Thread: A First Impression of Albion

Default A First Impression of Albion

Actually, it was my second trip to Albion but the first time I drove through in the dark. This time it was day time and I could see more.

Your castle errrrr....courthouse is worth the trip alone! Gorgous...Gorgous building that made me kick myself that I didn't bring my camera.

Son noted that your Downtown area looked better than Auburn's. His opinion that I thought the locals might agree with.

Saw the "Indiana Seti Array" on the hill behind the China Buffet, now that the real Seti is in hiberation..this might be a tourist draw...work that. Wasn't even a sign to alert to this tourist destination.

Spotted the "Hunk of Pizza & Pop" sign at the gas station south of town. Very creative marketing towards men...didn't do much for me as a female but certainly got the attention of my teenaged son.

Enjoyed the native cuisine at Whistle Stop Pizza. Amazing Taco Pizza there! Would try it again. Can only image that the other pizza choices are just as fantastic!

Saw many low spots in fields that I was suprised the state hadn't yet named as Lakes and put up signage. I'm sure they will get to that.

Overall a very positive impression of Albion, will need to make another trip soon.

Default Re: A First Impression of Albion

We've lived in Albion for 20 years now. When my husband first got his new job, fresh out of the Marines, in this area...we went around to each city and just loved the "feel" is this small town so this is where we decided to settle down. We do have the nicest court house in northern Indiana. Albion has changed a lot since we've been here (the DQ, Dollar General, Subway, Laundromat, etc are all fairly new additions). Whistle Stop Pizza has come a long way...it used to be medicore, at best...now we love it! China Buffet has been two or three different types of restaurants, including another pizza place and a dog 'n suds style hot dog joint. Chain O Lakes State Park is a great place to walk trails, camp and fish, swim, canoe, paddle boat or just enjoy nature. We also have a spring "fair" uptown with a parade at the end every year. It's a nice area, for sure.
    ~You reap what you sow~

Default Re: A First Impression of Albion

Looking good there Ebbie! Albion did look very nice. We did stop in at Chain Of Lakes State Park too. I left it looking better than when I arrived for you. Will be back again, I won't forget my camera next time.