Thread: Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame Coming To Auburn,IN.

Default Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame Coming To Auburn,IN.

The International Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame is being established in Auburn, IN. at the Kruse Automobile & Carriage Museum by Jeff Cook. The museum and Hall Of Fame's mission is to collect and Archive the history of the Monster truck sport and related aspects of the high performance aftermarket, focusing upon capturing the history from the surviving pioneers and legends through the accumulation of vehicles and artifacts.
    Jeff is also looking for people who would like to be involved with this museum, so if you like Monster trucks or are involved in Monster Truck racing contact Jeff at the number below.
    To contact Jeff about donating or loaning items for this museum or other info call 260-925-1951.
    We have three of Jeff's trucks in the museum and here is one of them:
    Last edited by RaceFan; 12-07-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Default Re: Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame Coming To Auburn,IN.

Another New Monster Truck arrived today(12/23/2010) at the International Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame located inside the Kruse Automobile & Carriage Museum in Auburn,IN. where 12-15 monster trucks will soon cover the floor area. Also the same building for the National Military History Center.

“Aces High” monster truck, a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, with a stock all steel body and flame throwing exhaust. This truck was Nationally famous for receiving much publicity on Television.
    Weighs a car crushing 11,000 pounds
    Powered by: 383 cubic inch blown alcohol injected Chevy small block linked to a turbo 400 transmission with a manual reverse pattern valve body and a 4000 rpm stall converter producing 1250 wheel standing horsepower

Put to the ground by : 5 ton Rockwell axles with planetary knuckles, dampened by 16 shocks on 66 inch Goodyear terra tires each weighing 1200 pounds

It is the most detailed monster truck in the world and is currently valued at $350,000

Holds the world record for a wheel stand of 700 feet at 45mph on the rear tires performed in Las Vegas

One of the only car crushing, "FIRE BREATHING" monster trucks in the world.

Two Monster Trucks scheduled to arrive at the museum are BIGFOOT 1 (The truck that started it all) & Predator.

You can learn more about this truck and the people who now own it by going to: http://www.shellcaminomonstertruck.com/index.html

To keep up to date on the progress of this museum go to : http://www.wildmanjeff.com/news-

Photo's By Kevin Allgire

tdl_auburn Guest

My 3 year old has taken an interest in Monster Trucks. He'd go crazy over seeing these up close.

Quote Originally Posted by tdl_auburn View Post
    My 3 year old has taken an interest in Monster Trucks. He'd go crazy over seeing these up close.
    I hope you'll bring him to the museum. There's also lots of race cars and custom cars from Tv shows and movies as well to look at, as well as the military museum.
    We are open 9am-5pm every day except Thanksgiving ,Christmas, and New Years Day.

tdl_auburn Guest

Maybe on a weekend. I work 8-4. By the time I get him back from his mom's after work it'd be too late to enjoy anything before closing time. I'll probably bring him by soon after the New Year. I think he'd really enjoy it.

Coming Soon To The International Monster Truck Museum & Hall Of Fame in Auburn,IN.

BIGFOOT #1 is "The Original Monster Truck", first owned by Bob & Marilyn Chandler in 1974. In 1976, Bob began the first of what would become an endless series of modifications along the road to what is now recognized as a monster truck. BIGFOOT #1 began its career at local mud runs and truck pulls. The famous rear steering was introduced in 1979. The same year, it also starred in the movie "Take This Job And Shove It". 1981 marked a historic moment for monster trucks. That year Chandler drove BIGFOOT over a couple of junk cars, just for fun, to see if he could do it. Well, needless to say, the truck drove right over the top of the cars, and the rest is history. #1 was also the first monster truck to drive over cars for an audience in 1982. In March of 1983, BIGFOOT #1 starred in the largest single day event involving monster trucks at the Pontiac Silverdome, before 72,000 fans. It evolved over a period of eight years, and has seen 18 different tire and wheel combinations, from its original street truck setup through the 10 foot tall Firestone tundra tires, to the current standard-issue 66" Firestone 23-degree flotation tires. Today, BIGFOOT #1 is mainly used for display purposes.

Will there be a "Grave Digger" Monster Truck at the museum in the future? We'll just have to wait and see.

tdl_auburn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    I remember having a toy Bigfoot when I was a kid in the 80s. Ran over lots of little matchbox cars.

This looks pretty neat. My 7-year-old will enjoy this immensely...
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin

Hmmmm...looking at the President & Founder of the new Monster Truck Museum, Jeff Cook's online address. It is jeff@wildmanjeff.com. I wonder if it is him who drives that extra large white panel truck around Auburn, Spencerville, and Fort Wayne with 'WILDMAN' on the side? I've always wondered what kind of business the guy was in? Just the word 'WILDMAN' on both sides always made me wonder.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Hmmmm...looking at the President & Founder of the new Monster Truck Museum, Jeff Cook's online address. It is jeff@wildmanjeff.com. I wonder if it is him who drives that extra large white panel truck around Auburn, Spencerville, and Fort Wayne with 'WILDMAN' on the side? I've always wondered what kind of business the guy was in? Just the word 'WILDMAN' on both sides always made me wonder.
    Jeff and his Dad are really nice guys and very talented in the Hot Rod Industry and here is his main website that may answer any other questions you might have: http://www.wildmanjeff.com/home
    Last edited by RaceFan; 12-24-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    Jeff and his Dad are really nice guys and very talented in the Hot Rod Industry and here is his main website that may answer any other questions you might have: http://www.wildmanjeff.com/home
    I went to highschool with his father. I know their place on Country Rd 35...we have had them do body work on our cars in the past. I just didn't know Jeff. It's a natural connection for his son to go with the Monster Trucks. I just never knew who was driving around in the WILDMAN White Panel truck. I get it now!! His father is a very good man. I don't know Jeff.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson