Thread: Demolition Derby at the Fair

Third Demolition Derby at the Fair

Ok so fair week is over.... Any one have any comments about it?? Anyone attend the Demo Derby Saturday night?? If so what did you think of the show?

Post Re: Demolition Derby at the Fair

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel7878 View Post
    Ok so fair week is over.... Any one have any comments about it?? Anyone attend the Demo Derby Saturday night?? If so what did you think of the show?
    As for me I didn't make one day at it this year. I think I got caught in some wierd without wheels Demoltion Derby
    At some time a long,long,long time ago,well not really all that long ago,I began searching for the other half of that fun if getting there was the first half. Well,am yet cheering

Default Re: Demolition Derby at the Fair

I didn't go Saturday night, but I went to the combine and truck demolition derby Friday night. It was my first demolition derby, and I had a great time! I didn't know I could have so much fun watching vehicles run into each other! I'm really glad I went. It was a blast!
    She who is called "Queen of the Fence" wishes you a pleasant day!

May the Force be with you!

I never have been able to watch/enjoy a demolition derby, I really can't see the sense in destroying something on purpose.
    "A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him."~David Brinkley

We didn't do the demo derby - the only show we caught was the rodeo, which I didn't catch a lot of because I was bouncing back and forth between that and the round robin/showmanship competition. But my mom and oldest son enjoyed it quite a bit. I think we would have caught the micro-sprints on Tuesday if my son hadn't had a baseball game.

The kids were disappointed they didn't have bumper cars for the rides, but I thought there was a pretty nice selection. I bought the mega pass ahead of time and that worked out well. There were six days of rides so each son got two days of wristbands, so everyone got their fill of rides.

We were there all week due to work and/or 4-H responsibilities and had a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by james_t View Post
    We were there all week due to work and/or 4-H responsibilities and had a lot of fun.
    Was that your son in the paper that won an award in the dog competition?
    ~You reap what you sow~

Quote Originally Posted by ebbieday View Post
    Was that your son in the paper that won an award in the dog competition?
    Yes. And our dog, too. This is their second year of 4-H dog club.