Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterloo/one dead at airport

Default Waterloo/one dead at airport

whats going on around here. breaking news at 2:00 this after noon on WANE.com states a person is dead at the waterloo airport. geeez. no details as of yet. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO.

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Re: Waterloo/one dead at airport

Northeast Indiana is really racking up the bodycount of late.

On an only semi-related note:

I know I'm not originally from around here, but...

There's an airport in Waterloo???

Quote Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

Map shows it is maybe one or two miles east of waterloo on US 6. Appears to have a grass runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywort View Post
    Map shows it is maybe one or two miles east of waterloo on US 6. Appears to have a grass runway.
    The Walker-Rowe Airport, a grass-strip airport two miles east of Waterloo on US6.

The reports we have received so far are calling it an apparent homicide.

http://www.dekalbstar.com/index.php?...=507&Itemid=53

Quote Originally Posted by coyoteangel2003 View Post
    whats going on around here. breaking news at 2:00 this after noon on WANE.com states a person is dead at the waterloo airport. geeez. no details as of yet. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO.
    Wasn't there a discussion not too long ago about the impossibility of somebody being killed in Mongo?

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusBeebe View Post
    Wasn't there a discussion not too long ago about the impossibility of somebody being killed in Mongo?
    I recall that although Waterloo is a big city.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

The Walker Rowe airport used to be a hopping place on the weekends. They hosted Skydiving classes there until they moved them to Angola.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywort View Post

Waterloo international airport and flea market

copied from WLKI....

Butler Man Found Shot To Death At Waterloo Airport
    Saturday, May 16, 2009

(WATERLOO) - What has already been a violent week in our area has gotten even worse. A Butler man was found shot to death Friday afternoon at a flea market in the Walker-Rowe Airport main building near Waterloo following an apparent robbery. As of late Friday night, police were still trying to find a suspect. The shooting victim was identified as 63-year-old Raymond Edward Morrow. Indiana State Police Sergeant Ron Galaviz says police were called to the airport in the 4500 block of U.S. 6 at about 2:00 when a customer at the flea market found Morrow lying on the floor. He was pronounced dead at the scene from an apparent gunshot wound. State Police are leading the investigation with assistance from DeKalb County authorities. Galaviz says no information is being released as far as a motive is concerned although Fort Wayne television stations report a robbery may have taken place. An autopsy on Morrow is scheduled to be held at 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Indiana State Police at 1-800-552-0976 or DeKalb County Police at 925-3365.

On the evening news tonight, I see they have arrested 4 men responsible for this murder. Congrats to the quick police work in this case!

Jeffrey W. Cain, 51, of Saint Cloud, Fla., admitted killing 63-year-old Raymond Edward Morrow inside his flea market at Walker/Rowe Airport on May 15, Indiana State Police Detective Mark Heffelfinger said.

Cain robbed and killed Morrow in cooperation with Matthew W. Nelson, 49, of Orland, Clint Daniel Hess, 40, of Corunna, and Matthu Ryan Sanders, 28, of Hudson, according to court records.

The four men worked together to hatch the plan to rob and kill Morrow because of $4,000 Hess owed him, police said in court records.

Police arrested Sanders May 18 on an unrelated warrant, Cain was arrested Saturday in Florida and authorities took Hess and Nelson into custody today.

Hess, Nelson and Sanders are charged with murder, felony murder and armed robbery. Cain is charged with murder and armed robbery.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

I could not believe my eyes when I first read about this.
    I am glad they caught the rat ******** that did this.
    May they rot in hell.

http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...77/0/FRONTPAGE

We can see the entire article here with the pictures of these evil men.

Remember, they are considered innocent until proven guilty.
    "A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him."~David Brinkley

Quote Originally Posted by denali View Post
    Remember, they are considered innocent until proven guilty.
    I understand you have a kind heart Denali, however, this victim is GONE forever. If the accused are innocent, they will have their day in court and that will be discovered. Yes, they are innocent until proven guilty, however, there are reported confessions. I sincerely hope the guilty are truely discovered.

Some of these cases linger on for years, I'm happy to see such quick response from our police departments.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I understand you have a kind heart Denali, however, this victim is GONE forever. If the accused are innocent, they will have their day in court and that will be discovered. Yes, they are innocent until proven guilty, however, there are reported confessions. I sincerely hope the guilty are truely discovered.

Some of these cases linger on for years, I'm happy to see such quick response from our police departments.
    I am truly glad that arrests were made quickly and I pray that they have the people that committed this horrible crime. I just prefer not to convict them without their day in court.

I feel horrible for the victim, his family and loved ones that goes without saying.

I think that the paper said that one of the alleged accomplices may have owed the victim money, (perhaps for guns?-my thoughts). If that is correct, it will be interesting to find out the rap sheet of that person, if he has one. And what background checks were required on that person for the sale of those guns. I am reading a lot in this at this point but will be curious to know some of these questions-perhaps taking some of this to a gun law issue????
    "A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him."~David Brinkley

Once again, a group of morons learn the hard way that anyone who commits murder in a group in this area will get caught.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

17. Default Re: Waterloo/one dead at airport

I am truly glad that arrests were made quickly and I pray that they have the people that committed this horrible crime. I just prefer not to convict them without their day in court.

I feel horrible for the victim, his family and loved ones that goes without saying.

I think that the paper said that one of the alleged accomplices may have owed the victim money, (perhaps for guns?-my thoughts). If that is correct, it will be interesting to find out the rap sheet of that person, if he has one. And what background checks were required on that person for the sale of those guns. I am reading a lot in this at this point but will be curious to know some of these questions-perhaps taking some of this to a gun law issue????
    I think you'll find the debt was not for guns, but that information has not been released yet. I have heard things from relatives of the victim that I can not substantiate, so we'll wait for the facts to come out as they are released.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    I think you'll find the debt was not for guns, but that information has not been released yet. I have heard things from relatives of the victim that I can not substantiate, so we'll wait for the facts to come out as they are released.
    Like I said, I am reading a lot into it and should have kept my thoughts to myself. And yes, I should wait until the facts are released. I have no clue what the debt was for.

Like I said, I am reading a lot into it and should have kept my thoughts to myself. And yes, I should wait until the facts are released. I have no clue what the debt was for.
    Today's article in the KPC is informative and interesting with more details regarding the relationship between the 4 arrested in this case.

I really admire the spirit of the victim's daughter who posted her comment under KPC's story. I don't know the victim, his family or any of those arrested in the crime, however, I suspect that Raymond Morrow would be quite proud of his daughter and her outlook. I know I admire her for her attitude.

I will be interested to read the background of the 3 local men who were arrested. Sounds like the Florida man, Cain, had an extensive prison background. I'm curious if this man Cain was capable of influencing his Indiana friends ... or if they were similar in background?

Such a waste of the living.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Today's article in the KPC is informative and interesting with more details regarding the relationship between the 4 arrested in this case.
    Here is the link:

http://www.dekalbstar.com/index.php?...=784&Itemid=53

There should be more on this tomorrow.