Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Right side of the midwest
    Posts
    203

    Default Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...teelers-010812
    Great game that finished on the first play in overtime.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Tim Tebow is the worst NFL QB to play the game. Stats don't lie.

  3. #3
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxwhittpeaxx View Post
    Tim Tebow is the worst NFL QB to play the game. Stats don't lie.
    You are right, stats don't lie. Tebow was 8 and 4 as a starter and made the playoffs while the Colts could only muster up two wins between three quarterbacks but did manage to earn the number one pick in the upcoming draft. Tebow is the first player to have four completions of 30 yards or more in one quarter of a playoff game in the modern era (since 1960) and the first in any game since Warren Moon in 1990. Further, in the playoffs, no other QB since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 had ever completed three 50+ yard passes in a game. Tebow gains an average of 2.61 yards every time he touches the ball. Maybe that doesn’t sound like much, but only four quarterbacks have done better this season. In order, they are Rodgers, Drew Brees, Brady and injured Matt Schaub. Tebow is No. 5.

    Is he the best quarterback, far from it, but I wouldn't call him the worst either at least according to the stats.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Blue Line
    Posts
    5,703

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    You are right, stats don't lie. Tebow was 8 and 4 as a starter and made the playoffs while the Colts could only muster up two wins between three quarterbacks but did manage to earn the number one pick in the upcoming draft. Tebow is the first player to have four completions of 30 yards or more in one quarter of a playoff game in the modern era (since 1960) and the first in any game since Warren Moon in 1990. Further, in the playoffs, no other QB since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 had ever completed three 50+ yard passes in a game. Tebow gains an average of 2.61 yards every time he touches the ball. Maybe that doesn’t sound like much, but only four quarterbacks have done better this season. In order, they are Rodgers, Drew Brees, Brady and injured Matt Schaub. Tebow is No. 5.

    Is he the best quarterback, far from it, but I wouldn't call him the worst either at least according to the stats.
    He's the worst.

    They run the option. Got that? They run a college offense because he can't handle big boy football.

    Tebow is terrible.

    edit:

    As for statistics that actually matter...

    QB rating: Tebow is 28th
    Completion percentage: Tebow is 34th
    Passing Yards: Tebow is 32nd
    Touchdowns: Tebow is 27th
    Last edited by LuciusBeebe; 01-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Common-Tater Guest

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by LuciusBeebe View Post
    He's the worst.

    They run the option. Got that? They run a college offense because he can't handle big boy football.

    Tebow is terrible.

    edit:

    As for statistics that actually matter...

    QB rating: Tebow is 28th
    Completion percentage: Tebow is 34th
    Passing Yards: Tebow is 32nd
    Touchdowns: Tebow is 27th
    Isn't a football game a team effort? Regardless of their weaknesses, they've gotten further than most of the other teams.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Blue Line
    Posts
    5,703

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by Common-Tater View Post
    Isn't a football game a team effort?
    Absolutely. That's why its so irksome that people anoint Tebow as something he is not. The denver broncos won because they had a strong defense and a strong running game, not because Tim Tebow was a good quarterback.
    Look at the San Francisco 49ers, they have the same recipe. Its a common one. But for some reason, people were obsessed with Tim Tebow and they ignored what Alex Smith was doing in San Fran. Alex won more games this year, so why not talk about him?

  7. #7
    Todd Ianuzzi Guest

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Pat Robertson says that Tebow got a "raw deal" and it would serve Denver right if Manning got hurt.

    Did Jesus tell him that? Or is it his senility talking?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...ow-snub-032212

  8. Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    Pat Robertson says that Tebow got a "raw deal" and it would serve Denver right if Manning got hurt.

    Did Jesus tell him that? Or is it his senility talking?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...ow-snub-032212

    I'm guessing that of the many charities that Peyton Manning has given to and supported that Pat Robertson wasn't one of them.

    Would his statement also mean that it would serve Payton right also?
    Last edited by armyda; 03-23-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: name typo
    that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,796

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    Pat Robertson says that Tebow got a "raw deal" and it would serve Denver right if Manning got hurt.

    Did Jesus tell him that? Or is it his senility talking?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...ow-snub-032212
    It broke my heart when we lost Peyton. I also am adult enough to understand the economics behind these decisions. Whenever/wherever Peyton plays in the future, my heart will be with him (unless he is playing against our Colts). How a Christian could wish for physical harm to occur to any of our football players escapes my moral understandings (and I am an agnostic)? Pat Robertson, I have never believed in your propaganda....I believe in it far less when you make such a statement as you made today regarding Tebow and Peyton. Perhaps you need to spend a bit more time on your prayer bench....(or at least in your mirror)?
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  10. #10
    Todd Ianuzzi Guest

    Default Re: Tim Tebow throws for 3:16 yards in win!

    Quote Originally Posted by armyda View Post
    I'm guessing that of the many charities that Peyton Manning has given to and supported that Pat Robertson wasn't one of them.

    Would his statement also mean that it would serve Payton right also?
    I would guess if Pat Robertson was on his list of charitable organizations, he will soon be tossed off.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •