Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spice maker in Butler

Default Re: Spice maker in Butler

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Come on Gray you're repeating that typical liberal spin. When a Republican says he wants sensible government regulations it usually gets translated by the liberal to mean NO government regulations. Another spin is when they say they want smaller government it's translated to "NO" government and I think you are known for saying this a few times. I'm reminded what Lucius said about Nancy Pelosi and the nazi comment, if she didn't say it she didn't mean it. I don't think anywhere can you find where a Republican said "no government" or "no regulations".

This from the Fence Post Spin Master.

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Graygleam View Post
    This from the Fence Post Spin Master.
    A title I would normally cherish but I am just a small spinner in your presence.

Perhaps we should all spin our way back to the spice discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    I don't care where the chemicals came from, blue. I was responding to ferratus' post. The chemicals are present. The chemicals aren't innocuous. Thus the correlation to ferratus' comment about spice.

My reference to paint thinner was based on ferratus' mention of it in post #14. Perhaps he can answer your question.
    Let me be more specific, Acetone. While it may or may not " wash away " is within the means of the creator. So you are putting your life on the line hoping there is no residual left over. This can cause Liver problems for one. I will not get into anymore about what goes into it but rest assured I am well aware in that area. What about birth defects ?? brain damage or any other nasty side effect that this may cause or is causing ?? No one speaking on out that yet ?? I bet if it started costing the tax payer money to take care of these people, there would be a lot more talk about regulation.

As for the chemicals in cigarettes and every other tobacco product. You are talking about apples and oranges. We know what is in cigarettes ( I hope ) and it has huge restrictions. What you do not know is what is going to kill you. You have no idea what is being used. The side effects , later situations that may take place. No research or any type of government oversight ( not that it cures everything by no means ). Just some guy in a garage mixing stuff up and selling it.

As far as this guy providing jobs and having no oversight sir , you have some serious issues. What I have read in your posts why not just remove all the laws concerning drugs, alcohol and controlled substances in general ?? What ?? I do not agree with all the laws but one thing I am well aware of is what I am putting into my body. With that being said ( NO ) I do not trust the government 100 % of the time. However, with NO oversight and no study on what may or may not happen then yes it concerns me.

This guy may be smart because he is making good money selling .... well ....... synthetic dope does not make him an good guy. If everyone took the stand of well he is employing people and what not then I guess you would have no problem with someone selling home made " drinks " to kids and adults made from god knows what that gets them high right ? This stuff needs to be put into check period.

Quote Originally Posted by hideaway70 View Post
    I don't care where the chemicals came from, blue. I was responding to ferratus' post. The chemicals are present. The chemicals aren't innocuous. Thus the correlation to ferratus' comment about spice.

My reference to paint thinner was based on ferratus' mention of it in post #14. Perhaps he can answer your question.

My point, is that most of these chemicals occur naturally, such as cyanide, arsenic, and yes, even acetone. Because they are naturally occurring, it isn't always clear if they happened naturally, or were used to create the product. Case in point, most of the chemicals in tobacco are natural, and in such small amounts that they are negligible to the point that it took years to finally have the courage to say tobacco is harmful. Not being a smoker, I don't care, but, I know afew people that have smoked for more than 50 years without problems, and I believe it is more the tars present that get you.

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Acetone
    Last edited by blue adept; 12-15-2011 at 07:45 AM.