Thread: Gene Stratton Porter Tea

Default Gene Stratton Porter Tea

Today I enjoyed the nicest afternoon at this beautiful Historical State site. I had seen the announcement in The Star a while back about this day covering herbal teas and a garden tour coming up.

I had called a friend and asked her if she would like to join me for an outing to Rome City for today. Among our mutual friends we ended up bringing a total of 8 women to this really fun event.

The weather couldn't have been more beautiful and the world tour of herbal teas with fancy tea foods and a tour of Gene Stratton Porters home and gardens was excellent. My first time to participate in this event. I certainly recommend it to anyone who has thought about it.

I admit I have a sugar high after consuming all the truffles, cream puffs, etc. FYI...The 'Tea' day is probably more of a ladies day.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Default Re: Gene Stratton Porter Tea

8 women? sounds babe-a- licious.

Default Re: Gene Stratton Porter Tea

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Today I enjoyed the nicest afternoon at this beautiful Historical State site. I had seen the announcement in The Star a while back about this day covering herbal teas and a garden tour coming up.

I had called a friend and asked her if she would like to join me for an outing to Rome City for today. Among our mutual friends we ended up bringing a total of 8 women to this really fun event.

The weather couldn't have been more beautiful and the world tour of herbal teas with fancy tea foods and a tour of Gene Stratton Porters home and gardens was excellent. My first time to participate in this event. I certainly recommend it to anyone who has thought about it.

I admit I have a sugar high after consuming all the truffles, cream puffs, etc. FYI...The 'Tea' day is probably more of a ladies day.
    When I first heard of this event a while back, I really wanted to go...for two reasons. I have never been to the GSP site and because I love tea...all kinds of tea. It's really unfortunate that it is held during the day when I have to work. It should have been on a weekend. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    ~You reap what you sow~