Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: cops still out of control

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default cops still out of control

    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Geez! not even a [she deserved it rotten drug addled kid] piece? A twenty year old girl brain-dead because of a misdemeaner, and no-one cares.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Geez! not even a [she deserved it rotten drug addled kid] piece? A twenty year old girl brain-dead because of a misdemeaner, and no-one cares.
    This is hard to comprehend. WHY did that cop feel it necessary to taze her when she was within arms length and already cuffed? Tazers are a good alternative to guns in many cases, yet, I don't believe they were intended to be used in a case like this. What a waste of a young life!
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Cops just like killing people that run.


    http://hiphopwired.com/2011/07/18/sa...er-2-bus-fare/
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  5. Default Re: cops still out of control

    He could have tackled her, taking her to the ground with his much greater weight driving her into the pavement. Then not only would he have had brutality but sexual assault claims.

    You are right, this is a terrible price to pay for a misdemeanor charge, but it didn't happen because of the charge and arrest. It happened because of her fleeing. I don't see any brutality or any cop out of control.
    that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by armyda View Post
    He could have tackled her, taking her to the ground with his much greater weight driving her into the pavement. Then not only would he have had brutality but sexual assault claims.

    You are right, this is a terrible price to pay for a misdemeanor charge, but it didn't happen because of the charge and arrest. It happened because of her fleeing. I don't see any brutality or any cop out of control.
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason it happens!

    I wonder army, would you feel the same if it was your teenage daughter?
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  7. #7
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason it happens!

    I wonder army, would you feel the same if it was your teenage daughter?
    If she didn't attempt to escape this would be a non-story. She has to bear some of the responsibility by being defiant of authority, insubordinate, and lacking of respect for not only others, but herself. As an explanation, but not a defense, reading about her mother it seems to be a learned environment. As far as the comment about how Army would feel if it was his daughter, most of us have taught our children that there is a time and place to be rebellious and fleeing from the police is not one of them.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    If she didn't attempt to escape this would be a non-story. She has to bear some of the responsibility by being defiant of authority, insubordinate, and lacking of respect for not only others, but herself. As an explanation, but not a defense, reading about her mother it seems to be a learned environment. As far as the comment about how Army would feel if it was his daughter, most of us have taught our children that there is a time and place to be rebellious and fleeing from the police is not one of them.
    How many times have I had to listen to someone tell me that it is all these kids fault. These kids have been brought up to fear the police not respect them, and the fear is well deserved. I thought about army's idea that the cop might have been sued, or charged with sexual misconduct, and that my friends is a lot of F%^$#@* .....B%^^*(&^. I know of no-one that would convict a cop for grabbing a person fleeing arrest. I am also personally tired of them acting like they fear the community that they work for. If they are that afraid, they are in the wrong line of work. You say she is to bear some of the responsibility for this for trying to escape, I would say she bore all of the consequences for the misdemeaner, and then some, how about the cop bearing some for poor judgement? Oh no, you would say, he cannot bear any responsibility for doing his job. I say his job is to protect the public, not to kill them. I say he could have reached out and grabbed her, and there would be no story. I say this cop has found an easy way to take people out and get his jollies. i say when the girl said she couldn't get up or move he should have immediately got help, not hold a gun against a little 90 pound girl, some man he is. As far as Homey implying that he and others [implying I haven't] have taught their children about a time and place to be rebellious, I say your time will come as the cops are finding it easier and easier to taze at will, shoot at will, chase at will, maim at will, and of course kill at will, and then blame it all on the citizen. If me all you want Homey, the fact is kids do stupid things, and some don't grow up until they are a lot older, and make a lot of mistakes. And as a last stab, who gives these police their authority, if it isn't the citizens? Why is it that after all the wrongful deaths, and shootings, and tazings, and setups that are shown on cameras, why is it that you still don't want to look into cops out of control? What will it take? and will it be too late?
    Last edited by blue adept; 07-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Steuben (State of Indiana) County
    Posts
    1,273

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    As for being tazed from what I have learned of its ill effects anyone in the situation of but with an known heart condition maybe ought to not even think twice of going directly into hands-up mode because they may learn getting tazed could have the same side effect as having taken bad medicine,that is if they get the chance of having learned it,as in not end up dead over it...and likewise if there's the truth in it that being tazed could cause cardiac arrest it would seem quite considerate if the chance was there by Law Enforcement to not taze the elderly,and again if the not to taze chance is there.

    PS:My hands are up...

  10. Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason it happens!

    I wonder army, would you feel the same if it was your teenage daughter?
    Pain, anger and frustration. I do hope that I would be able to have some objectivity in my reaction. However that is an answer I don't know. Is that a fair enough answer?

    I would imagine the officer in this will be questioning his actions in the future. What happened here will affect how he reacts in other situations.

    As for reacting with Police: I have been pulled over a few times in my life. When that happens I open my glove box, place my hands on top of the wheel in plain sight and if it is night, turn on the interior car lights. I've done that since I was 16, a very long time ago. It lets that officer see there is no immediate threat from me and generally affects how the officer approaches me.
    that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by armyda View Post
    Pain, anger and frustration. I do hope that I would be able to have some objectivity in my reaction. However that is an answer I don't know. Is that a fair enough answer?

    I would imagine the officer in this will be questioning his actions in the future. What happened here will affect how he reacts in other situations.

    As for reacting with Police: I have been pulled over a few times in my life. When that happens I open my glove box, place my hands on top of the wheel in plain sight and if it is night, turn on the interior car lights. I've done that since I was 16, a very long time ago. It lets that officer see there is no immediate threat from me and generally affects how the officer approaches me.
    Fair enough answer, My reason for this is the complacent nature of our society in letting the authority get away with behavior that is unreasonable. I understand why you put your hand on the wheel, and have tried to instill in my own children the need for calm behavior around police, That is not to say they have the same respect for them that I once had, The kids of today are bombarded by the results of poor reaction on the part of police, and I find it to be the cause of some of the stupid things teens and twenties do.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,382

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    I thought the whole point of Tasers was that they were to be used as non-lethal alternatives to guns?

    In other words, if the cops pull out and use a Taser, it would have been in the same situation that he would have pulled out a gun, previously.

    Are cops allowed to use guns on fleeing suspects if those suspects aren't an immediate danger to others, or aren't wanted for violent crimes?

    Instead, cops seem to think of the units as crowd-control or punishment devices.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    My take on tasers being added to our LE toolbox was to prevent gunshot wounds, yet still disable the subject until he/she could be disabled and captured. IF the LE would not find it necessary to draw a gun & shoot, I do not believe they should be drawing a taser. In this video, this cop was overweight and appeared to make the choice to taser rather than use physical force to subdue her escape. The word 'lazy cop' came to my mind when I watched the video.

    YES..Homey is right...she should not have ran from custody. Darn sure know that I would not have ran in that situation. YET...it does appear that all of us are not wired the same way. I have a sister-in-law that will not drive a car because it makes her too nervous and she has frozen at red light intersections in FW. She is otherwise a law abiding and good citizen. I can't get my mind around the thoughts that would cause me to not drive....yet...there are apparently those who just find it too stressful? BTW...my sister-in-law does not drink...that was never a part of her anxiety. There is probably a name for this anxiety...I just don't know it?
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    I thought the whole point of Tasers was that they were to be used as non-lethal alternatives to guns?

    In other words, if the cops pull out and use a Taser, it would have been in the same situation that he would have pulled out a gun, previously.

    Are cops allowed to use guns on fleeing suspects if those suspects aren't an immediate danger to others, or aren't wanted for violent crimes?

    Instead, cops seem to think of the units as crowd-control or punishment devices.
    Welcome back to insanity Evil!!!!!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,382

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Welcome back to insanity Evil!!!!!
    It sounds like I've missed some drama here.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Sounds like instead of waiting to see who it was this citizen should have opened fire like the cop did.


    http://news.yahoo.com/video/deputies...163819466.html
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Yeah, protect and serve my butt!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsBtEo9K8Q
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Can anybody defend these criminal cops?


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Steuben (State of Indiana) County
    Posts
    1,273

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    Instead, cops seem to think of the units as crowd-control or punishment devices.
    Kind of nicked a nerve there EK on crowd control. It got quite rugged there on Occupy Wall Street stand off last year around the nation,some having even broke into government buildings in the West. We never did have an threat of an Occupy Angola did we,at least I never heard one.

    Nerve nicked was from my basic training of it (not in Boot) in the Marine Corps we locked arms to push the crowd back,to the right or to the left. But if that chain of locked arms was broken and that before tazers had been invented it then went into plan B

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436

    Default Re: cops still out of control

    Government: A DISEASE posing as it's own cure, which never happens, while also posing as the cure for everyone else's troubles.....but that never works out either, or gets even worse.
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •