Thread: General Motor's Electric Car To Cost $41,000

Default General Motor's Electric Car To Cost $41,000

Volt to cost $41,000

DETROIT (AP) - General Motors Co. said Tuesday its Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost $41,000 when it goes on sale in November.

While the price is about $8,000 more than its closest rival, the Nissan Leaf, GM said it will offer a $350-per-month lease deal that's essentially equal to the Leaf's. That will put the battery-powered Volt within reach of many people, GM said.

Both cars also are eligible for a federal tax credit that will cut their prices by $7,500. The Volt's price would fall to $33,500 while the Leaf's would drop to $25,280 from $32,780. Some states, such as California, Georgia and Oregon, offer additional tax breaks that lower the price further.

The Volt, a 4-door sedan, runs on battery power for up to 40 miles but has a small gasoline engine to generate electricity once the battery runs down. The gas engine can generate power to run the car another 300 miles.

That's a big selling point because some drivers worry about the battery going dead during trips. This so-called "range anxiety" dogged GM's experimental EV-1 electric car in the 1990s.

To give the car wider appeal, drivers must know "they're not going to get stranded," said Joel Ewanick, GM vice president U.S. marketing.

HomeyG Guest

Default Re: General Motor's Electric Car To Cost $41,000

Wonder how all the Volt owners are getting around in New York City?

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I hear they are not waiting in the long lines for gas.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

It takes power to pump gasoline too, genius.

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigB View Post
    It takes power to pump gasoline too, genius.
    Ah ha, another one without a sense of humor!!!!!!!!

My sense of humor is fine, when the joke makes any sense at all. In this case, it didn't.

I'm not that big of a fan of electric cars, truth be told. They have their niche, but it's just that.

As much as I abhor emoticons, a smiley on the end of your original post might have helped make the point you were being ironic or humorous.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    As much as I abhor emoticons, a smiley on the end of your original post might have helped make the point you were being ironic or humorous.
    Noted, thanks.

Noted, thanks.
    Nah, you were good. My problem is that I was still irritated at you about the song thread. My response should have been:

"They are getting around by foot, just like the people with gasoline powered cars - because you need power to run the pumps."

Better, Homey?

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigB View Post
    Nah, you were good. My problem is that I was still irritated at you about the song thread. My response should have been:

"They are getting around by foot, just like the people with gasoline powered cars - because you need power to run the pumps."

Better, Homey?
    Not quite sure why everybody got upset, it was a parody and there was some truth in what was said, at least from our perspective. I didn't get upset at the other songs and regardless of what Blue said they were directed at Republicans. Did I make amends by the last video I posted? As a long ago Democrat, many, many years ago, I vaguely remember that song being played at some Democratic function.

Backed to the Volt. I first pictured a Volt with a windmill strap to it. Then I got curious as to what do they do in the event of power outages. One man's solution was to install solar panels for the sole purpose of keeping his batteries charged.

So anyway what about that guy in India that fitted an standard engine with an compressed air tank that causes the pistons to be driven just like on fuel?

Not quite sure why everybody got upset, it was a parody and there was some truth in what was said, at least from our perspective. I didn't get upset at the other songs and regardless of what Blue said they were directed at Republicans. Did I make amends by the last video I posted? As a long ago Democrat, many, many years ago, I vaguely remember that song being played at some Democratic function.

Backed to the Volt. I first pictured a Volt with a windmill strap to it. Then I got curious as to what do they do in the event of power outages. One man's solution was to install solar panels for the sole purpose of keeping his batteries charged.
    Please show me where a song about lies was directed at only the republicans? Granted, the lies from the right were outlandish, but both sides honked me off with the barage of half-truths, and outright lies. Nowhere in that song did it once say republicans, or parody them.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

Failed to mention I think that new car is to sell over there for maybe 5K but it would never meet body safety laws over here. And too never heard the specs about it but unless it has an built in air compressor to keep the compressed air tank filled that drives the pistons even air over here at many gas stations would be costly.