Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: News Sun online ?

  1. #1

    Default News Sun online ?

    What's up with the online e-edition? This week I have had problems, today I get ISSSUU a site I have not seen and my I pad does not know. Is it me or is there a problem? Thanks

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kendallville
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftown View Post
    What's up with the online e-edition? This week I have had problems, today I get ISSSUU a site I have not seen and my I pad does not know. Is it me or is there a problem? Thanks
    The provider we were using made some changes that were causing a lot of problems for readers, so we have switched the e-edition to issuu. They should have the iPad issue resolved shortly, but if you keep having problems, please email me at jamest@kpcnews.net

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kendallville
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    I'm able to pull it up on my iPhone now.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kendallville
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Just a follow-up: Issuu is telling us there will be some lag time (like a few hours) between when the e-editions are posted and when they will be viewable on iPhone/iPad. This lag time should decrease as time goes on.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The SouthLeft Coast
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    As of now, it seems they don't let you increase the size of the paper very much, the net result being that I cannot read the online edition very easily even when it is set to the largest size possible. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer, and the problem exists on all 3 browsers. I suspect that they simply need a higher res / higher def base file. It also is a very slow browser.

    The one you had last month and before worked just fine. Then you switched to something that had acceptable performance, but was not doing a very good job with text format (for example, the bold headers in the sports box scores). Now you have something that is slow and is not doing a good job with text.

  6. #6

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Thanks James, I'm glad to know that the paper has the problem and not me being to old to operate my electronic equipment.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kendallville
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigB View Post
    As of now, it seems they don't let you increase the size of the paper very much, the net result being that I cannot read the online edition very easily even when it is set to the largest size possible. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer, and the problem exists on all 3 browsers. I suspect that they simply need a higher res / higher def base file. It also is a very slow browser.

    The one you had last month and before worked just fine. Then you switched to something that had acceptable performance, but was not doing a very good job with text format (for example, the bold headers in the sports box scores). Now you have something that is slow and is not doing a good job with text.
    We didn't make the initial switch; the provider did that for us, without warning. Unfortunately it caused a lot of problems for a lot of people, so we had to find a new provider.

    I'm not seeing the text and loading problems here, but everyone's PCs are so different it's always hard to know if someone else is having problems. Below are screen shots I took of the old and new versions zoomed in to maximum on my computer. If you're getting something that's not as satisfactory, email me a screenshot at jamest@kpcnews.net

    Picture 6.jpg

    Picture 7(2).jpg

  8. #8

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Having a problem now with reading the online pages of the News Sun. I can not get past page 6, using chrome browser it becomes unresponsive and freezes computer and I have to kill the pages this has happened on several occasions. Any ideas? I checked and other folks are having the same issue so it's not my hardware causing the problem.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kendallville
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftown View Post
    Having a problem now with reading the online pages of the News Sun. I can not get past page 6, using chrome browser it becomes unresponsive and freezes computer and I have to kill the pages this has happened on several occasions. Any ideas? I checked and other folks are having the same issue so it's not my hardware causing the problem.
    Issuu is having some problems with some of the ads. We're working on a solution for it.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The SouthLeft Coast
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Quote Originally Posted by james_t View Post
    Issuu is having some problems with some of the ads. We're working on a solution for it.
    That's good, but without knowing any of the technical details of the process, it sounds to me like it is more of an issue with Issuu. The default behavior shouldn't be to freeze and crash the browser; it should be to simply not draw the part of the page that is causing the problem (or to render it in less detailed format, if possible).

  11. #11

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    5-20-2012 Could read 12 pages of 32 pages before it crashed, me thinks they have not fixed the problem. Would be nice as a paying customer to be able to read the whole paper I pay to read online.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The SouthLeft Coast
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftown View Post
    5-20-2012 Could read 12 pages of 32 pages before it crashed, me thinks they have not fixed the problem. Would be nice as a paying customer to be able to read the whole paper I pay to read online.
    I had the same Issuu.

  13. #13

    Default Re: News Sun online ?

    I am glad to read that some one besides me had the same problem. I was beginning to think I was paper reading challenged, or maybe gone senile.....if this continues I until renewal time I will have to think about renewal at that time. I hope Issuu get it fixed or the News Sun gets another company to do the online paper for them...getting down from the soap box now....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •