Thread: Colts release Peyton Manning

Default Colts release Peyton Manning

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Peyton Manning's record-breaking run as quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts ended Wednesday, when owner Jim Irsay announced the team would release its best player.

Full story:

http://www.kpcnews.com/index.php?opt...ticle&id=28743

Thoughts?

HomeyG Guest

Default Re: Colts release Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by james_t View Post
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Peyton Manning's record-breaking run as quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts ended Wednesday, when owner Jim Irsay announced the team would release its best player.

Full story:

http://www.kpcnews.com/index.php?opt...ticle&id=28743

Thoughts?
    It's only a temporary release. When he decides to retire the Colts will give him a one game contract, he will enter the game, spike the ball, and the Colts will retire his number.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    It's only a temporary release. When he decides to retire the Colts will give him a one game contract, he will enter the game, spike the ball, and the Colts will retire his number.
    that's not what he said...

A reporter asked why Peyton didn't retire as a Colt -- and Peyton replied, "I don't want to retire. I still want to play
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/07/peyton.../#.T1ejd8AfRy0
    _________________________________________________. ..............................................I do not support this ad.

HomeyG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by michael medeski View Post

That may be his sentiment now and quite frankly I see his point of view, but I also see the Colts point, is he worth $28 million as the Colts is a business and they must put sentiment aside and look at the dollars and cents. However, I am talking down the road when he is ready to accept his retirement.
    Last edited by HomeyG; 03-07-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added comment

I'm still hoping
    www.manningtomiami.com

Guess we all knew it was coming...yet...I am grieving hard. Yet...more than ever....GO COLTS!!
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

HomeyG Guest

I used to be critical of ballplayers not having any loyalty towards their home team but it seems like the reverse is in play. Looks like an owner is putting money over loyalty with its players. A peep at Jim Irsay's personal wealth of $1.4 billion tells me he could easily afford the $28 million signing bonus. If the Colts is fortunate enough to sign Andrew Luck what better teacher could he have than Peyton Manning. Instead of giving him three or four years to learn under Manning they are going to throw him in the water and let him sink or swim. Looking back at other highly touted players coming out of college, the "sink or swim" avenue had very little success.

8. Default Re: Colts release Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I hadn't considered that possibility. In the press conference Mr. Irsay said noone would be wearing number 18 for the Colts. He didn't say if that was just for this year or eternity. I would like to see him go to Kansas City. Kyle Orton would make a good back up quarterback. Another scenario I heard was the Colts could re-sign him and keep the 28 million. Some think part of the issue was the salary cap. Luck won't come cheap.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !

awww....thanks for sharing that. It is breaking my heart watching him go interview with these other teams.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson