Thread: shrubbville pop. 9000 scratch that, 8750

Default shrubbville pop. 9000 scratch that, 8750

My wife just called me, and asked if I had been down to lake lately. I said no, and she then started to tell me of all the trees that are down. Apparently the street to what used to be called the Apache gates, is bereft of trees. Imagine taking all those trees down and putting up small ornamental shrubs. When the tree in front of my fathers house was taken down, they gave me a pamphlet that showed, if I remember right, two small trees, and several shrubs to replace the grossly deformed maple. Deformed, as you can guess, by AEP. I would really like to know how we can call ourselves a tree city, and cut so many real trees down?

Default Re: shrubbville pop. 9000 scratch that, 8750

Sixteen trees by my count, in one short block. all but six of them were mature trees at least fifty years old. Why they cut down the last six, is anyones conjecture since the trunks were only about five inches in radius. how terrible to be a tree here in shrubbville.

Default Re: shrubbville pop. 9000 scratch that, 8750

Just noticed, they took down the big beautiful pine in the middle of the landscaping by the lower park, nothing wrong with the tree. Yep, shrubbville!