Thread: E.N. technology fees

Loco E.N. technology fees

http://www.kpcnews.com/index.php?opt...ticle&id=32729

I can't help but question the prudence of creating another $13 expense
    that you expect parents to pay, on top of the $45 that they already couldn't
    pay to begin with! That amounts to an additional cost of 28.888% mark up
    and now they are going to give the parents additional time to pay. Wouldn't it
    have been wiser to negotiate with the parents prior to filing the lawsuit, subsequently
    dropping it and creating the additional expense of $13 per child? Is this proper
    stewardship of school funding?
    Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !

Default Re: E.N. technology fees

Quote Originally Posted by No Adventure Is Too Small View Post
    http://www.kpcnews.com/index.php?opt...ticle&id=32729

I can't help but question the prudence of creating another $13 expense
    that you expect parents to pay, on top of the $45 that they already couldn't
    pay to begin with! That amounts to an additional cost of 28.888% mark up
    and now they are going to give the parents additional time to pay. Wouldn't it
    have been wiser to negotiate with the parents prior to filing the lawsuit, subsequently
    dropping it and creating the additional expense of $13 per child? Is this proper
    stewardship of school funding?
    For those parents who are unable to pay these additional charges, is it not possible to address this problem the same way they handle the free lunch program?

If any of these parents are unwilling, yet capable.... of paying for their children to have access to their public school computer education, I suggest they hang their heads in shame. They are failing to provide their children with basic skills necessary to survive in their children's generation. The world your children are living in does not resemble the world you were raised in (if you were raised without a home computer).

It does sound to me like Superintendent Ann Linson has acknowledged she made an error in judgment. “It certainly wasn’t the best choice,” Linson said Tuesday. “Sometimes you learn your lesson the hard way.”
    It is refreshing to know she acknowledged her error and owned it. I do not know her, however, my best guess is she won't ever make this type of error again.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Default Re: E.N. technology fees

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    It does sound to me like Superintendent Ann Linson has acknowledged she made an error in judgment. “It certainly wasn’t the best choice,” Linson said Tuesday. “Sometimes you learn your lesson the hard way.”
    It is refreshing to know she acknowledged her error and owned it. I do not know her, however, my best guess is she won't ever make this type of error again.
    While it is admirable that someone that made the decision owned up to their mistake.
    That in itself is rare anymore. It doesn't change the fact that there is now additional
    expense for the ones already struggling. Your idea of handling it similar to school lunches
    would very probably been less expensive overall than the court fees, but I guess we will
    never know since that path was not the one taken.
    Open your eyes...............
    Don't go another day through life blindly
    !