Thread: Mahfuz Huq finally nabbed after 21 years

Default Mahfuz Huq finally nabbed after 21 years

It's been almost a day since the news broke, and there has been no commentary on Mahfuz Huq getting arrested at an airport in New Delhi, India?

Default Re: Mahfuz Huq finally nabbed after 21 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigB View Post
    It's been almost a day since the news broke, and there has been no commentary on Mahfuz Huq getting arrested at an airport in New Delhi, India?
    I didn't live in this area at that time, the story doesn't connect with anyone I know personally. After reading this story, my primary comment is 'Glad they got him!'. I am curious why those who either knew the victim or the girlfriend hasn't had any thoughts to post?
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

This means that there is hope for getting McNaughton. I just hope that we don't have to wait for 21 years to get that crook.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I didn't live in this area at that time, the story doesn't connect with anyone I know personally. After reading this story, my primary comment is 'Glad they got him!'. I am curious why those who either knew the victim or the girlfriend hasn't had any thoughts to post?
    A friend of mine knew the victim very well. She called me on Saturday to tell me about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Slotz View Post
    A friend of mine knew the victim very well. She called me on Saturday to tell me about this.
    I didn't know the victim, or the young lady, but I was a year behind Mahfuz in school so I did know him - not incredibly well, he was a good friend of a few of my friends.

Just a gut feeling, and I'm not sure what I am basing it on, but I think he'll plead guilty before a jury gets the case.

I didn't know the victim, or the young lady, but I was a year behind Mahfuz in school so I did know him - not incredibly well, he was a good friend of a few of my friends.

Just a gut feeling, and I'm not sure what I am basing it on, but I think he'll plead guilty before a jury gets the case.
    BigB, I'm wondering if you or any of your other friends that knew him were surprised when you heard he was charged with a murder? Was he observed to be obsessive before this in other things? I'm just curious, the story reads very much as if this act was premeditated.
    Hans Christian Anderson

BigB, I'm wondering if you or any of your other friends that knew him were surprised when you heard he was charged with a murder? Was he observed to be obsessive before this in other things? I'm just curious, the story reads very much as if this act was premeditated.
    Surprised yes, shocked no. Not the first former girlfriend that was threatened along with the new beau, but talk is cheap and those type of threats are commonplace. To be honest, I was more surprised when I heard about him trying to sell his aunt's jewelry, but perhaps hearing about that made it not as surprising to see how low he had sunk.

Surprised yes, shocked no. Not the first former girlfriend that was threatened along with the new beau, but talk is cheap and those type of threats are commonplace. To be honest, I was more surprised when I heard about him trying to sell his aunt's jewelry, but perhaps hearing about that made it not as surprising to see how low he had sunk.
    I will watch this case with a higher level of interest now that I realize you and Mrs. Slotz were acquainted at different levels with people who were affected by this crime. Also reading the story of his Father's experience in the KPC story had an impact on me. I've had the good fortune of raising 2 sons who have matured into happy Husbands and Fathers. That has brought me much happiness. No parent deserves to learn that their child has been killed in a senseless attack and also, the murderer is known, but has now escaped for 21 yrs.

My best wishes for healing and well being go out to the victim's parents and family.
    Hans Christian Anderson

I wasn't around here either Helen. Given it happemed at my home schools town I was told his dad worked at Trine...fomerally Tri-State ofcourse. never read the story though,probably won't keep up with it much until I get back on my own system.

It has been a month since Mahfuz has been captured. Has anyone heard if the prosecutor is going to extradite or not?

Quote Originally Posted by The quiet majority View Post
    It has been a month since Mahfuz has been captured. Has anyone heard if the prosecutor is going to extradite or not?
    Do you know how much that costs?! GEEZ! It's petty MURDER. It's not like he had weed or something!
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by The quiet majority View Post
    Good question. Perhaps someone from KPC news has an update?
    Hans Christian Anderson

Good question. Perhaps someone from KPC news has an update?
    I suspect if there were *any* news related to that story, Amy and Mike would be all over it, and you'd see a front page article. Nothing has happened.

I still have a blue mark above the webbing between the index and middle finger of my right hand where Huq's brother accidentally stabbed me with his pencil in the band room back in middle school.

I can barely remember the birth of my son or any of the days I got married, yet I enjoy almost perfect recall a moment in time that occurred over twenty years ago.

Perhaps it just takes a permanent physical scar to jog the ol' memory?
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

I suspect if there were *any* news related to that story, Amy and Mike would be all over it, and you'd see a front page article. Nothing has happened.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Big B.

I try to check on the Huq story at least once a week. Last week, when talking with authorities, I was told it could still be a few months before Huq is extradited back to the U.S.

No one has a guess as to the cost. Last I was told, it will likely be federal authorities who bring him back to the states. I have also been told that the Indiana State Police might also physically be involved in the extradition, but again, no one knows.

I do know that Steuben County authorities have hauled people in from all over the country, but this is new territory.

Hope this info is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Big B.

I try to check on the Huq story at least once a week. Last week, when talking with authorities, I was told it could still be a few months before Huq is extradited back to the U.S.

No one has a guess as to the cost. Last I was told, it will likely be federal authorities who bring him back to the states. I have also been told that the Indiana State Police might also physically be involved in the extradition, but again, no one knows.

I do know that Steuben County authorities have hauled people in from all over the country, but this is new territory.

Hope this info is helpful.
    Did any of the reports indicated whether or not the prosecutor was going to seek the death penalty?

When it comes to extradition, many countries that look down on us (and rightly so) for continuing capital punishment refuse to return prisoners unless guaranteed they would not be facing execution.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...