Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Double Homicide - October 2005

Default Re: Double Homicide - October 2005

I had to Google Vidocq Society to understand who you were referring to. It is unfortunate that our LE here won't share their information with the Vidocq Society. From what I read on their page was that they work in the background and at the pleasure of the LE. Apparently some other LE areas must share information with them?

Just wanted to tell you that I believe you are doing a very diligent job of keeping this case on the public's mind. Someone out there knows the truth. I can very much understand your frustration at this point. Stay strong and hold your faith. Best wishes.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Here is the entire text of Rosco's speech at the 2011 Memorial:

Good afternoon. Thank you all for coming to remember my dad and step-mom. For those who don’t know, my name is Sherry Musilek. My birth name is Sherry Anderson, as I am Terry Anderson’s eldest daughter. Not a day goes by that I do not miss him.

I have been doing this for 6 years now, starting with their funeral right here in this very spot in October of 2005. After 5 years of Memorials since, I was hoping that there would have been and arrest and conviction of the monsters who committed this crime. Every year I say, “This is the year for justice.” But each year has had the same result. No arrests let alone a conviction.
    So, here I stand next to the graves of my beloved father and step-mother for the 6th time, asking and pleading for help in solving their murders, and remembering their lives. Why do I do this? The answer is easy. Lois McMaster Bujold (boo-hold) once said, “The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is the duty of the living to do so for them.” My father and step-mother cannot speak for themselves, so I must be their voice; I must be the person who speaks on their behalf, crying out for justice for as long as it takes. Two innocent members of not only my family, but of the Mongo community, YOUR community, are dead, and still no one has been charged with the crime in the 6 years since these brutal murders occurred. Until the people who committed this crime are behind bars, we must still speak on behalf of my dad and Darleen, who can no longer speak for themselves.

When I offered a $20,000 reward, I thought for sure it would lead to a tip that would lead to an arrest and conviction in this case. Let’s face it; $20,000 is a LOT of money. But much to my surprise, the money remains unclaimed. Maybe people are afraid of the consequences if they talk, but every effort is made to keep your anonymity, especially if you go through Crimestoppers. Once there is a conviction, you will receive the money, no questions asked. I don’t care how you know what you know, nor will I ever ask. So please, pass along even the smallest piece of information that you have. Do it for the money, or simply because it’s the right thing to do, or both. I know that if one of my father’s friends were murdered, he’d do anything to ensure justice was served. That’s the kind of man he was, and he deserves the same in return.

I have not been alone the past 6 years. While some family members have estranged themselves from us, my darling husband Eric has been a rock for me to lean on from the very first day. And my son keeps me going with his sweetness and innocence. He is a reminder that not everyone in the world is evil. And, of course, my faith has gotten me through all of this. I thank God and Jesus Christ for the strength to carry on for 6 years, and I pray to them daily for justice, as I hope many of you do, as well. We need all the prayers we can get.
    Brutality-Rage-Over-kill…What this tells us was that the murders were not just a random robbery gone wrong. The items chosen to be stolen meant nothing, while very valuable items were left behind. And the carnage left behind showed an extremely personal crime, one of pure, unadulterated hatred. The person or persons who did this obviously knew my father and Darleen personally and hated them with a passion that most people could not comprehend. The so-called robbery was a lame attempt at a cover for the real motive: hatred.

While watching CBS TV network show 48hours Mystery I became aware of an organization called the Vidocq Society based out of Philadelphia. The Vidocq Society, founded in 1980, is an unusual, exclusive crime-solving organization that meets monthly and assists Law Enforcement with solving cold case crimes. The Members of The Vidocq Society are the best of the best – brilliant minds coming together to help Law Enforcement solve the most perplexing unsolved/cold murder cases. The only condition is that they must be contacted directly by Law Enforcement before they will take on a case. The Vidocq Society is comprised of 84 members with a few special members. They represent 17 states in the United States and 11 other countries. The Vidocq is a nonprofit charitable organization and is recognized by our US Government. The Society does not have independent investigators and serves as confidential consultants to Law Enforcement in cold case homicides. The Society chooses its cases carefully as they are limited in staff to handle the recent increases in requests. They work closely with local investigators and prosecutors to help solve a homicide and to help bring the perpetrators to justice. All work by The Society is done, at no cost to victim’s families or law enforcement, pro bono as part of The Vidocq Society's commitment to public service. I’m happy to announce that my Dad and Darleen’s case has been accepted by The Vidocq Society and they have extended its services to help solve their murders. The only condition, is that the Lagrange County Sheriff’s Department has to directly ask them to get involved. It’s as easy as that. I know the Sheriff is proud of the work that they have done, but after 6 years with no arrest, as one of the victim’s daughters, I am asking the sheriff to formally ask the Vidocq Society to assist in solving this case. If they will not, then I ask them to please explain why, as this is a great opportunity to finally close this homicide case, once and for all.

