Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am appalled

Default Re: I am appalled

Quote Originally Posted by featherlite View Post
    I am appalled at the total lack of knowledge by all posters here. No one knows the true situation, only what was visible. Any law enforcement official would be more than glad to have answered a question regarding this supposed 'offense'.
    No one, no one can make judgements regarding a person's handicap or disability (yes, disabled persons can receive a placard) based upon a visual sighting.
    There was no handicapped placard hanging from the rear view mirror, so the car was illegally parked. This is not supposed.
    The trooper and his family all exited the restaurant walking upright. This is not supposed.
    It could be possible that the trooper parked illegally in the space during the storm, and possibly didn't see the blue outline.
    My point in sharing this is that a safe estimate of 9 out of 10 of us would have gotten ticketed.
    I did call this into the state police post. Its still wrong, and I still feel that the trooper should have been fined.
    Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it. John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah View Post
    There was no handicapped placard hanging from the rear view mirror, so the car was illegally parked. This is not supposed.
    The trooper and his family all exited the restaurant walking upright. This is not supposed.
    It could be possible that the trooper parked illegally in the space during the storm, and possibly didn't see the blue outline.
    My point in sharing this is that a safe estimate of 9 out of 10 of us would have gotten ticketed.
    I did call this into the state police post. Its still wrong, and I still feel that the trooper should have been fined.
    I think you need to ask numerous officers, as I have in 3 of the cities in noble county about this. Most of the officers have not written a ticket for this offense and some just one or two. All the officers admitted to seeing cars in these spaces without placards or handicapped plates and chose to not ticket the person. Most though, at the very least talked with the violator and made it clear it was not to happen again.
    I believe your safe estimate is possibly not correct. Perhaps you should have called the city police at the time to see what would have happened. The trooper may have received a ticket had you called the police in that jurisdiction instead of calling the state police after the fact. I am sure the ISP officer was chewed on by his supervisor after you called with the plate number.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If he would have parked in a handicapped spot in Auburn, Trust Me, the chalk man would have nailed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    If he would have parked in a handicapped spot in Auburn, Trust Me, the chalk man would have nailed him.
    Thanks for the chuckle, Mrs. Slotz! You are absolutely correct. LOL!!
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

I actually saw another State Trooper parked in a handicapped spot this afternoon at Meijer. It's an epidemic. Or maybe he's a serial handicap-parker?
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    I actually saw another State Trooper parked in a handicapped spot this afternoon at Meijer. It's an epidemic. Or maybe he's a serial handicap-parker?
    Maybe the serial handicap-parker has gone nationwide.

http://orwellsdreams.wordpress.com/2...dicapped-spot/

Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    Ok - I see your post was made after 6pm. Was it raining very hard where a driver of a vehicle would have trouble discerning whether a parking spot close to the entrance of Meijer's was a handicapped parking spot or not?

I got caught in a bit of a rain storm over by MapleCrest and Stellhorn about that time this afternoon. Is this a serial rainstorm State Trooper parking violation? Our concerned citizens need to know!!
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Maybe the serial handicap-parker has gone nationwide.

http://orwellsdreams.wordpress.com/2...dicapped-spot/
    I believe we are safe to go with the 'local' serial handicap-parker. The National concept is too much for me to comprehend!!
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Ok - I see your post was made after 6pm. Was it raining very hard where a driver of a vehicle would have trouble discerning whether a parking spot close to the entrance of Meijer's was a handicapped parking spot or not?

I got caught in a bit of a rain storm over by MapleCrest and Stellhorn about that time this afternoon. Is this a serial rainstorm State Trooper parking violation? Our concerned citizens need to know!!
    Nope. It was bright and sunny. In all fairness, I don't know anything about this particular officer or his circumstances, but if I were a driver with a placard and there wasn't anywhere to park I'd likely be a little teed off.

For better or worse, perception is reality and the perception is that the officer who would park there has a sense of entitlement and of being above the law.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin