Thread: Bomb threat at WalMart - FW

Default Bomb threat at WalMart - FW

My sister-in-law works at the WalMart on Coldwater Rd in FW. She called my brother and told him that all the employees & customers had to leave the store due to a bomb threat? I haven't heard any news over TV on this yet.

Interesting....
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Default Re: Bomb threat at WalMart - FW

Ok, I have an update from my sister-in-law. They are back open. It seems the threat was a diversion. While the bomb squad and all the cops were focused at WalMart, a near by Scotts pharmacy got robbed.

Ft. Wayne Walmart receives bomb threat
    Updated: Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 11:01 AM EST
    Published : Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 10:59 AM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Staff and customers were evacuated from the Walmart store on Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne after a bomb threat was made Monday morning.

According to a Walmart employee, the threat was made by a phone call, but there are no details at this point on what exactly was said.

Police dispatch said officers were sent to the store at 5311 Coldwater Road around 10 a.m.

The Walmart employee said they have since been given the ‘all clear’ to come back inside the store.

This story will be updated as we learn more about the situation.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Default Re: Bomb threat at WalMart - FW

Just trying to imagine what kind of insane thinking must have been going on in someone's mind to wake up on Monday morning and come up with a plan like this one.

I must say that the connection between the WalMart threat and the Scott Pharmacy robbery at this time is the rumor among the workers at WalMart. I haven't been able yet to find a story in any of the FW news confirming the connection.

Burgundy your thread on recent pharmacy robberies came to mind immediately when I heard this. I do believe we need to discover a solution to making these robberies less successful. People who are capable of these kind of bold, demented actions are a risk to our pharmacist and also any customers who may be in the store.
    Hans Christian Anderson