Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: too many sex offenders in angola

Default too many sex offenders in angola

I pulled up the map of sex offenders registered here in angola. There are 10 within 1 mile of my apartment. Over 20 within city limits. And more than 50 in stueben county! What can we do about this if anything?

Default Re: too many sex offenders in angola

there are too many PERIOD.... freakin nasty idiots....
    That's what she said....

I don't think there is anything you can do.
    At least you know who to keep an eye out for and not let talk to your kids.
    That is at least better than 15 years ago.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on the article of the Constitution which grants a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    --James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by nathandiehl View Post
    I don't think there is anything you can do.
    At least you know who to keep an eye out for and not let talk to your kids.
    That is at least better than 15 years ago.
    I agree, and with Charles too! Really wish there was something we could do; gotta tell ya, if any one of them ever tried anything with my lil one, I'd end up in prison and they'd end up 6 ft. underground (I know, nathan, that's not the way it should be handled, but I'd probably act out of pure anger, before thinking). What possesses these people to do things like they do, to little kids, man!!! Too bad a rally probably wouldn't produce any results, just fights...
    burgundystar

I agree with Nathan, MrsBass, be thankful we have the tools now to know where they live. That gives us the opportunity to protect our children from them.

There isn't much else we can do at this time. It's good you know how to use the computer and identify where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundystar77 View Post
    I agree, and with Charles too! Really wish there was something we could do; gotta tell ya, if any one of them ever tried anything with my lil one, I'd end up in prison and they'd end up 6 ft. underground (I know, nathan, that's not the way it should be handled, but I'd probably act out of pure anger, before thinking). What possesses these people to do things like they do, to little kids, man!!! Too bad a rally probably wouldn't produce any results, just fights...
    What would you propose to do with these people?

uh, cyn, i think she was just letting us know how she feels about them... which is how i feel about them. to ask what i would purpose, well, i wouldnt be able to answer due to the fact that there are to many of them and no matter what you do, the messed up souls that they are, would keep at it. So, what are you trying to say, or, what would you purpose to do. the system they have lets us know who/where they are and that is a BIG plus... and a great idea. its just plain sad. ughhh!
    That's what she said....

Quote Originally Posted by cynicalfoe View Post
    Repeat offenders, cement diving boots.

haha, other countries cut hands or feet off for certian crimes.... we could.... uh, nevermind
    That's what she said....

We gave the indians their reservations when we stole/bought most of this country from them and that kind of worked. I think the sex offenders deserve the same. Let's just give them Alaska and we won't have to be bothered with them.
    If you ask for my opinion, don't cry when I give it to you.

Juggle Re: too many sex offenders in angola

Quote Originally Posted by cynicalfoe View Post
    I think a good place to start would be with the lies for those who have been falsly accussed of such acts. Once the word gets out whether it was a lie of the child or the lie of the Ex the falsly accused is most commonly treated as guilty. Not changing the subject one bit nor am I asking any opinions if the guy was guilty and got away with it or simply not guilty because he did not do it but maybe someone can explain when O.J. was found not quilty in a higher? Court then how can a justice system that states a person can not be charged a second time for the same offense even entertain a new challenge for either innocence or guilt in a lower? Court (apparently the lower? Court found O.J. quilty of the first offense because if it did not bankrupt him it nearly did)?

I'd like to think there's more than one that leans against the Fence Post who knows they do not have to second guess me to be with their kids when they aren't around. Going to the question of this post though is about an possible intent for an fix went to those being and/or have been FALSLY accused JUST ONE TIME and THEN being treated as guilty. I think of,can even think of as an Mentor,Richard Jewell who for the longest time was falsly accused and right in the rank and files of even the Uni-Bomber and Eric (so called) The Rudolf Bomber who eventually each of them were caught and convicted.

Even though the F.B.I. eventually took the (so called) soap box to announce Richard Jewells 100% innocence,for those who kept up with his profile? then knows he even went on AFTER the fact of a lie to advance his training in Law Enforcement and became a Police Officer in a small Community. For those though who did not keep up with his profile? such Mentorship can only go so far because he (my opinion) had already died of a broken and lonly heart years and years before he EVER chose that small Community to live out his final days in.
    Last edited by Copycatted; 03-12-2009 at 11:59 PM.

I have to agree with what Faff expressed there about the accusation of sexual abuse.

In this country, the minute a man is even hinted at being accused of molestation or rape, he is shunned by society... even if he is never charged... even if he was charged and acquited... he is NEVER viewed the same by people. In their minds, there will always be that little twinge of doubt.

I hate that this country is so obsessed with this. Of course, people go straight to the old "It's better to be safe than sorry! We have to protect our children! It's better that an innocent man is punished than risk our children be hurt!" Which drives me out of my skull.