A lot of homicides get forgotten about over time, but because of all of you who have attended these memorials for the past 5 years, and the terrific members of the media, the horrible deaths of Terry and Darleen Anderson have not been forgotten. Unfortunately, my son will never get to know his grandparents. Please don’t let him grow up never knowing who killed them.

Red and black are the national colors that represent murder victims. Before we release the red and black balloons, let’s please bow our heads in a moment of silence to honor my beloved father and Darleen, innocent victims of a double homicide almost exactly 6 year ago.

On the count of three, we’ll all release the balloons at the same time. One, two, three.

Thank you all for coming here today, God bless you all, and I love you dad and Darleen. I promise to never give up until justice is served.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I had to Google Vidocq Society to understand who you were referring to. It is unfortunate that our LE here won't share their information with the Vidocq Society. From what I read on their page was that they work in the background and at the pleasure of the LE. Apparently some other LE areas must share information with them?

Just wanted to tell you that I believe you are doing a very diligent job of keeping this case on the public's mind. Someone out there knows the truth. I can very much understand your frustration at this point. Stay strong and hold your faith. Best wishes.
    Thank you Helen! That means a lot to all of us!

A Somber Anniversary Approaches

(Mongo, IN) Early in the morning of October 21, 2005, the bodies of Terry
    and Darleen Anderson were discovered brutally murdered in their Mongo,
    Indiana, home. It was described as a gruesome scene straight out of a horror
    movie, but tragically, this was all too real.

Even more tragically, exactly 7 years have passed and despite a $20,000
    reward offered by the family, this double homicide, the first ever in
    Lagrange county's history, has yet to be solved.

To commemorate the 7th Anniversary of the unsolved murders, a memorial
    service will be held on Sunday, October 21, 2012, at 1pm, at the graves of
    Terry and Darleen Anderson, in the Mongo Community Cemetery on St. Rd. 3 North in Lagrange County, IN.

Music and prayers will be provided by the Rev. James Bartlett of the Mongo
    Methodist Church. Guest speaker will be Sherry Musilek, Terry Anderson's
    eldest daughter, who will talk about what life has been like searching for
    justice and closure during the last 7 years since the tragedy, in what
    promises to be a very emotional speech.

The event will be held rain or shine.

The public is invited to attend the service to honor the memory of the
    Andersons, and to keep the case from becoming too cold to ever be solved. 7 years is too long, as it is. What if they were your parents?

You can watch Sherry Musilek, Terry Anderson's eldest daughter, talking about the crime at the following link:

http://www.spreecast.com/events/sear...derson-murders

Excellent coverage out of South Bend: http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/C...174759321.html

Another Somber Anniversary Approaches

(Mongo, IN) Early in the morning of October 21, 2005, the bodies of Terry and Darleen Anderson were discovered brutally murdered in their Mongo, Indiana, home. It was described as a gruesome scene straight out of a horror movie, but tragically, this was all too real.

Even more tragically, exactly 8 years have passed and despite a $20,000 reward offered by the family, this double homicide, the first ever in Lagrange county’s history, has yet to be solved.

To commemorate the 8thAnniversary of the Unsolved murders, a memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 20, 2013, at 1pm, at the graves of Terry and Darleen Anderson, in the Mongo Community Cemetery on St. Rd. 3 North in Lagrange County, IN.

Music and prayers will be provided by the Rev. James Bartlett of the Mongo Methodist Church. Guest speaker will be Sherry Musilek, Terry Anderson’s eldest daughter, who will talk about what life has been like searching for justice and closure during the last 8 years since the tragedy, in what promises to be a very emotional speech.

