Thread: Town tavern closing.......

Default Town tavern closing.......

Does anyone know how long Town Tavern will be closed since a good chunk of the southern wall fell into the abyss of the old bait shop? Looks like the ground was left unstable because the hole was not filled in after demolition. Doesn't this just put your panties in a bunch?
    "NEVER IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY HAVE SO FEW DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE." - Winston Churchill

Default Re: Town tavern closing.......

Quote Originally Posted by ARMYMPVET View Post
    Does anyone know how long Town Tavern will be closed since a good chunk of the southern wall fell into the abyss of the old bait shop? Looks like the ground was left unstable because the hole was not filled in after demolition. Doesn't this just put your panties in a bunch?
    Wow! I didn't know that the wall had fallen in, but, not surprised. I drove past there recently and thought it looked unstable the way things were. Sure hope they do reopen the Town Tavern, my husband and I stop in there on occasion when we leaving Auburn for a bite to eat.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

According to my wife, they shored up the breach, and are going to be inspected today for possible reopening by the city, and the health dept.

Doesn't this just put your panties in a bunch?

would it help straighten them by pointing out auburn has many other places to get your fix......while it gets fixed?
    _________________________________________________. ..............................................I do not support this ad.

5. Default Re: Town tavern closing.......

Quote Originally Posted by michael medeski View Post

would it help straighten them by pointing out auburn has many other places to get your fix......while it gets fixed?
    There is only one Town Tavern. Nothing else compares.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Common-Tater Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    There is only one Town Tavern. Nothing else compares.
    Did they ever reopen? Seems like a pretty amature mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Common-Tater View Post
    Did they ever reopen? Seems like a pretty amature mistake.
    I thought I saw the "Open" sign on late in the week when I drove by. The damage is pretty crazy ... of course I had to drive by and gawk!!!
    She who is called "Queen of the Fence" wishes you a pleasant day!

May the Force be with you!