Thread: Auburn City Human Resources

Default Auburn City Human Resources

Since the city of Auburn has done away with the human resources department, who do employees go to if they have questions about insurance or other issues? Councilman Walter; any suggestions?
    "NEVER IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY HAVE SO FEW DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE." - Winston Churchill

Default Re: Auburn City Human Resources

The post of human resources director has been vacant for several weeks. It is the mayor's responsibility to fill the position. Until he does, employee insurance issues are being handled by the clerk-treasurer's office.
    Do not trust the experts. If you believe the doctors, nothing is healthy. If you believe the ministers, nothing is wholesome. If you believe the generals, nothing is safe.--Robert Cecil (1830-1903), Third Marquess of Salisbury

Interesting. And does the mayor plan to fill this position? Why was this position vacated in the first place. I do not recall anything being said about this.
    "NEVER IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY HAVE SO FEW DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE." - Winston Churchill

I suggest that you ask the mayor.
    Do not trust the experts. If you believe the doctors, nothing is healthy. If you believe the ministers, nothing is wholesome. If you believe the generals, nothing is safe.--Robert Cecil (1830-1903), Third Marquess of Salisbury

I asked Mayor Norman Yoder at tonight's city council meeting when he expects to fill the Human Resources vacancy. He replied that he was in -- I think he called it this -- an "evaluation mode." He said that before he decides to fill the position, he wants to determine: 1) whether the duties require a full-time person; 2) whether the responsibilities can be met using existing staff; and 3) whether a new, but part-time, individual can do the job.