The event will be held rain or shine.

The public is invited to attend the service to honor the memory of the Andersons, and to keep the case from becoming too cold to ever be solved. 8 years is too long, as it is.

What if they were your parents?

Amanda Anderson, daughter of Terry and Darleen, attended the memorial for the first time in 8 years towards the very end of the event, as people were leaving. Everyone was shocked, to say the least. She also named the person she thinks murdered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Amanda Anderson, daughter of Terry and Darleen, attended the memorial for the first time in 8 years towards the very end of the event, as people were leaving. Everyone was shocked, to say the least. She also named the person she thinks murdered them.
    Wow! Hopefully this will be a solid lead.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Wow! Hopefully this will be a solid lead.
    She claimed the State Police told her who killed them so she is not worried anymore. I find that suspicious as all law encorcement has been tight lipped about the case in order to preserve the investigation.

She claimed the State Police told her who killed them so she is not worried anymore. I find that suspicious as all law encorcement has been tight lipped about the case in order to preserve the investigation.
    Right, why would they tell her? I mean, they would have to interrogate said suspect and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt; then it seems like they would tell the whole family...
    burgundystar

Quote Originally Posted by burgundystar77 View Post
    Right, why would they tell her? I mean, they would have to interrogate said suspect and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt; then it seems like they would tell the whole family...
    If the State Police has evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt who the killer is, it seems they would have arrested someone. Inasmuch as that has not yet occurred (as far as I know), I expect this case is still under investigation. One thing that I do know is that I feel Amanda's behavior seems most unusual to me. Was she always an unusual personality? Not knowing the family, I certainly don't know the answer to Amanda's past personality. It would be interesting if other readers on FP who did know her prior to this event would comment on her past personality.....?
    Hans Christian Anderson

If the State Police has evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt who the killer is, it seems they would have arrested someone. Inasmuch as that has not yet occurred (as far as I know), I expect this case is still under investigation. One thing that I do know is that I feel Amanda's behavior seems most unusual to me. Was she always an unusual personality? Not knowing the family, I certainly don't know the answer to Amanda's past personality. It would be interesting if other readers on FP who did know her prior to this event would comment on her past personality.....?
    The police investigation is over and has been turned over to the prosecutor quite a while ago, although the case technically remains open until a convinction since more tips could come in.

The police investigation is over and has been turned over to the prosecutor quite a while ago, although the case technically remains open until a convinction since more tips could come in.
    If the prosecutor has held the results of the investigation for quite a while and not yet arrested the suspect(s), my best guess is that the prosecutor hasn't gotten to that place where he/she can prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt? I sincerely hope the police investigation is NOT over until the prosecutor presses charges against suspect(s). Hopeful that our LE will continue to press forward until they have a case worthy of presenting to the court. Certainly do not wish this case to end like the OJ case in California.
    Hans Christian Anderson

My sources have told me that Amanda Anderson has died, but I do not have any details as of yet. She wasn't even 30 years old, yet. (She is Terry and Darleen's daughter and the one who discovered the bodies.)

Edit: Her death has been confirmed by an ISP Detective. She was in Sturgis at the time of her death, today.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 06-18-2014 at 07:56 PM.

The few remaining family she had left cannot afford a funeral or tombstone, more info at the link:

http://www.gofundme.com/ahqy9w

She has been a big topic on here regarding the murders, of course, but out of respect for her friends and family I will personally refrain from that and focus solely on the immediate impact to her loved ones.

Amanda was finally laid to rest at Mongo cemetery at 11am today next to her parents, with the Reverend Jim Bartlet officiating. About 19 people were present.

Thanks for this update. Amanda's life history is hard to read. A great life in the beginning...and then...??? Never knew her or her parents, however, their murders certainly drew my attention. Perhaps one day someone will be able to piece together all the events and explain this to us? I am glad that Amanda was buried next to her parents. May they all RIP finally.
    Hans Christian Anderson

The crime has received MORE national attention:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5684263.html

I still watch for updates on these murders, Dark Knight. I really hope they are able to arrest the person(s) who did this very soon!
    ~You reap what you sow~