Thread: George Clooney Arrested as well as other Congressmen

Default George Clooney Arrested as well as other Congressmen

George Clooney Arrested. The actor, his father and politicians were protesting the country's blockade of supplies and humanitarian aide. Clooney was reportedly handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cab.

UPDATE: NBC has confirmed more arrests. Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.), Rep. Tom Andrews (D-Mass.), Nick Clooney (the actor's father), NAACP President Ben Jealous and Martin Luther King III were also taken into custody at the scene.

hmmm....no Repulican's arrested? Maybe the list isn't complete yet?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D144074
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Default Re: George Clooney Arrested as well as other Congressmen

The list is probably just not complete, Helen.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    hmmm....no Repulican's arrested? Maybe the list isn't complete yet?
    I guess it is worth noting that last time I checked, not getting arrested was a good thing.

What changed?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on the article of the Constitution which grants a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    --James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by nathandiehl View Post
    I guess it is worth noting that last time I checked, not getting arrested was a good thing.

What changed?
    I believe if you are well dressed (note the suit & ties) and in George's case the designer labels, you get good points for these things.

Then of course if you get arrested for a good cause (in this case feeding starving people) this really brings very good karma to you. Having accomplished the aforementioned, they were all cooperative, well mannered and smiling prisoners.

When they begin to recap the happenings of 2012 on Dec 31st this year, I expect George and his Congressmen may all be recognized as being this years best model prisoners.
    Hans Christian Anderson

I believe if you are well dressed (note the suit & ties) and in George's case the designer labels, you get good points for these things.
    I guess that clears up how you feel about white-collar criminals?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on the article of the Constitution which grants a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    --James Madison

6. Default Re: George Clooney Arrested as well as other Congressmen

So... you consider white collar crime and civil disobedience the same?
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Nathan, That posting was meant in humor. My mistake if I didn't communicate this adequately.

I believe honestly, had Martin Luther King and our many previous women rights protesters had not challenged the system and experienced being both arrested and harmed physically, blacks and women would still have either 3/5 of a vote or in the case of women 0 votes.

I respect all these protesters who have given and paved the way for better equality for blacks and women. Clooney and these Congressmen are making a very noble attempt at bringing the worlds attention to the drastic suffering, starvation and slaughter of the people in the Sudan. AGAIN it seems to be oil and money at the center of these conflicts. As George said in that video, it is a complex situation. It will not be solved simply by today's arrests, however, he is making a noble effort at bringing the worlds attention to a very REAL problem where people are dealing with extreme sufferings of hunger and slaughter.

In this case, YES, I respect all who were arrested today for their standing up and speaking publically for those who are unable.

And..NO..I do not consider those arrested today to be white collar criminals.
    Hans Christian Anderson

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Nathan, That posting was meant in humor. My mistake if I didn't communicate this adequately.

I believe honestly, had Martin Luther King and our many previous women rights protesters had not challenged the system and experienced being both arrested and harmed physically, blacks and women would still have either 3/5 of a vote or in the case of women 0 votes.

I respect all these protesters who have given and paved the way for better equality for blacks and women. Clooney and these Congressmen are making a very noble attempt at bringing the worlds attention to the drastic suffering, starvation and slaughter of the people in the Sudan. AGAIN it seems to be oil and money at the center of these conflicts. As George said in that video, it is a complex situation. It will not be solved simply by today's arrests, however, he is making a noble effort at bringing the worlds attention to a very REAL problem where people are dealing with extreme sufferings of hunger and slaughter.

In this case, YES, I respect all who were arrested today for their standing up and speaking publically for those who are unable.

And..NO..I do not consider those arrested today to be white collar criminals.
    Some reasons why getting arrested in this case is a good thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-...b_1353921.html

Nathan, really, are you just kidding me? the fact they got arrested should say something about the direction our country is going. I am amazed at the sentiments!

Helen,
    I attempted humor, too. Obviously, I think I did much worse at properly communicating my humor.
    --James Madison

Helen,
    I attempted humor, too. Obviously, I think I did much worse at properly communicating my humor.
    Satire or humor is very hard to accomplish on a forum. It must have to do with the lack of facial expressions, and voice inflections.