OK, I think we made it.
I'm going to try and install an upgrade to the Fence Post software, so I'm going to have to close the board for - hopefully - a few minutes.
I'll try not to break anything.
OK, I think we made it.
vBull keeps nagging me to upgrade to 3.8... I'm running 3.7.4 right now, but I did HEAVY modifications to my templates, and made some custom addons for the reputation system.
I'm terrified that if I upgrade, I'll lose all my hard work. THEY CAN'T MAKE ME!
I don't like the new upgrade.
Im sorry James. I liked the old format a lot better. Much more user friendly. You knew where everthing was and where everyone waas. In my opinion a sep down
Looks like VB released an upgrade. While the "New Stories" button is easy to find, I miss that box that outlined all of the recent activity. I'm guessing that they simply haven't updated the mod for the new VB release yet. Now I have to go and explore and see what other new bells and whistles exist.
Ok, here's some more thoughts
1) I know that there is a legend at the bottom of the front page that shows what the different icons are on that page. We need that on the inside too.
2) Color scheme on the graphics for read and unread stories - too subtle - you need something brighter on unread stories to help those pop more - I'm not a big fan of the new color scheme overall, a little drab/monotone
3) Really missing the jump to first unread story ability that came with the VBRecent Mod (I think that was the name of it, but I haven't played in the back end of this in over a year, so don't quote me on that)
4) Don't forget to change out the header graphic - by golly we need our name back.
1) Did I mention faster, wow
2) I like the new layout of some of the internal pieces like the profiles and photo galleries.
3) I know that you can still go on and see who is online
4) Just a thought, you might want to add back in the Mod that has the full TOS or really update the "Forum Rules".
5) I'm glad to see the mod that added video embeding made it (unless this was integrated into the new version without need for external mod) but the player is much bigger than before and it may be stretching some of the video or now I'm just seeing them in all of their low quality glory.
So far I like it, but I'm not finding a whole lot new bells and whistles other than they really streamlined it for speed.
I normally don't like change at all (part of my Taurus traits), but I think once we all learn to navigate this new layout, it will be old hat. I think it looks nicer than the other version so I am willing to take a few days to learn to like it.
~You reap what you sow~
"It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
Hans Christian Anderson
I don't like it either. I can't see all the posts??
Tuesday evening I couldn't find Fence Post. I even used my history to try to access the Arcade. Nothing to be found.
After logging in tonight (it took me a while to remember my password! I always stay logged in) and reading a few post, I responded to a post, and had to log in again. I was apparently automatically logged out, or do we have to log in each time to respond to a post?
I am willing to give the new format a trial run, but it sure caught me off guard!
Someone earlier e-mailed me about some login issues. It seems the new forum is being a bit finicky if you log in from kpcfencepost.com or kpcnews.net/fence_post
Starting from www.kpcnews.net/fence_post (www necessary) seemed to fix the issue, though I don't know why. If that doesn't work for you, either send me a PM or an e-mail to email@example.com
I am having a problem staying logged on also. I do not like to have to log on each time.
When replying to a post, more than a few lines long (scroll bar required for reply) the cursor keeps taking you to the top of the reply.
Very difficult to finish a reply.
Is "preview post" still an option?
I have not seen it.
Speed has definately improved though!