Listen, I HAVE TWO CHILDREN and there are sex offenders who live in my immediate area. I sleep just fine at night.

A) The actual recidivism rate for most sex offenders is actually very low compared to other crimes.

B) Not everyone listed in the Sexual Offender Registry is a child molester or rapist.

C) Men have been accused of molestation during divorces in an attempt by their spouse to discredit them or prevent them from custody of any children in the household.

Here is a good article about the whole thing:

http://www.livescience.com/strangene...tor_panic.html

Why are people in this country so determined to be afraid of everything all the time?

A scared populace is an easily controlled and manipulated one (as has been demonstrated time and time again).
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

Faff and EK are correct. Let me clarify my point. Let the REPEAT offenders have Alaska. You also might be reminded that some of those people listed on the registry have offenses that are what we all would know to be child molesting and we wouldn't want alone around our children. Some of them found themselves in a relationship with a teen that was under the age of consent and they may have only been a couple of years older or not known the true age of the teen. I've even seen one mom lie and tell a girl's bf that she was 18 when I knew for a fact that she was 14. (He ended that real quick when her step mother and I told him the truth.)
    but still...ship the repeat offenders to Alaska!
    If you ask for my opinion, don't cry when I give it to you.

just another reason to have a gun.

quit picking on alaska. i like alaska. lets give them florida with no air conditioning. plus florida would be easier to block off with a big electric fence, and security. seeing how most sex offenders are male, the shape of florida would fit them well.

It's good to know where the sex offenders are living and to be able to keep an eye on your kids. Having said that, remember (to repeat something stated in a previous post) that not ALL sex offenders are rapists or child molesters. Some of them are people that are trying to live a good life and be productive citizens. Some of them (at least one) may just be a great father and husband that did something really stupid when he was an 18 year old kid and now has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life!

(can you tell that I know one of them personally?)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    It's good to know where the sex offenders are living and to be able to keep an eye on your kids. Having said that, remember (to repeat something stated in a previous post) that not ALL sex offenders are rapists or child molesters. Some of them are people that are trying to live a good life and be productive citizens. Some of them (at least one) may just be a great father and husband that did something really stupid when he was an 18 year old kid and now has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life!

(can you tell that I know one of them personally?)
    just to be clear. i'm talking about the rapists and molesters. i know some situations are different.

back when i was 18, i had a 17 year old girlfriend and did not think twice about it. i don't think i would do the same thing now, if i was 18.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.bass46703 View Post
    I pulled up the map of sex offenders registered here in angola. There are 10 within 1 mile of my apartment. Over 20 within city limits. And more than 50 in stueben county! What can we do about this if anything?
    The only thing you can do is be a pro-active parent.
    Lets face it, child preditors have an easier job now than ever. There are too many parents who do not know what their children are up to any given time.
    It is so important to know where your children are at ALL times, who they are with and what they are doing.
    This is a balancing act, you want your children to learn to be independant, and give them room to grow but also to protect them.

The registered offenders don't scare me half as much as the ones who have not been caught yet. At least if they're registered you know who they are and where they are.

Just be pro- active, keep your eyes open and most importantly ....Listen to your gut!
    We, your American Legion Riders, ride for God and country, the American Legion Family and Allied Veterans everywhere. Protect those who protect us. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegirl View Post
    The registered offenders don't scare me half as much as the ones who have not been caught yet. At least if they're registered you know who they are and where they are.
    Since the majority of perpetrators in rape or molestation cases are family members or friends, it is likely they are closer than one realizes.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

It may be true that the recidivism rate is not high. I dont believe that to be the case but it could be possible. However, I do know that for every victim that comes forward against an abuser there are another six that didn't. I have personally seen numerous victims told by their own families to lie about the events to save the abuser from consequences. I believe there is no cure or rehabilitation once a person has comitted this crime. Saying that, I would offer that the only measure to prevent further victims is stopping the cycle and giving the victims a voice combined with strong social and familial support. Lets not turn a blind eye to this plague any longer. Those who are cleared of charges are not necessarily innocent. There may have been problems with the victims recollection or a recanting of the stoy because of familial pressure. With no witness it is tough to prove a crime.
    Last edited by realist1974; 03-13-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegirl View Post
    The only thing you can do is be a pro-active parent.
    Lets face it, child preditors have an easier job now than ever. There are too many parents who do not know what their children are up to any given time.
    It is so important to know where your children are at ALL times, who they are with and what they are doing.
    This is a balancing act, you want your children to learn to be independant, and give them room to grow but also to protect them.

Just be pro- active, keep your eyes open and most importantly ....Listen to your gut!
    good advice i just want people to remember sex offenders are not just child moleters they are also poeple who have raped grown women and men. I'm a little person and not very strong. I have to look out for myself too!!