Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darleen and Terry Anderson Murders

Exclamation Darleen and Terry Anderson Murders

I am posting this in the Kendallville forum, as well as Mongo's, as Darleen Anderson worked at Kraft for 30+ years:

In October of 2005, Terry and Darleen Anderson were brutally murdered at their Mongo home. This case remains unsolved and a murderer or murderers remain loose in Lagrange County.

There is a VERY extensive discussion on this murder, with some interesting revelations, at this thread:

http://rss.topix.net/forum/city/lagr...1MSE95QGA40/p1

Almost all of the Anderson children (Sherry, Amanda, Misty Jo) have posted on that thread at one time or another, and I hope they join this one. It's a very informative thread with information that cannot be found anywhere else.

Terry's first daughter Sherry had started a foundation which is offering $2,000for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible, as well as further information on the crime. That website is www.terryanddarleen.com

Of course, Crimestoppers offers a $1000 reward, as well, and guaranteed anonymity at (800)342-STOP

Maybe some of Darleen's co-workers can share some information or theories that they have heard on here, as well.

Thanks for the help,

Dark Knight
    WWJD?

Default Re: Darleen and Terry Anderson Murders

My father Terry Anderson and my step mother Darleen Anderson were murdered 17months ago on Oct 21, 2005. They were in their own home. Both were ready to retire and enjoy their families and grandkids. Someone/people took their lives and my heart. PLEASE... Darleen worked for 30+ years in this town. I know people talk and word gets around. Remember the brutality of the murders. Both caskets were closed. The church was standing room only for the mass before their burial. They did not deserve to die that way.

PLEASE HELP US!!!

Some weapons and collector coins were taken from the murders.

Weapons taken from the murders -

- Winchester 22 magnum lever action with scope Scored under western style sling, T.A. . Genuine split leather gun sling. Base laces on butt of stock. Fits all common stock sizes: Use with rifles, shotguns. 1" wide sling slips over barrel or between ramrod thimbles & held in place by a ramrod.

- Mossberg 500 20 gauge with 24" slug barrel-front sight flips down-pump sleeve has been re-welded three times that you can tell. Western style sling.

- CVA Inline muzzleloader Black fiber-optic sights front and rear western style sling with Simmons 3x9x50 Black scope. It's loader rod does not match.

- Horton Legend XT 175 Crossbow with legend scope red arrows 20" swivel style sling. EZ winder cocking device. Handle was left behind. Someone may want to order or buy one.

Dad and Darleen collected coins from Franklin Mint. Some were taken from the property. Maybe someone you know showed you these coins..and you never seen this person own any before.

Please. Keep your eyes and ears open. The family of Terry and Darleen Anderson need closure. It's over 17months from their murders and nobody is in custody. That needs to change. I believe with EVERYONE'S help along with the help of this forum and LaGrange County Sheriff, we can solve this crime and put the person/s where they belong... IN JAIL... ON DEATH ROW. Out of society.

If this person/s can kill my father and Darleen, they can kill one of your own family members and not blink an eye.

I pray someone comes forward with information. Dad and Darleen deserve justice.

I know for a fact there is no shortage of theories among her former co-workers as to what happened that horrible night. If any of them would like to share what they have heard on here, while keeping in mind everyone is innocent until proven guilty, we'd love to hear from you. You can't work at Kraft like Darleen Anderson did and not made a lot of friends who would be willing to step forward and help in some way. Heck, even making a donation to the reward fund of the Terry and Darleen Anderson Foundation will make a big difference. The reward for them right now it at $2000, and they'd like to get it up to $5000 in hopes of getting someone's attention.

www.terryanddarleen.com

A thank you to Kraft itself for all it did at the time of the murders for the family. That was very classy.

Dark Knight and others:

One thing we have to be careful of here is not to unintentionally harm the reputation of an innocent person in a public setting. For that reason, we ask that names or anything that could lead to an individual being identified not be posted here. However, please do share anything else you might know about this case.

If you do have suspicions about an individual, please contact Dark Knight or Rosco1 directly using the private message function of this forum, or contact Crimestoppers or the Anderson family Web site using the information provided elsewhere in this thread.

If you have any questions about the posting policies for The Fence Post, please refer to the Forum Rules:

http://www.fwdailynews.com/forums/rules.php

Quote Originally Posted by james_t View Post
    Dark Knight and others:

One thing we have to be careful of here is not to unintentionally harm the reputation of an innocent person in a public setting. For that reason, we ask that names or anything that could lead to an individual being identified not be posted here. However, please do share anything else you might know about this case.

If you do have suspicions about an individual, please contact Dark Knight or Rosco1 directly using the private message function of this forum, or contact Crimestoppers or the Anderson family Web site using the information provided elsewhere in this thread.

If you have any questions about the posting policies for The Fence Post, please refer to the Forum Rules:

http://www.fwdailynews.com/forums/rules.php
    Thanks for adding that, I should've added that to my post. Sorry about that. I will certainly try to be careful in that regards.

The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in thier murder has skyrocketed to $20,000 thanks to an anonymous donor! Praise the Lord!

If you have any information, please contact:

Tad Oakley, Lieutenant Detective
    LaGrange County Sheriff Department
    260 463-4713
    toakley@lagrangesd.com

The reward is now $20,000 for the information leading to the arrest and conviction of Terry and Darleen Anderson's killer(s) Please if you know anything we ask no questions. Please Give the family a measure of peace. The murder occurred in Lagrange County, Indiana.

Please Contact
    CRIMSTOPPERS of Indiana
    (800)342-STOP

or
    Tad Oakley ,Lt. Detective
    LaGrange County Sheriff Dept.
    toakley@lagrangesd.com

The reward is now $20,000 for the information leading to the arrest and conviction of Terry and Darleen Anderson's killer(s) Please if you know anything we ask no questions. Please Give the family a measure of peace. The murder occurred in Lagrange County, Indiana.

Please Contact
    CRIMSTOPPERS of Indiana
    (800)342-STOP

or
    Tad Oakley ,Lt. Detective
    LaGrange County Sheriff Dept.
    toakley@lagrangesd.com

2 Year Anniversary of the murders: Terry and Darleen Anderson - Public Memorial

The Memorial will take place at the Mongo, Indiana, Community Cemetery in Lagange County at Terry and Darleen's grave site on Saturday, Oct 20th, at 12 noon. Rev Jim Bartlett from the Mongo Methodist Church will do the services at the gravesite - not in the church. Public and media are invited.

Did anyone from Kraft attend the memorial service? Darleen worked there for 35 years and had a lot of friends there, so I hope some managed to make it.

It would also be awesome if Kraft could help with the reward, in hopes it would bring some more leads. They have been extremely generous already, I have been told, to the family. I heard rumors of a collection taken among the Kraft employees for the reward fund, but never confirmed it or heard anything definitive. It sounds like a good place.

Figured I should update our Kendallville posters who worked with Darleen for so long, as well:

From WTHD.net

SWAT raid on Anderson homestead unrelated to murder investigation

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:32 PM

by Tim Murray

LAGRANGE - Three people face charges after the Northeast Indiana SWAT team raided a rural Mongo home Tuesday morning which was the site of the murders of Terry and Darlene Anderson back in 2005.

State Police Detective Jeff Boyd says Tuesday's raid was not related to the open murder investigation.

Detectives obtained a search warrant last Friday after learning that 36-year-old Robert Lee White might be a felon in possession of firearms and that illegal drug activity was taking place.

White is charged with manufacturing meth, being a felon in possession of a firearm, possession of stolen property, maintaining a common nuisance and possession of paraphernalia.

22-year-old Amanda Anderson of LaGrange faces the same charges except for the firearm charge.

49-year-old Randy LaMar Waite of LaGrange is charged with manufacturing meth, maintaining a common nuisance, theft, and possession of paraphernalia.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 02-20-2008 at 08:15 AM.

They are saying the arrests and firearms found at the residence are not linked to the murders. It sounds suspicious to me.

Thumbs up Re: Darleen and Terry Anderson Murders

Posting here for our Kendallville readers:

I just heard from Rosco, Terry's daughter and Darleen's step-daughter, that America's Most Wanted requested, and will be receiving in a day or two, an information packet from the Lagrange County Sheriff's Department on the Anderson Murders and will put the case on their website!!!!

Giving it TV air-time has not been decided, yet, but the national exposure it will get on their website is great news!

Fencing Re: Darleen and Terry Anderson Murders

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mongo-in/ 4more info.it getting heated over on topix,s!
    Last edited by james_t; 03-10-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: fixed bad link

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mom View Post
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mongo-in/ 4more info.it getting heated over on topix,s!
    If I understood it right of the things stolen there was something special of the one,antique maybe? Though the same principle might apply if not.

To help the National hotline Busters git them busted I hope they stress the uncommon description of that crossbow if I understood it right.

Though having one myself crossbows themselves are more of an uncommon piece of sport equipment to be "flash'n around" as opposed to guns.

Even if the reported crossbow was one of the naturals as is mine more limited are the differences,like with guns to the average person when you've seen one,they've seen them all. But stressing on that crossbow might just git the right Viewers attention maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ebbieday View Post
    They are saying the arrests and firearms found at the residence are not linked to the murders. It sounds suspicious to me.
    I agree with you.

My father, Terry Anderson, was a Musky guide for NW Indiana/Southern Michigan areas. His favorite lake to guide/fish was at Webster Lake Indiana.

Since my father's murder, Webster Lake Musky Club has dedicated an Iron Man Fishing Tournament each year.

Proceeds from this Iron Man Tournament are donated to The Anderson Foundation for the growth of the reward (currently $20,000) for the capture and conviction of my father and step-mother's killer/s.

June 20th and 21st - will be the Third Annual Terry Anderson Iron Man Memorial.

This Tournament is open to the public.

Link to their site-

http://www.websterlakeguideservice.com/webste...

Sherry - Terry Anderson's Daughter

----------

JUSTICE IN 2008!!!

The reward from the Terry and Darleen foundation is $20,000 for information leading to the arrest of the killer(s).

Please Contact CRIMESTOPPERS of Indiana with any information (800)342-STOP
    or
    Sheriff Terry Martin, LaGrange County Sheriff Dept.

tmartin@lagrangesd.com

MYSPACE -
    http://www.myspace.com/terryanddarleen

Web-site -
    http://www.terryanddarleen.com/

JUSTICE IN '08!!!
    JUSTICE for Terry and Darleen!

I really hope someone speaks up...you know somebody knows something! Praying for justice for you and your family!

The Terry and Darleen Anderson Memorial Iron Man Musky Fishing Tournament raised close to $1000 a couple weeks ago at Webster Lake. Sadly, one of the founding members of the tourney and good friend of Terry died unexpectedly at age 47 just 3 days before the tournament, so the proceeds went towards his wife and young child, rather than the reward fund, which remains at $20,000.

Just 2 months shy of the 3 year anniversary of these murders, and still no arrests. Leads are continuing to come in, but we could use some more to finish the deal.