Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citgo stations closing

Default Citgo stations closing

I noticed the Citgo station in Leo closed about a week ago. Visiting with my neighbor, I told her how surprised I was because they always seemed to do a strong business at that location for years.

She told me the one in Butler has also closed. Does anyone know are these owned by the same people? Is Citgo pulling out of our area?

Just curious.

HomeyG Guest

Default Re: Citgo stations closing

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I noticed the Citgo station in Leo closed about a week ago. Visiting with my neighbor, I told her how surprised I was because they always seemed to do a strong business at that location for years.

She told me the one in Butler has also closed. Does anyone know are these owned by the same people? Is Citgo pulling out of our area?

Just curious.
    Its my understanding that Citgo is owned by the Venezuelan government.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Its my understanding that Citgo is owned by the Venezuelan government.
    I've heard that also. I don't know if the individual locations are privately owned or not?

Gas stations in Butler, Leo, Howe, Kendallville, LaGrange and several other areas are ALL owned by S&S Oil, Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    Gas stations in Butler, Leo, Howe, Kendallville, LaGrange and several other areas are ALL owned by S&S Oil, Auburn.
    Thanks for that info. Are the other Citgo's remaining open? I know the one in Leo always did a strong business and it suprises me to see it close.

We have one in Angola also.

HomeyG Guest

Garrett's S&S oil switched from Citgo to Spirit a few months back. Perhaps others are doing the same.

Garrett's S&S oil switched from Citgo to Spirit a few months back. Perhaps others are doing the same.
    The S&S-owned gas stations in Auburn also switched to Spirit a few months ago.
    She who is called "Queen of the Fence" wishes you a pleasant day!

May the Force be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by jennyk View Post
    The S&S-owned gas stations in Auburn also switched to Spirit a few months ago.
    I do hope that is what is happening (change of franchise). The Leo station is one that I frequently used. They have been in business since I was a teenager (long time). They were Shell most of my life and then they changed to Citgo in the last few years.

I don't recall how long ago that really was.

Juggle Re: Citgo stations closing

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    We have one in Angola also.
    Don't quote me on it PaceFan or anyone else as that goes or you might end up on a ***** list with me/ but I know what I saw between the snowflakes and keeping my good ole rust bucket on the road when out and about yesterday. There was no activity there either...I let my typo go there PaceFan for RaceFan

At their/we Customers expense let them have their joyous little mind-game-playing thievery free marketing ways in this time of transition is my opinion (and most certainly do hope the new "Point" economic position created by the President-elect shares this opinion somewhat) that it is STILL no excuse for the highway robbery at other Stations that raise their prices so radicly high at any so called hic-up of an speculation then bring it back down only a penney(ies) at a time. If there's one economics education learned by the most of us from this President and administration and the Markets was the education between the cost of a gallon of gas at the pumps and the cost per barell. It certainly gave many of us an refresher course in math!

Yep our Citgo closed last week in Angola. Word has it that it will become a 76 station shortly.

12. Default Re: Citgo stations closing

Just hearsay. I was told S&S was closing the stations they leased. The ones they owned would remain open. Last time I was in LaOtto the station there was still open. Did notice the other day some facade work on the old Shell station in Butler.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Usa2 Re: Citgo stations closing

Who cares the Citgo name is owned by Hugo Chavez anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion they should close them all anyway instead of funneling money to tha dictator; who would like nothing better than the United States implode anyway!!!!!! Death to Dictators!!!!

Usa2 Re: Citgo stations closing

P.S. The spirit name is Hugo's way of tricking the uninformed person....... Since most of the population has figured out the link between Citgo and Chavez... He has changed the name to Spirit ( american Sounding huh??).!!!

Actually, Chavez was legally elected by his people and seems to have their best interests at heart.

Just because a leader of a country in South or Central America doesn't like our policies and isn't afraid to voice it, doesn't make him a dictator.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

Quote Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
    Who cares the Citgo name is owned by Hugo Chavez anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I care. The station in Angola is not owned by Hugo Chavez. I like the station, I like their prices, I support them.

If you want to look at gas stations and shake a fist, you're going to be busy. Oil from the middle east, terrorism, blah blah blah.

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
    P.S. The spirit name is Hugo's way of tricking the uninformed person....... Since most of the population has figured out the link between Citgo and Chavez... He has changed the name to Spirit ( american Sounding huh??).!!!
    I did a quick search trying to tie Spirit Oil Company with Chavez. Couldn't find anything. Could you provide link?

Tournaments Won: 1

I did a quick search trying to tie Spirit Oil Company with Chavez. Couldn't find anything. Could you provide link?
    I've got to agree with Homey. It appears to be an amalgamation of small, independent marketers. The founder is a guy here in Indiana.

http://www.pmoco.com/history.asp

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusBeebe View Post
    I care. The station in Angola is not owned by Hugo Chavez. I like the station, I like their prices, I support them.

If you want to look at gas stations and shake a fist, you're going to be busy. Oil from the middle east, terrorism, blah blah blah.
    I liked that station too, but they closed up last week. I've been told that a 76 station will be opening up in it's place. The car wash behind the station is still open since it belongs to another person.

Local S&S stations are owned buy Stonestreets,a family out of Auburn.They run most of the Citgo franchises in this area unless things have changed since I worked for them.