Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,902

    Default Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Will someone please explain to me why this man is out on bail!!


    Man admits deviate conduct with child Print
    By Bob Braley bobb@kpcnews.net
    Tuesday, 18 May 2010 08:14

    KENDALLVILLE — A Kendallville man admitted Tuesday in Noble Superior Court I that he had oral sex with a child on Halloween.

    Robert Wayne Woolard II, 38, pleaded guilty to criminal deviate conduct, a Class B felony, Tuesday. He admitted that he had oral sex with a girl less than 10 years old on Oct. 31, 2009, and that she was too young to be able to consent to any sexual conduct.

    A plea agreement in Woolard’s case calls for him to serve 20 years in prison with the option of applying for a sentence modification after 15 years have been served. The state would have the right to oppose any modification of the sentence at that time.

    Sentencing in the case was set for July 2. Woolard remains free on bond until sentencing.

    As part of the plea agreement, the charge against Woolard was reduced from child molesting, a Class A felony, and two related charges of child molesting, a Class A felony, would be dismissed.

    Court records indicate the offense took place in Woolard’s home in the 200 block of South Lincoln Street, Kendallville.

    A Class A felony carries a potential sentence of 20-50 years. The sentencing range for a Class B felony is six to 20 years. Each also carries a potential fine of up to $10,000.

    Woolard had been a foster parent in Noble County at one time. The victim was not one of the foster children who had been in Woolard’s care, and the Kendallville Police Department said she appears to be the only victim.

    However, Woolard was a foster parent at the time of his arrest, police said. The foster child was removed from the home and Woolard’s status as a foster parent was terminated by the Indiana Department of Child Services’ Noble County office.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Angola,IN
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    Will someone please explain to me why this man is out on bail!!
    It's my understanding that felonies have sort of a menu of bail amounts. I also have been told that the judge has the option of adjusting those amounts, or even denying bail if the charge is serious enough or if the person is a flight risk, at the time of arraignment.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,902

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    It's my understanding that felonies have sort of a menu of bail amounts. I also have been told that the judge has the option of adjusting those amounts, or even denying bail if the charge is serious enough or if the person is a flight risk, at the time of arraignment.
    and, this obviously is NOT serious enough. Now, that ****es me off.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Angola,IN
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    and, this obviously is NOT serious enough. Now, that ****es me off.
    Obviously, I am not an attorney, this is simply anecdotal, but that's how I have been told the process works. Maybe someone here can confirm or correct that.

    In any case, it seems to me the crime warrants either no bail or something very high. It does look like he is going to be in prison for a good long while at least.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin

  5. #5

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    This is very disturbing that he is out. I hope he is being monitored with an electronic bracelet.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,902

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    Obviously, I am not an attorney, this is simply anecdotal, but that's how I have been told the process works. Maybe someone here can confirm or correct that.

    In any case, it seems to me the crime warrants either no bail or something very high. It does look like he is going to be in prison for a good long while at least.
    I hope he does get a very long time. Just a few weeks ago, another "Man" did the same thing but to an even younger child. They let him out on bail and he did it AGAIN!!! I am told that child molester's can't be turned around.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,902

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    I hope he does get a very long time. Just a few weeks ago, another \"Man\" did the same thing but to an even younger child. They let him out on bail and he did it AGAIN!!! I am told that child molester's can't be turned around.
    Here is the story.
    Child Molester, Molests Again.

    ALBION — A Wolcottville man admitted Thursday in Noble Circuit Court that he molested a young child while he was out on bond awaiting sentencing for child molesting.

    Thomas A. Slaughter, 39, pleaded guilty Thursday to child molesting, a Class C felony, and resisting law enforcement, a Class A misdemeanor — the latter charge stemming from his actions while being booked into the Noble County Jail for the child molesting charge.

    Slaughter admitted that he molested a child of less than 7 years old at his residence in the 400 block of Park St., Wolcottville on Feb. 25. He also admitted that he had resisted law enforcement when he was booked into the jail on March 1.

    At the time, Slaughter was out on $15,000 bond for a charge of child molesting, a Class C felony. In that case, he fondled a boy at a location within a block of Slaughter’s home from May 2000 through May 2009. The boy was less than 11 years old as of May 2009.

    Slaughter had pleaded guilty to the first molesting offense on Jan. 7, 2010, and continued out on the bond he had posted June 16, 2009. He was sentenced March 4, 2010, in the first case. His bond was officially revoked March 3, two days after the new arrest.

    According to court documents, Slaughter had the female victim in the new case fondle him. At the time of his March 1 arrest, he allegedly had a drug for which he had no prescription on his person and resisted law enforcement by swallowing at least two of the pills in order to destroy evidence.

    A plea agreement in the case calls for Slaughter to be sentenced to six years in prison for the felony and one year for the misdemeanor, with the sentences to be served at the same time. He would be ordered to serve two years, with the remaining four years suspended and on probation. His probation would be with sex offender terms.

    Sentencing in the new case was set for July 1.

    Slaughter is already serving his sentence from his March 4 conviction. In that case, he was sentenced to four years with 30 months to be served and 18 suspended and on probation.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Save the peoples money! Take this guy outback and come back without him. Lead is cheap!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,795

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Here is a link that I read very recently regarding keeping sexual offenders in prison beyond their assigned prison time if they are considered to be dangerous to the public. The Bill seems reasonable to me, however, there may be some civil rights laws that will prevent the enforcement. I suppose we all need to wait and see.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/17...offenders.html
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,902

    Default Re: Adult has Oral Sex with Child

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Here is a link that I read very recently regarding keeping sexual offenders in prison beyond their assigned prison time if they are considered to be dangerous to the public. The Bill seems reasonable to me, however, there may be some civil rights laws that will prevent the enforcement. I suppose we all need to wait and see.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/17/1952814/us-can-indefinitely-hold-sex-offenders.html
    Good Article Helen. I hope that this law gets passed in all States. Seems fair to me, however, Wicked's approach would be far less expensive and much quicker.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •