doesn't look like there is a version for our arcade software (ibproarcade), but I'll keep an eye out.

HomeyG
12-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Easy to play, only looking for pairs. Doesn't take any hand and eye coordination, especially good for us older folks. Mahjong was popular when I was stationed in Taiwan but I could never pick up the knack of playing the game. Quite different than the online version.

Night Owl
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I guess its like the reverse of a puzzle, some strategy involved.
It took me a while to figure it out. Once I start playing, try for high score, or at least top three.

I played the newest one a few times, don't care for it. Make one, maybe two plays and game is over, no more moves. Obviously it can be done, others have, but i haven't had any luck with it.

hairypumper
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
It just P***** me off when I clear one and get a "Timed Out" message and the score isn't saved. Happens a lot.

james_t
12-08-2009, 07:31 PM
It just P***** me off when I clear one and get a "Timed Out" message and the score isn't saved. Happens a lot.

Do you have the "Remember me" box checked for Fence Post login? That usually keeps you logged in and takes care of that issue.

hairypumper
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, I'm always logged on. How could it forget ME? It only seems to happen when I clear a board. Probly Gremlins.

james_t
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, I'm always logged on. How could it forget ME? It only seems to happen when I clear a board. Probly Gremlins.

If it seems to happen repeatedly, PM me with the name of the game and what system you're using and I'll check it out. I know there are a few game Gremlins out there.

hairypumper
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM
If it seems to happen repeatedly, PM me with the name of the game and what system you're using and I'll check it out. I know there are a few game Gremlins out there.

Thanks, I'll do that. Am I the only one this has happened to?

james_t
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Usually having the "remember me" box checked fixes it, but I get a complaint every now and then about the scores not saving that that doesn't seem to fix.

matt_s
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM

I've had it happen a few times as well. But usually when I am on the road have have a very slow connection. It will sometimes "timeout".

Night Owl
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I usually stay logged in, but have had it happen as well.
It doesn't bother me except when you get a high score, and it times out. (Charlie Brown "Arrrgh!")

Not a big deal though. :beer:

hairypumper
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I usually stay logged in, but have had it happen as well.
It doesn't bother me except when you get a high score, and it times out. (Charlie Brown "Arrrgh!")

Not a big deal though. :beer:

Doesn't stop us from trying again, and again, and again...:)