Thread: guns

Default guns

i have recently decided to change some of my guns, I am asking anybody that shoots what their own preference is when it comes to long guns, especially semi autos. I have several, but I think I would like to reduce the number to one. the SKS by Norinco that I own is a fun gun, but the ten round fixed clip is a little bit of drag seeing that you have to reload so often, and though I have gotten faster with the stripper clips, I am really thinking I would rather have something with high capacity clips. I have a 75 round clip for the sks, but it causes jams, and there has got to be something better. Any answers?

Torget Guest

Default Re: guns

Blue,

I understand your frustration and I wish I could be of help, but I am more partial to bolt action.

I have only been there once, but the guy at the Flint Gun Shop might be of help to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Torget View Post
    Blue,

I understand your frustration and I wish I could be of help, but I am more partial to bolt action.

I have only been there once, but the guy at the Flint Gun Shop might be of help to you.
    Jim Johnson is THE Man. Go see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Torget View Post
    Blue,

I have talked to him on numerous accounts, and he is very knowledgeable. He really couldn't help beyond his preferences, but, that is exactly what I am compiling. when i am through, i believe I will have a better picture of what I intend to end up with.

Blue,

I have a few semi-auto rifles and enjoy them all. I have an HK 91 that is a dream, but is kind of pricey to just go out and shoot with the cost of .308 ammo these days. Three of the others are a Norinco AK-47 variant, an AR-15 platform, and an MSAR STG-556. Of those the AK is the cheapest to shoot and I've never had any issues with it. The AR is my favorite because of the inexpensive ammo and accessories that are available to trick it out. The MSAR is just kind of cool, but it cost too much in my opinion unless you find a good used one like I did. They aren't making the MSAR anymore either, probably not a good thing if you need replacement parts. Hope you find what you're looking for. Happy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag522 View Post
    Blue,

I have a few semi-auto rifles and enjoy them all. I have an HK 91 that is a dream, but is kind of pricey to just go out and shoot with the cost of .308 ammo these days. Three of the others are a Norinco AK-47 variant, an AR-15 platform, and an MSAR STG-556. Of those the AK is the cheapest to shoot and I've never had any issues with it. The AR is my favorite because of the inexpensive ammo and accessories that are available to trick it out. The MSAR is just kind of cool, but it cost too much in my opinion unless you find a good used one like I did. They aren't making the MSAR anymore either, probably not a good thing if you need replacement parts. Hope you find what you're looking for. Happy shooting.
    I had, and just sold a Norinco SKS that was fun to shoot and shoot it I did. I still have quite a bit of ammo, some of it purchased after the fall of the wall, and impossible to replace today. That is my quandary. Do I go to a different platform, and have to buy all new ammo, that will not live up to the thousands of rounds I have left, or do I buy a new warsaw pact style weapon, that fires this ammo? I personally carried an M-60 for four years, and if I had all the extra dough, I would splurge. My Wife on the other hand, thinks I should go cheap, so I am leaning towards an AK-47 of some sort, even though I never have cared for them. I guess I should never have allowed the Army to cross train me with other NATO weapons. I got kinda spoiled. I considered an HK by the way, but again, pricey!