Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

  1. #1
    Todd Ianuzzi Guest

    Default Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Do Republicans want Americans to lose jobs and for our technology to fail? Do they hate GM? (We know they hate the UAW.)

    Do they hate America but love gun racks?

    Are they capable of thinking before talking?


    http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...lt.php?ref=fpa

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,806

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    Do Republicans want Americans to lose jobs and for our technology to fail? Do they hate GM? (We know they hate the UAW.)

    Do they hate America but love gun racks?

    Are they capable of thinking before talking?


    http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...lt.php?ref=fpa

    Indeed that article makes some good points. It certainly feels that the GOP is hoping to see failure of our economic recovery simply for the purpose of getting themselves back in power. The following comment from that article is truthful:

    “When a good jobs report comes out, Mitt Romney looks sad. When Clint Eastwood makes an unapologetic, patriotic Super Bowl ad for Chrysler, Karl Rove says it makes him sick. They booed a gay soldier at a GOP debate, and didn’t even want to give the President his due for ordering the mission that killed bin Laden.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  3. #3
    Todd Ianuzzi Guest

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Indeed that article makes some good points. It certainly feels that the GOP is hoping to see failure of our economic recovery simply for the purpose of getting themselves back in power. The following comment from that article is truthful:

    “When a good jobs report comes out, Mitt Romney looks sad. When Clint Eastwood makes an unapologetic, patriotic Super Bowl ad for Chrysler, Karl Rove says it makes him sick. They booed a gay soldier at a GOP debate, and didn’t even want to give the President his due for ordering the mission that killed bin Laden.
    The intro in to the link was a little over the top, but Gingrich and his ilk have ridiculed the Volt, a highly awarded vehicle that is a rational move to combat the inexorable rise in oil prices. Gingrich use the Redneck ready smear that you can't put a gun rack on a Volt. (A Volt owner did put a gun rack on his Volt to mock Gingrich.)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    The intro in to the link was a little over the top, but Gingrich and his ilk have ridiculed the Volt, a highly awarded vehicle that is a rational move to combat the inexorable rise in oil prices. Gingrich use the Redneck ready smear that you can't put a gun rack on a Volt. (A Volt owner did put a gun rack on his Volt to mock Gingrich.)
    It really just points out that the bottom line for these rich pricks and wannabes, is profit. maybe we should label them as Ferengi, instead of conservatives?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    It really just points out that the bottom line for these rich pricks and wannabes, is profit. maybe we should label them as Ferengi, instead of conservatives?
    So, let me get this straight, liberals don't care about profits? So your business is a Not For Profit business Blue?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    So, let me get this straight, liberals don't care about profits? So your business is a Not For Profit business Blue?
    If you knew me, you wouldn't have said that. business in general is a for profit thing. The difference, is where you draw the line. I have never taken advantage of other people, have went out of my way to make sure my prices are extremely fair. I went so far as to save other communities money on clock projects. You accusing me, shows exactly what the right is all about.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    If you knew me, you wouldn't have said that. business in general is a for profit thing. The difference, is where you draw the line. I have never taken advantage of other people, have went out of my way to make sure my prices are extremely fair. I went so far as to save other communities money on clock projects. You accusing me, shows exactly what the right is all about.
    Exactly WHAT did I accuse you of and exactly WHEN did I say I was either right or left?

    You take this broad brush and paint half of the people in the country with it "It really just points out that the bottom line for these rich pricks and wannabes, is profit. maybe we should label them as Ferengi, instead of conservatives?", but when someone say's "Hey, you are a business owner too." you don't want to hear it. Do you honestly think that the only "rich pricks and wannabes" out there are conservatives? If you truly believe that Blue you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

    In business the bottom line is profit correct? That was the point I was making. It doesn't matter if your right or left, no profit, no business. Now you can quantify the amount of profit any way you want, but the facts remain the same.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    Exactly WHAT did I accuse you of and exactly WHEN did I say I was either right or left?

