Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lets be fair

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Default Re: lets be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Torget View Post
    Not that this will make a difference to any of you as your minds are already made up on the matter, but, I know of several people who scam the welfare system quite easily. They live in several hundred thousand dollar houses on the lake, drive cadillacs and hummers and receive assistance for their kids. One that I know personally works a full time job and not only claims her 2 kids, but the 2 kids that are her current boyfriends AND her sisters 2 kids as her own and brings in over 1200 dollars a month in food stamps. She proudly tells people that because of all the assistance she gets from claiming all of those kids that ARE NOT HERS, she is able to eat steaks every night of the week.

You may ask if she has been reported? She has, and the crux of it is they call her and tell her when they are coming to check on things because they have received reports about her scamming the system . So she knows exactly when to have all of these kids in the house for the visit.

So take your it's difficult to scam the system comments and shove it!!

I struggle and eat mac and cheese while this lazy scammer eats steaks and not only gets away with it, but brags about it. How exactly is that contributing to society? How is that giving a helping hand? Where is the incentive to get off assistance? It isn't, it isn't, and there is none!

Yes I know there are people who truely need it. But they have a long way to go to tighten it up.

Why are there several people who live in lake homes and drive 40-60k vehicles getting assistance? It makes me sick!!

I'm out.

Call the prosecutor. This is wrong. But I do not agree the system is easy to scam. But enjoy nursing your resentments.

Torget Guest

Like I said, it won't change any of your minds, even though I give you eye witness accounts of what I have seen you still refute it with I don't believe it. Fine, enjoy living your fake make believe mind society that you think exists. I know what goes on the real world, not just what presents itself on the other side of some desk.

Believe me, there are a lot of scammers on the system irregardless of your preconceived notions to the opposite, It is quite easy to scam the system.

Prosecutor won't touch it either and you know it. The potato isn't big enough. Not to mention they need the people on the system that they don't go after to vote them back in.

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Like I said, it won't change any of your minds, even though I give you eye witness accounts of what I have seen you still refute it with I don't believe it. Fine, enjoy living your fake make believe mind society that you think exists. I know what goes on the real world, not just what presents itself on the other side of some desk.

Believe me, there are a lot of scammers on the system irregardless of your preconceived notions to the opposite, It is quite easy to scam the system.

Prosecutor won't touch it either and you know it. The potato isn't big enough. Not to mention they need the people on the system that they don't go after to vote them back in.
    I live in the real world to. I did not say what you said was not true. But an anecdote does not prove a point. And I don't buy your claim for a minute. Indiana FSSA and its rules are rigged to deny or delay benefits in legitimate cases.

I do not believe you that the prosecutor would not take this case. Prosecutors love headlines and newspapers front page these cases. And small county prosecutors have nothing but time and resources on their hands.

But in the event you do not believe your prosecutor will not take the case, here is a link to the Indiana FSSA Fraud Hotline. The state has gone to the trouble of setting up a hotline to report fraud, to call them and do the right thing. http://www.in.gov/fssa/2385.htm

Common-Tater Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    I live in the real world to. I did not say what you said was not true. But an anecdote does not prove a point. And I don't buy your claim for a minute. Indiana FSSA and its rules are rigged to deny or delay benefits in legitimate cases.

I do not believe you that the prosecutor would not take this case. Prosecutors love headlines and newspapers front page these cases. And small county prosecutors have nothing but time and resources on their hands.

But in the event you do not believe your prosecutor will not take the case, here is a link to the Indiana FSSA Fraud Hotline. The state has gone to the trouble of setting up a hotline to report fraud, to call them and do the right thing. http://www.in.gov/fssa/2385.htm
    Come on, Todd. You know better than anyone that there are prosecutors out there who should have never been allowed to pass the bar, let alone be a prosecutor. There are also plenty of other attornies in this area who are horrible at their jobs, lazy, and unhelpful to their clients. I could tell you things I know to be true about the local prosecutors and defense attornies in this area, but I'll save James from the delight in deleting my post and lecturing me about making unsubstantiated claims about prominent public figures. I'll just say that people in Allen, DeKalb, and Steuben Counties really need to be selective in who they choose to represent them. Some, down-right stink. And the local bureaucracies around here are even worse. Many are very unskilled and untalented in their fields. I can believe that a brief investigation of the woman Torget is referring to would turn up nothing. Because they don't put any real effort into investigationg. ARe you a liear? No, I'm not a liar. Okay I believe you.

Torget Guest

Typical lawer speak. I did not say that, I just said what I said I didn't say and to prove it I'll say it again.

What is sad is that you think any of what I said is amusing.

I guess you missed the part where I said she had been turned in multiple times huh? Must have slipped by the superiority complex.

And, no, you don't live in the real world if you think that it is hard to scam the system. You need to get out more and associate with some who are not as well off and maybe your eyes will be opened.

Everything I stated about the situations I told is 100% true. If you don't believe it, then fine, I can't make you believe it. But I can tell you that you would be wrong in your belief.

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Common-Tater View Post
    Come on, Todd. You know better than anyone that there are prosecutors out there who should have never been allowed to pass the bar, let alone be a prosecutor. There are also plenty of other attornies in this area who are horrible at their jobs, lazy, and unhelpful to their clients. I could tell you things I know to be true about the local prosecutors and defense attornies in this area, but I'll save James from the delight in deleting my post and lecturing me about making unsubstantiated claims about prominent public figures. I'll just say that people in Allen, DeKalb, and Steuben Counties really need to be selective in who they choose to represent them. Some, down-right stink. And the local bureaucracies around here are even worse. Many are very unskilled and untalented in their fields. I can believe that a brief investigation of the woman Torget is referring to would turn up nothing. Because they don't put any real effort into investigationg. ARe you a liear? No, I'm not a liar. Okay I believe you.
    You have a far lower opinion of your elected officials than I hold. And I am probably the most cynical person on earth.

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Typical lawer speak. I did not say that, I just said what I said I didn't say and to prove it I'll say it again.

What is sad is that you think any of what I said is amusing.

I guess you missed the part where I said she had been turned in multiple times huh? Must have slipped by the superiority complex.

And, no, you don't live in the real world if you think that it is hard to scam the system. You need to get out more and associate with some who are not as well off and maybe your eyes will be opened.

Everything I stated about the situations I told is 100% true. If you don't believe it, then fine, I can't make you believe it. But I can tell you that you would be wrong in your belief.
    Thank you for sharing your smug attiude. One anectdote does not prove your unsourced opinion. That is debating 101 and Logic 101. But it sounds good at the Legion bar stools.

And yes, I guess I do not associate with the kind of lowlife criminals that you must know. I guess that is why I am superior, right hoss?

I tell you what, give me their name and address and data. I will call the Fraud Hotline since you don't want to.

Torget Guest

I truely feel sorry for anyone who comes to you for legal advice with the attitude you are displaying here.

Nice try with the legion comment but you just showed your true colors there. By the way, I don't drink and am not a member of any organization, but you seem to know all about them...Hmmmm...

On a final note, as I have already made the point that you have no idea who you are talking to, and you've proven that reading comprehension is not high on your list, Who are you to call anyone i associate with a criminal lowlife?

For someone who talks a good game but when actually challenged you resort to these tactics?

And you're right, I do have an attitude. I always get an attitude when someone all but calls me a liar outright then tries to hide behind word games.

At this point I don't think you even know what "anecdote" even means, because as I stated, there was nothing amusing about anything I said. I'm seriously starting to doubt that you are even a lawyer.

Two strikes now on the not being reported line being missed. Only one more to go until you're out! ( in case you need clarification, THAT would be an anecdote) Maybe what you meant to say was "hearsay" Which you would be right on that account, but it wouldn't change the facts as I stated them. It would only mean what you said you didn't say and that is you don't believe me.

Now take your condescending attitude and superiority complex and go read more case studies so you can sound like you know what you are talking about.

HomeyG Guest

At this point I don't think you even know what "anecdote" even means, because as I stated, there was nothing amusing about anything I said. I'm seriously starting to doubt that you are even a lawyer.

Torget,

Good catch. I thought I was the only one that believed that some things are not what the appeared to be or what someone wanted us to believe. Way back when he alluded that he major in finance in college but made no mention of going to law school which I thought was strange at the time. He uses a lot of legalize terms but the way he puts them together does not always make sense, not something you would expect from someone with a legal background. He may or may not be a lawyer and that makes no difference but his display of superiority, or should I say "thinking he is superior" is somewhat irritating. You have not made it to the top of his list until he tells you that you are not to respond to any of his posts.

This thread has taken a nasty turn. I don't believe anyone on here are liars. I do believe we have had different experiences with social services and welfare systems. Our opinions on these programs are so varied because of what our experience has been.

I recall a story that ran in the KPC News this past year regarding a young divorced mother in Auburn who was arrested for welfare fraud because her ex-husband was living in the home with her and her children. The article reported that he was employed. Pretty sure his income caused their combined household income to be higher than allowed for her to receive welfare. Welfare fraud is a serious crime, I would never want to be found guilty of it. Not clear on how her case worker determined that he was living there, but obviously the law was enforced in that case.

We have a neighbor in Spencerville who has become disabled and is unable to work. He has applied for his SS disability quite sometime ago. He has completed all of his paperwork and he now waits, and waits, and waits. In his case, he has only received some limited temporary assistance, food pantry food and charity from neighbors and from his church. I have driven him over to Auburn to let him talk to the SS case worker he has over there. She says it is good he hasn't been denied and that these things just take time to process. Because of us knowing him and his experience, we wish they could move his paperwork through the system a little quicker, but we realize they have the responsibility of being sure his claim is valid. So he waits....

Torget, I have no reason to doubt your experience with your neighbor at the lake. If I had a neighbor abusing the system as you describe she does, I would be angry also. Is there corruption in some of our systems? Absolutely! I've read of township trustees, welfare officials, and even judges being found guilty of exchanging tax payer welfare assistance for sexual benefits. It just doesn't get any sicker than that! Torget you mention that she receives a call prior to when a case worker is coming to the home. That indicates a problem within the system in your area to me. I do believe if she lived in my community, I would become a royal pain in the rear to my local authorities until they address this problem. Continue reporting her Torget. Report her to the Prosecutors office, the Governors office, whatever the State level for Welfare fraud may be and continue reporting at the local level also. Do it because it is the right thing to do Torget. I would hate to be standing in her shoes when she gets hit with fraud charges and financial damages that she will owe the state.

Best of luck in your efforts! I will enjoy reading about the outcome.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Common-Tater Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ianuzzi View Post
    You have a far lower opinion of your elected officials than I hold. And I am probably the most cynical person on earth.
    Didn't say they were all that way. But many only care about representing their own views, not those of voters.

12. Default Re: lets be fair

This thread is going nowhere. Unless someone can provide a direction, I'd suggest leaving it alone.

Todd Ianuzzi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post

Torget,

Good catch. I thought I was the only one that believed that some things are not what the appeared to be or what someone wanted us to believe. Way back when he alluded that he major in finance in college but made no mention of going to law school which I thought was strange at the time. He uses a lot of legalize terms but the way he puts them together does not always make sense, not something you would expect from someone with a legal background. He may or may not be a lawyer and that makes no difference but his display of superiority, or should I say "thinking he is superior" is somewhat irritating. You have not made it to the top of his list until he tells you that you are not to respond to any of his posts.
    Old man, IU, J.D> 1988 *** laude. BA. English and Economics. SJS. Healthcare law, financing and reimbursement. You lose, but that should already be apparent to you.

14. Default Re: lets be fair

Since nobody cares to have a direction other than personal comments this is now closed.