Thread: Sure Glad The Public Beach At Clear Lake Is Still There

Default Sure Glad The Public Beach At Clear Lake Is Still There

I had the afternoon off so I decided to take my Daughter and two of my Grandchildren swimming at our favorite beach, At Clear Lake. For a Wed. afternoon the place was pretty crowded. We had a blast. Then after swimming treated everyone to icecream at the icecream joint nearby.
    It's great to still have a place to have a good time swimming. Been visiting this public beach since the 70's while still in school over in Ohio.

Default Re: Sure Glad The Public Beach At Clear Lake Is Still There

I see they are talking about cutting the steep hill down so it's easier to get down to the beach and back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    I had the afternoon off so I decided to take my Daughter and two of my Grandchildren swimming at our favorite beach, At Clear Lake. For a Wed. afternoon the place was pretty crowded. We had a blast. Then after swimming treated everyone to icecream at the icecream joint nearby.
    It's great to still have a place to have a good time swimming. Been visiting this public beach since the 70's while still in school over in Ohio.
    The Hamilton News sometime back had a pic of way before the 1950s of Circle Park with a caption of thousands enjoying what was then offered and not just swimming. I hope some of that TR lease money is reserved to restore such places for locals that were done away with primarily for housing,even Summer Resortists lost their then places to go like Bledsoes on James. Besides local spending would be good no wander though why the new generation of local kids being deprived of places to go on all of our bragged 101 lakes gang-up and tend to get themselves in trouble by looking for other fun,point is RaceFan most Parents locally too are working at Summer times and don't want their kids going to such places alone where back in the day wasn't laced with swim at your own risk signs to be obeyed but Lifeguards were a part of the employement system.

Hey RaceFan,had an experience of my own yesterday after an "wild goose chase" to Orland that went into the archives to find a post to tell it (actually too an introduction of Family business plan with the basic freebie thought as to your expressed gladness of the Clear Lake beach still there...still there kind of an question since an older post.)

But anyway I had thought of this before,even when the pubic question was going around of what to do now for any economic/social development for the former (RIP) Bledsoes property. I would imagine most of us OLDIES BUT GOODIES of those having grown up on our resort lakes of our 101 Steuben County lakes I would suppose they recall all the fun in the sun/social gathering places there were back in the days and why they hung around (even if only Summer residents) with the hopes their children would experience what they did. But they can't much because a good many of the places we used to go to are no longer there,given way so as new Seekers of fun in the sun/social gathering can have roofs over their heads though for all now there's just not that many places for fun in the sun/social gathering places to attend. And with high cost of gas and not much of anywhere to go anymore it must take some effort on their part to just go drive watercraft around the lake-tells you currently what I don't have.

No doubt that must be an near unison opinion why our County Commissioners/Council members are putting such an effort in keeping the fun in the sun/social gathering place active of County property on(?) Crooked Lake...sorry for that question mark,resort lake of Hamilton was like back in the day good enough for many of us but it was on the return from that wild goose chase to Orland the back way home and when I hit the Angola City limits it ended the vacation type of sight seeing and of driving around all the curves of those few of the 101 lakes of our County is what I was reminded of.

What the wild goose chase was (after a telephone call that they yet had some) went to Orland to purchase some end of the season Morels that just didn't happen. But what I did find on the way home was that once again lemon find...my opinion of what we need more of in our 101 lakes area.

Ok, um, now is that the lake that's connected to the 4H grounds, here in Angola, or is that the one in Fremont? My son and I love going to the one that's connected to the 4H campgrounds, near the old Fun Spot, here in town! Or sometimes to the beach around Potawatomi Inn, at Pokagon, once in awhile! If you're talking about the beach in Fremont, we've been there, a couple times....would be nice if they'd get rid of some of that hill! I love the exit way from where we normally go though, drive through a little wooded area, very peaceful and beautiful!
    burgundystar