Thread: Hit and Run

Default Hit and Run

This is just horrible. Whoever did the hitting needs to turn themselves in.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local_w...k_200910051640

Default Re: Hit and Run

How could he not notice the blood and flesh on his truck?

http://www.dekalbstar.com/index.php?...test&Itemid=53

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    How could he not notice the blood and flesh on his truck?

http://www.dekalbstar.com/index.php?...test&Itemid=53
    I have heard a rumor that his eyesite is extremely poor. Someone that knows him personally said he was surprised that fellow was still driving because it had gotten so bad.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I have heard a rumor that his eyesite is extremely poor. Someone that knows him personally said he was surprised that fellow was still driving because it had gotten so bad.
    Really. I wonder how he passed his drivers license test?

Really. I wonder how he passed his drivers license test?
    You know when they issue our drivers license to us in Indiana now they are good for 6 yrs. I'm not sure about Ohio's length of time.

Personally, I get my eyes examined every year and every year my prescription is enhanced a bit. I never needed glasses until I was 50...now...I am seeing with blurred vision until I put my glasses on.

I've never had cataracts on my eyes, but from what I hear they REALLY mess with your vision. Getting old is not for wimps!

What I'm saying is he may have seen well enough to pass his eye test for his drivers license when it was issued to him and his site has diminished since that time. Again...I am only speculating...I don't know this man personally.
    Hans Christian Anderson

I think if someone wears glasses, they (we) should have to get something from our eye doctor to take to the license branch saying that our eyes were checked and we do not require new glasses. Or, better yet, have them mail everyone that wears glasses a form that our eye doctor has to fill out and we can mail it back to the license branch.

I think if someone wears glasses, they (we) should have to get something from our eye doctor to take to the license branch saying that our eyes were checked and we do not require new glasses. Or, better yet, have them mail everyone that wears glasses a form that our eye doctor has to fill out and we can mail it back to the license branch.
    Hey...that would create some new job opportunities also!

I feel so sick for the loss of life of this young man and the grief his family is dealing with.

Quick story:

A good friend of mine who lives in Florida had a convertible. He was driving it thru an intersection (he has the greenlight). An older lady driving a large car didn't see her red light and hit my friend broadside. The impact threw my friend into the air and he landed on top of a utility pole. He is dangling up there, holding on for dear life. One shoulder was dislocated and broken. He is caught up in wires and using his good arm to hold on. The little old lady put her car in reverse....backed up...and rammed the utility pole again. Thankfully, my friend survived after about a year off work from his injuries.

She honestly believed when she backed up, she was back on the road and was trying to pull forward to park her car. (Obviously her mental capabilities were failing her)...how do you test for that?
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Hey...that would create some new job opportunities also!

I feel so sick for the loss of life of this young man and the grief his family is dealing with.

Quick story:

A good friend of mine who lives in Florida had a convertible. He was driving it thru an intersection (he has the greenlight). An older lady driving a large car didn't see her red light and hit my friend broadside. The impact threw my friend into the air and he landed on top of a utility pole. He is dangling up there, holding on for dear life. One shoulder was dislocated and broken. He is caught up in wires and using his good arm to hold on. The little old lady put her car in reverse....backed up...and rammed the utility pole again. Thankfully, my friend survived after about a year off work from his injuries.

She honestly believed when she backed up, she was back on the road and was trying to pull forward to park her car. (Obviously her mental capabilities were failing her)...how do you test for that?
    I am glad your friend made it.
    You can't test for mental capabilities, but, i wish we could. I can't even begin to tell everyone how many people I see driving that obviously should not be. I am sure you all have seen a few too!

tdl_auburn Guest

Indiana should do what Michigan does. Every time you renew your license you have to retake the written test. Reason being that many people forget some traffic laws over time and need to be reminded.