    You take this broad brush and paint half of the people in the country with it "It really just points out that the bottom line for these rich pricks and wannabes, is profit. maybe we should label them as Ferengi, instead of conservatives?", but when someone say's "Hey, you are a business owner too." you don't want to hear it. Do you honestly think that the only "rich pricks and wannabes" out there are conservatives? If you truly believe that Blue you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

    In business the bottom line is profit correct? That was the point I was making. It doesn't matter if your right or left, no profit, no business. Now you can quantify the amount of profit any way you want, but the facts remain the same.
    I do not run my business for profit only, if I did, I would undoubtedly be richer. Profit has never been my bottom line, just surviving with a paycheck would be nice, but even that has been difficult. I could model my self on Mr. Santorum, or Mr. Romney, but I consider them, "pricks" if you will, because they have stated over and over what their real aim is. They do not want to see diversity, they do not want to pay their fair share, they do not want to support others that they consider lazy, or beneath them. Maybe you should take a closer look, its people like these two that have allowed people like Kony to exist, nay even to flourish. they are the ones that put profit above everything. IE that is what makes them Pricks.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    I do not run my business for profit only, if I did, I would undoubtedly be richer. Profit has never been my bottom line, just surviving with a paycheck would be nice, but even that has been difficult. I could model my self on Mr. Santorum, or Mr. Romney, but I consider them, "pricks" if you will, because they have stated over and over what their real aim is. They do not want to see diversity, they do not want to pay their fair share, they do not want to support others that they consider lazy, or beneath them. Maybe you should take a closer look, its people like these two that have allowed people like Kony to exist, nay even to flourish. they are the ones that put profit above everything. IE that is what makes them Pricks.
    Blue, please point out where I said you run your business for profit only, while you're at it point out where I said your bottom line was profit. You seem to have a tendency to try to re-word things so they suit your purpose. Well, I have a hard enough time making sense of what I say to myself sometimes without someone spinning what I say so please stop doing that.
    I will stand by my statement that in business, profit is the bottom line. Without profit there is no business, unless you have external funding in which you can afford to pump into an unprofitable business.

    Additionally, there are "rich" on both sides of the aisle, politicians aren't the only ones with money either, I saw that Jim Irsay has a net worth of over 1.4 BILLION dollars. Does anyone really need to be worth a Billion Dollars? I get nauseous thinking that any 1 person is worth more than a BILLION dollars.

    As for Joseph Kony, it is borderline offensive that you would try to blame the ilks of just Santorum and Romney for this guy. He has been out there doing what he does for 26 years and neither side has made a move to stop him, they should all be ashamed of themselves.. Having said that however, my hat is completely off to President Obama for sending a group of 100 Military advisers to assist in stopping this guy. Now the world needs to step up to the plate and handle the Kony situation and we as human beings need to demand this from our leaders.
    Last edited by bigbass; 03-09-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Can't leave well enough alone.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Republican War on American Technical Innovation and Industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    Exactly WHAT did I accuse you of and exactly WHEN did I say I was either right or left?

    You take this broad brush and paint half of the people in the country with it "It really just points out that the bottom line for these rich pricks and wannabes, is profit. maybe we should label them as Ferengi, instead of conservatives?", but when someone say's "Hey, you are a business owner too." you don't want to hear it. Do you honestly think that the only "rich pricks and wannabes" out there are conservatives? If you truly believe that Blue you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

    In business the bottom line is profit correct? That was the point I was making. It doesn't matter if your right or left, no profit, no business. Now you can quantify the amount of profit any way you want, but the facts remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    Blue, please point out where I said you run your business for profit only, while you're at it point out where I said your bottom line was profit. You seem to have a tendency to try to re-word things so they suit your purpose. Well, I have a hard enough time making sense of what I say to myself sometimes without someone spinning what I say so please stop doing that.
    I will stand by my statement that in business, profit is the bottom line. Without profit there is no business, unless you have external funding in which you can afford to pump into an unprofitable business.

    Additionally, there are "rich" on both sides of the aisle, politicians aren't the only ones with money either, I saw that Jim Irsay has a net worth of over 1.4 BILLION dollars. Does anyone really need to be worth a Billion Dollars? I get nauseous thinking that any 1 person is worth more than a BILLION dollars.

    As for Joseph Kony, it is borderline offensive that you would try to blame the ilks of just Santorum and Romney for this guy. He has been out there doing what he does for 26 years and neither side has made a move to stop him, they should all be ashamed of themselves.. Having said that however, my hat is completely off to President Obama for sending a group of 100 Military advisers to assist in stopping this guy. Now the world needs to step up to the plate and handle the Kony situation and we as human beings need to demand this from our leaders.

    Do you run a business? I do, and the bottom line of my business is not profit, so its you spinning your own words, I just took what you said because you were making broad sweeps so that if I were in business, I too must have profit as a bottom line. You can stand by what you say all you want, just don't apply it to me. As for blaming Santorum and Romney for the likes of Koney, I don't really care if you think it is offensive, the fact is, these people have known all along about him and are just now starting to jump on the band wagon to look good in the press. Think what you want, i don't care.


    I too applaud President Obama for his action, I only hope he can sustain it.
    Last edited by blue adept; 03-09-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: try to make it clearer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •