Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: republicans not the only ones in war on women

Default Re: republicans not the only ones in war on women

If I have ever learned anything over the years, one major thing that I have learned is that
    women in general are plenty strong, adaptable, and pretty capable of doing pretty much
    anything they desire to do. With that being said, I doubt that in the end any of them will
    require us men to stand up for them, they will be quite capable of taking on any foe that comes their way
    in any form. Women have and always will be quite resilliant, when they take up their causes nothing or
    anyone will stop them or quiet them until they are satisfied with the end result. So whether there is or isn't a
    war on women, I'll bet you all that they will have the final say!
    Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !

Common-Tater Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Adventure Is Too Small View Post
    If I have ever learned anything over the years, one major thing that I have learned is that
    women in general are plenty strong, adaptable, and pretty capable of doing pretty much
    anything they desire to do. With that being said, I doubt that in the end any of them will
    require us men to stand up for them, they will be quite capable of taking on any foe that comes their way
    in any form. Women have and always will be quite resilliant, when they take up their causes nothing or
    anyone will stop them or quiet them until they are satisfied with the end result. So whether there is or isn't a
    war on women, I'll bet you all that they will have the final say!
    I agree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Common-Tater View Post
    Don't twist it. The issue was not that I was on the FP at work. The concern was more about my opinions being interprited by some as representative of my employer while I was at work. Which is a good point. I'm not sure why you're chosing to go a nasty personal route on this and dredge up the past. Some people have the ability to move beyond the past without constantly dredging it back up.
    I am not twisting it. You are constantly accusing people of being lazy, yet you obviously hadn't asked your employer if you could be online while supposedly working. If I remember correctly, in the military, a security guard would be severely reprimanded if they were distracted while on duty. I am not being any nastier than you are, you just don't see it in yourself.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

The concern was more about my opinions being interprited by some as representative of my employer while I was at work. Which is a good point.
    an excellent point. who wouldn't want security guard that has contempt for poor people? it's not like they are in charge of protecting them or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    You are constantly accusing people of being lazy, yet you obviously hadn't asked your employer if you could be online while supposedly working. If I remember correctly, in the military, a security guard would be severely reprimanded if they were distracted while on duty.
    more excellent points. lets just be thankful he is not responsible for peoples lives. locked doors can't die.
    _________________________________________________. ..............................................I do not support this ad.

No, I was pointing out that drawing a conclusion based on her one personal experience was more of a judgement than an opinion. She quoted no sources in support of her statemen. I guess that means I've joined the ranks of the war on women, huh?
    Please refer to post#83 on this thread Tater, and re-read. I had 2 reference sources posted regarding this topic.

In one of those links, at the very beginning of the article you will find the following statement:

Already one in four physicians practicing in the U.S. was trained in a foreign country, the Times reports, noting that statistic includes some U.S. residents who studied overseas. And the demand for foreign physicians is expected to remain high: the Council on Physician and Nurse Supply estimates that the U.S. will face a shortage of 200,000 physicians in a decade.

Time magazine also covers the topic of the shortage of American trained Doctors in one of the April issues (I believe it's April 24). You need a subscription to read their link. If you have a subscription, you may find the article informative on this topic.
    Last edited by HoosierHelen; 04-27-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson