Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    unless+ur+a+woman.jpgMy Father -in-law sent me this, hmmmm?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    can one of you new republicans please tell me why the Romneys deserve to get a $77,000.00 tax credit for their horse when most people only get a $1000.00 deduction for their children?

    6a00d8341bf82953ef017742990855970d.jpg
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  3. #3
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Obama sets up registry for campaign cash

    http://www.mediaite.com/online/getti...lieu-of-gifts/

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    can one of you new republicans please tell me why the Romneys deserve to get a $77,000.00 tax credit for their horse when most people only get a $1000.00 deduction for their children?

    6a00d8341bf82953ef017742990855970d.jpg
    Excellent question Blue. How does one get more tax credits for their horse than for a child? Our system is SO tilted to advantage the wealthy and let the middle class working people carry the financial load of our nation.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Obama sets up registry for campaign cash

    http://www.mediaite.com/online/getti...lieu-of-gifts/
    I don't see a problem with this option for a marriage registry? I've attended weddings where gift donations went to help Haiti or Adopt a Child programs. Some fortunate young couples have sufficient passions on environment, politics, and hunger in this world that they are changing their priorities from personal gifts to gifts to causes they believe in. I admit, I haven't attended a wedding where the suggested registry was to a political party, yet, it fits with the trend I am seeing in our youth. I honestly find that encouraging.

    Now, if the Occupy movement would expand their energies beyond camping and actually look into what constructive activities they could engage themselves in for our communities, I would truly adopt the smile of the Budda.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  6. #6
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Excellent question Blue. How does one get more tax credits for their horse than for a child? Our system is SO tilted to advantage the wealthy and let the middle class working people carry the financial load of our nation.
    He is only doing what is permitted by the tax laws. If we have to lay blame then we need to know when the tax law was written and by whom. Also, if the law is so egregious why wait now before bringing it to light, unless its nothing but a political ploy.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    He is only doing what is permitted by the tax laws. If we have to lay blame then we need to know when the tax law was written and by whom. Also, if the law is so egregious why wait now before bringing it to light, unless its nothing but a political ploy.
    More important than 'Blame' is 'Change' in my opinion. This is a stupid tax law that should be written OFF our tax codes.

    One nice thing about these elections is that they dredge up unfair practices such as this tax law and allow us to purge them from our books of law. Kind of similar to how our family tills the ground every year to clean the ground of unwanted weeds & plant seeds from last year before we plant the new garden.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  8. Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    I think they should eliminate all tax write offs. Of course, that would put a lot of accountants out of work.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    I think they should eliminate all tax write offs. Of course, that would put a lot of accountants out of work.
    I am with you 100% Hairy!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

    Here's another one that at least made me go Hmmmmmmm?

    Leaders of the 26 states that challenged the federal health care law in court have one luxury with the outcome -- they can do nothing.
    While the Supreme Court upheld the bulk of the Affordable Care Act, it did rein in the law's expansion of Medicaid by ruling that the federal government could not withhold Medicaid funds to those states that don't comply. The absence of any punitive measures means there is nothing to compel the governors or attorneys general to begin implementation of the law.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1zH3JHAEI

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •