Thread: It's Time To Drop Directv

Default It's Time To Drop Directv

DirecTV says Fox Networks wants a 40% increase. That’s just not true.
    We’ve asked them to pay the same price for your favorite networks, shows and sports programming that their competitors pay. AND, we are willing to keep our channels on while we continue our talks, instead, DirecTV has decided to drop your favorite shows and sporting events November 1.
    Networks include: FX, FOX Regional Sports Networks, SPEED, National Geographic Channel, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FUEL TV and FOX Movie Channel.

I watch the Speed Channel and shows on FX. I guess it's time to drop Directv.

Default Re: It's Time To Drop Directv

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    DirecTV says Fox Networks wants a 40% increase. That’s just not true.
    We’ve asked them to pay the same price for your favorite networks, shows and sports programming that their competitors pay. AND, we are willing to keep our channels on while we continue our talks, instead, DirecTV has decided to drop your favorite shows and sporting events November 1.
    Networks include: FX, FOX Regional Sports Networks, SPEED, National Geographic Channel, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FUEL TV and FOX Movie Channel.

I feel your frustration, Racefan. On Mediacom we lost WAYNE TV for several weeks, then we were pleasantly surprised to discover we have it again. Mediacom did notify us when we were loosing the service, but no notice when it was activated again. It doesn't feel good to continue to pay our monthly bill when our favorite services have been withdrawn. We came very close to dropping Mediacom over that incident.

Good luck!
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

We were with Dish for 10 yrs. When we started having problems with the receivers and they wanted $200 to replace each receiver and wouldn't give us any kind of a deal so I said fine, treat your long time customer's like crap! We then changed to Directv and have been with them for 2.5 years and now this. So I'm not sure which direction to go yet, Dish or Mediacom Cable. Looking at their pricing they are all getting about the same. I'm about ready to just fire up the antenna again and just have local channels.

I did receive this email this morning from Directv:

Dear Mr. Allgire,

Thanks for writing. You’ve been with us for years now and we recognize you as a valued and loyal customer. We want you to know we appreciate it.

I understand how important it is for you to keep the FOX channels with your programming line up and I am sorry to hear that you are considering other providers. I would like to personally assure you that your feedback is very important to us. We respect your time and I appreciate that you've given me the opportunity to personally address your concerns.

I just want to let you know that we have been in discussions to renew our agreement with News Corporation (News Corp) and Fox for its Fox Sports channels, FX and some other national channels. The agreement, which expired at midnight on Sept. 30, does not involve either your local Fox station or Fox News, so those services are not affected.

We have a fundamental disagreement with News Corp over its demand that our customers pay 40 % more for the same Fox channels they already receive. That's simply unfair. Since they will not budge, we are forced to take extreme measures. We have told News Corp that unless they come back with a reasonable price that will protect our customers from excessive increases, we will suspend several of their channels on November 1.

When it comes to providing the best experience at the most reasonable value, everyone is accountable, and so we want to prevent News Corp/Fox from treating you any differently. We recognize that this situation will cause short-term inconvenience, and we respectfully ask for your patience. We believe these actions will help keep your monthly bills under more control over the long term.

This is unfortunately what News Corp and Fox do to everyone, no matter where you get your television service. Last year they had a dispute with Dish Network, Cablevision and Time Warner Cable and now it's our turn, since our contract is up with them. They have been doing business this way for a long time and have had more disputes than any other channel owner.

This is our first major encounter with these incredibly aggressive tactics. We believe that most of our customers realize these situations usually get resolved quite soon. And you have alternative ways of keeping up with your favorite series or teams as DIRECTV has a variety of other channels that carry your games. We understand your frustration and we want you to know that we're going to do everything we can to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

For the latest information, please visit the web site at www.ourpromisetoyou.com.

Furthermore, we know you have a choice when it comes to programming providers, and we must work hard to earn your business. We'd like to speak with you to see how we can help you and show you why DIRECTV is the best choice in home entertainment. After reviewing your account, I see that you may be eligible for a special bundling or equipment offer. This offer is available for a limited time and only by calling us at 1-800-531-5000. Please call us at your convenience between 8:00 AM and 10:0 PM to see what special offer is best for you.

Everything we do is about making sure you enjoy the ultimate TV entertainment experience every day, with the best programming, technology and customer service. This is our promise to you. Be assured that we will continue to invest keeping your channels and innovative services in order to provide you the best possible entertainment experience.

Thanks again for writing, Mr. Allgire. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to keep your Fox channels with DIRECTV. I hope that we can earn your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Jaemie L. - 100264475
    DIRECTV Customer Service

We were with Dish for 10 yrs. When we started having problems with the receivers and they wanted $200 to replace each receiver and wouldn't give us any kind of a deal so I said fine, treat your long time customer's like crap! We then changed to Directv and have been with them for 2.5 years and now this. So I'm not sure which direction to go yet, Dish or Mediacom Cable. Looking at their pricing they are all getting about the same. I'm about ready to just fire up the antenna again and just have local channels.
    In our location and with 4 rooms wired for cable, plus phone service and internet service, it is a bit pricey for us with Mediacom. Yet, we did continue to stay with them because their service has been more reliable than the reports we hear from our neighbors using DirectTV and/or Dish.
    Hans Christian Anderson

If I loose SPEED in the middle of the Chase, that's going to stink. If Dtv raises my rate I would be upset with them,so I can see their point. Not sure who is to blame for possible loss of service.
    There seems to be a dispute about the Fox 40% increase they want .

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeel View Post
    If I loose SPEED in the middle of the Chase, that's going to stink. If Dtv raises my rate I would be upset with them,so I can see their point. Not sure who is to blame for possible loss of service.
    There seems to be a dispute about the Fox 40% increase they want .
    Yes, it was hard for me to understand who I should be most angry with..MediaCom or WAYNE TV. I still do not know who was at fault? Most likely both! Very happy the issue has been resolved. Hopefully, Racefan and his problem with DirectTV will be resolved soon. In my case, once I resolved to do a 'reboot' on my expectations, my blood pressure returned to the safety zone.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Common-Tater Guest

DirecTV has decided to drop your favorite shows and sporting events November 1.

I watch none of these. No skin off my teeth. I've had Mediacom and Dish before...hated each. Dish drops it's signal every time the sky belches. Mediacom has issues with snow. Directv has issues in extreme weather but doesn't have nearly the issues with service disruption as the other 2. Directv also has more channel that I watch, where I have to pay extra to get them with Dish. Get the fiber optics the city has put together and look into getting your channels with them if you want another option.

DIRECTV has reached an agreement with News Corp/Fox
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/fox_retrans

DIRECTV has reached an agreement with News Corp/Fox to continue carrying all Fox-owned channels. There will be NO service disruption. All channels will remain on the air, including:

FX
    National Geographic Channel
    Nat Geo WILD
    SPEED
    FUEL TV
    FOX Movie Channel
    FOX Soccer
    FOX Soccer Plus
    FOX Deportes
    Fox regional sports networks
    Fox News channel
    Fox Broadcasting (FOX)
    Fox Business Network
    Your local FOX station

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.