Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Student suspended for foul tweet?

Common-Tater Guest

Default Re: Local Student suspended for foul tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by michael medeski View Post
    i have never used twitter, but because i don't believe 90%* of what you post, i decided to so a quick search on the subject......

http://support.twitter.com//forums/10711/entries/14016

here, i got that for you

try doing a search next time you want to tell someone they are wrong. follow?

* in light of recent events that number has risen.
    Yes, there are privacy settings but like facebook, you have to set them. They are not defaulted "on" when you set up an account. Most kids don't use them and that's how their tweets are seen by schools and how tweets are seen by employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Common-Tater View Post
    Yes, there are privacy settings but like facebook, you have to set them. They are not defaulted "on" when you set up an account. Most kids don't use them and that's how their tweets are seen by schools and how tweets are seen by employers.
    Social Media Statistics Per Wiki dot........

• leaving privacy settings as default ‘open’ – 41% of children aged 8-17 who had a visible profile had their profile set so that it was visible to anyone (Children, young people and online content quantitative research) and 44% of adults who had a current profile said their profile could be seen by anyone6 (this was more likely among those aged 18-24)

Most would be >50%, FOLLOW?

oh, so when you told TLC........

Wrong. You do not have the option on Twitter to allow people to follow you or deny.
    what you really wanted to say was......

your right. you do have the option, but you have to select it.
    you must have "misspoke" .
    _________________________________________________. ..............................................I do not support this ad.

Common-Tater Guest

oh, so when you told TLC........

what you really wanted to say was......

you must have "misspoke" .
    Why do you always choose to get so technical? You push this stuff to the point of bullying.

Why do you always choose to get so technical?

because i don't believe 90%* of what you post
    _________________________________________________. ..............................................I do not support this ad.

Why do you always choose to get so technical? You push this stuff to the point of bullying.
    Because he's a Troll and he's camping out waiting for you to post.

At my place of employment, as I am sure is the same for most businesses, if some one does something inappropriate on the employers computers then there are punishments. In most cases it is by termination of employment, so how would this case be any different? Isn't it the school's job to educate and prepare students to enter and know how to become productive employees/citizens? As this students mother had said he was punished once before for this type of action, in the real world how many chances do you get? I believe that the school is correct in what they are doing, espicially by making sure that this student is continuing to get his education and will graduate with a diploma. Maybe this young man will learn a lifes lesson from this and not be a statistic as an employee being terminated for something inappropiate.

My Step Grandaughter goes to Fremont school and she got suspended for 5 days for slamming the principal's office door closed.