Thread: Angola Motor Speedway Goes To Auction May 15th

Default Angola Motor Speedway Goes To Auction May 15th

Angola Motor Speedway will be going to auction Tuesday May 15th at 6pm. Hopefully someone will buy it and do good with it.

Default Re: Angola Motor Speedway Goes To Auction May 15th

Coming up on May 15th the Auction at Angola Motor Speedway at 6pm. Here's what I have been hearing that should take place. The Steuben County 4-H Park should buy the property and relocate to there and lease the race track to someone. Then they could sell the property where they are now located near the interstate. Then maybe the person leasing the track and the 4-H Park people could work together to to utilize the track during the week of the 4-H fair. The track has a very nice concession building and has nice restrooms. The parking lot could be used during fair week. The seating could be used for their Rodeo and truck pulls or any other function they have at the fair.
    Last edited by RaceFan; 04-30-2012 at 07:27 PM.

I can't believe no one has an opinion on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    I can't believe no one has an opinion on this subject.
    I don't believe that you would ever get the ones in power to move the 4-h park that far from Angola.
    Just my thoughts!
    Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !

Quote Originally Posted by No Adventure Is Too Small View Post
    I don't believe that you would ever get the ones in power to move the 4-h park that far from Angola.
    Just my thoughts!
    Maybe you are right, but it's only approx 8-miles. The distance would be the only setback because everything else seems to fit with what they would need. There's plenty of room to the East of the parking lot to build building's.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceFan View Post
    Maybe you are right, but it's only approx 8-miles. The distance would be the only setback because everything else seems to fit with what they would need. There's plenty of room to the East of the parking lot to build building's.
    I agree 100% it would be perfect site wise, another plus would be that if you read the politicians
    latest views on the current location of the park, the majority that are running for county office
    want to level the current facility. The speedway area is already level except for the banked track.
    There are some very strong pluses for having the 4-H park at the speedway. Plus the county could most likely
    rent out the current park to campers by expanding camping, and most likely not even have to level it.
    Unfortunately I just have to guess that the complaints would be distance from center of county.
    I do believe that you have a very good workable idea potentially, it just amounts to who else sees the potential!
    Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !

Quote Originally Posted by No Adventure Is Too Small View Post
    I agree 100% it would be perfect site wise, another plus would be that if you read the politicians
    latest views on the current location of the park, the majority that are running for county office
    want to level the current facility. The speedway area is already level except for the banked track.
    There are some very strong pluses for having the 4-H park at the speedway. Plus the county could most likely
    rent out the current park to campers by expanding camping, and most likely not even have to level it.
    Unfortunately I just have to guess that the complaints would be distance from center of county.
    I do believe that you have a very good workable idea potentially, it just amounts to who else sees the potential!
    Lets just say that they did buy it, I'd still like to see the speedway operate as a speedway with races every Saturday night. They could lease it out to a race promoter, like Craig Everage.

Race cars will be hot lapping from 5pm-6pm on May 15th. It's FREE come on out.

Is there any updates on AMS ?