Thread: Ok Truck Drivers This One's For You

Default Ok Truck Drivers This One's For You

Want to see something really crazy? How about a 24-cylinder Detroit Diesel engine with twelve giant blowers, all polished up and ready for its new assignment. For what it's worth, its previous assignment was providing the motive force necessary to spin the propeller of a ocean-going yacht.

And its new assignment? Nestled tightly within the confines of a Peterbilt semi truck, mated up to an Allison transmission of some sort and mounted on a custom-built 40-foot-long chassis. Sounds pretty epic to us, and we're thinking that 3,424 horsepower (our feeble brains are telling us it should have well over 5,000 pound-feet of torque...) ought to be just about enough.

To see the video when they ran this engine on the Dyno before installing it in the chassis go to: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/30/v...yno/#continued

Common-Tater Guest

Default Re: Ok Truck Drivers This One's For You

I get that this was a nice project for someone who loves motors and loves trucks. But how practical is it when you can't see over the motor to drive it? What's it designed to haul? Seems like a difficult motor to control. Wouldn't want to end up driving over top of the 10 cars in front of you.

[QUOTE=Common-Tater;83332]......What's it designed to haul? /QUOTE]
    A$$

4. Default Re: Ok Truck Drivers This One's For You

It's a 400 gallon per mile stretch limo.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Come on guys it's a Custom Built truck. I don't think it's intended to haul anything but it's self. You know, like a Show Car that is only intended to be looked at and listened to when it's started.