Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: lets get real

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default lets get real

    Okay, there are those of you out there that continue to say that president Obama just has to go, and I will admit, he did not get much accomplished. Since I have admitted this, lets get real. The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are still in effect, regulations on polluting and other things have been gutted, and I ask, where are the jobs? You people that have hounded Obama for his policies, and have continued to protect the 1% ers, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Do you not want to tax the very rich at all? Do you think, [as I am sure the rich do] that they are gods that are owed the right to keep all their money? Are you truly wanting the rest of us to provide all the money so that they can keep their income that they didn't lift a finger to earn? Again I say where are the jobs? If keeping the 1%ers tax rate so low is truly what makes jobs, where are they?Please comment, as I am truly interested in this failed system where the rich get to keep all but 10% and the rest of us pay 35%.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  2. #2
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Okay, there are those of you out there that continue to say that president Obama just has to go, and I will admit, he did not get much accomplished. Since I have admitted this, lets get real. The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are still in effect, regulations on polluting and other things have been gutted, and I ask, where are the jobs? You people that have hounded Obama for his policies, and have continued to protect the 1% ers, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Do you not want to tax the very rich at all? Do you think, [as I am sure the rich do] that they are gods that are owed the right to keep all their money? Are you truly wanting the rest of us to provide all the money so that they can keep their income that they didn't lift a finger to earn? Again I say where are the jobs? If keeping the 1%ers tax rate so low is truly what makes jobs, where are they?Please comment, as I am truly interested in this failed system where the rich get to keep all but 10% and the rest of us pay 35%.
    Do you actually pay 35 percent of your income to taxes or are you in the 35% tax bracket, there is a difference you know?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: lets get real

    I think they're both playing hot-potato with a job neither one of them want. Their voting and legislation records reveal many more similarities than differences. As far as I can tell, their only substantive difference is in the hair care products they use.
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,806

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Okay, there are those of you out there that continue to say that president Obama just has to go, and I will admit, he did not get much accomplished. Since I have admitted this, lets get real. The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are still in effect, regulations on polluting and other things have been gutted, and I ask, where are the jobs? You people that have hounded Obama for his policies, and have continued to protect the 1% ers, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Do you not want to tax the very rich at all? Do you think, [as I am sure the rich do] that they are gods that are owed the right to keep all their money? Are you truly wanting the rest of us to provide all the money so that they can keep their income that they didn't lift a finger to earn? Again I say where are the jobs? If keeping the 1%ers tax rate so low is truly what makes jobs, where are they?Please comment, as I am truly interested in this failed system where the rich get to keep all but 10% and the rest of us pay 35%.
    Your question is most appropriate, Blue. Where are the jobs? Many have been shipped off shore to India, China, etc. There are also a considerable number of professional jobs going to imported foreigners under our very lax H1-B program. Trying to nail down the exact numbers on these lost jobs to foreign workers is about as hard as nailing Romney down on the truth about what he stands for. Tax breaks to the wealthy obviously exists over our average American workers. It is like listening to an old broken record that just won't skip to the next track. 'We are the job providers...we deserve these tax breaks.' Bull! US Tax breaks should be given based on how many citizens an American company is employing. It does seem the convenient 'get around' of these rules are as long as you don't bring your profits back into the US, keep your money in off shore accounts and it is all yours. This all seems to work in reverse of the best interest of our nation and our people.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Do you actually pay 35 percent of your income to taxes or are you in the 35% tax bracket, there is a difference you know?
    There's the Homey we've come to love, change the question. If you ask my accountant what percentage I pay, she would probably give you a higher number because she would figure in all taxes. But that is not the question is it Homey? The real question is, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Your parties low tax for investors is still in place, and they want to blame liberals. I say bull! The most job growth throughout U.S. history was a period that investments paid the highest taxes. This is a fact! look it up. Now again, why support someone touting the same old tired slogan lower taxes for job growth? Please answer the %^&&**(()) QUESTION!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: lets get real

    Everyone goes on about how Obama has added 6 trillion to the national debt. Well why do you think he has done so. To save what little was left of our economy after 8 years of Bush had gutted it. If Obama had not saved the auto industry, infused money into the economy after the total collapse of it where would be be? Had Obama done as Bush did we would wish we were Greece right now. Yes he added to the debt but only to save us from the under regulated Free enterprise that Republicans tout as such a wonderful thing. Letting private business run things as they wish is what got us in this trouble to begin with. Why do republicans insist that that is the only way for us to improve our economy. It won't do it, not for middle class and lower families and that my friend is the rub, The Republican party does not give a **** about the 98%'ers They care only for Rich and corporations and for all those that are going to jump on that statement. PROVE me wrong. Show me one piece of legislation, one platform from the Romney campaign that shows otherwise. You can't do it. First of all because Romney's campaign changes depending on what time of day it is. Second because that piece of legislation does not exist.
    Mitch McConnell: “The President’s more than willing to negotiate with Iranians, I don’t know why he wouldn’t be willing to negotiate with us.”

    Jon Stewart: “If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hard-lined, unreasonable totalitarian mullahs in the world, but not the Republicans, maybe he’s not the problem.”

  7. #7
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    There's the Homey we've come to love, change the question. If you ask my accountant what percentage I pay, she would probably give you a higher number because she would figure in all taxes. But that is not the question is it Homey? The real question is, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? Your parties low tax for investors is still in place, and they want to blame liberals. I say bull! The most job growth throughout U.S. history was a period that investments paid the highest taxes. This is a fact! look it up. Now again, why support someone touting the same old tired slogan lower taxes for job growth? Please answer the %^&&**(()) QUESTION!
    The reason I asked because if you are paying 35% of your income toward federal taxes you are part of the 1% so how many jobs have you created?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,371

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    The reason I asked because if you are paying 35% of your income toward federal taxes you are part of the 1% so how many jobs have you created?
    Homey, the 1% AREN'T paying their 35%. THAT'S the problem.

    Sure 35% is the cap, but they have all those tax loopholes that keep them well under.

    The paltry two years of tax records that Romney released showed he paid only 13 and 14%. Less than HALF of the cap.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,371

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by sturmtiger View Post
    Everyone goes on about how Obama has added 6 trillion to the national debt. Well why do you think he has done so. To save what little was left of our economy after 8 years of Bush had gutted it. If Obama had not saved the auto industry, infused money into the economy after the total collapse of it where would be be? Had Obama done as Bush did we would wish we were Greece right now. Yes he added to the debt but only to save us from the under regulated Free enterprise that Republicans tout as such a wonderful thing. Letting private business run things as they wish is what got us in this trouble to begin with. Why do republicans insist that that is the only way for us to improve our economy. It won't do it, not for middle class and lower families and that my friend is the rub, The Republican party does not give a **** about the 98%'ers They care only for Rich and corporations and for all those that are going to jump on that statement. PROVE me wrong. Show me one piece of legislation, one platform from the Romney campaign that shows otherwise. You can't do it. First of all because Romney's campaign changes depending on what time of day it is. Second because that piece of legislation does not exist.
    And don't forget that the Bush Administration somehow kept the two wars off the "official" books, thus artificially keeping their deficit numbers lower than they should have been, while the Obama Administration started accounting for that debt in its numbers.

    I wish I could do that with my personal accounting. Hell, I'd be a millionaire by now if I could pick and choose what debts I have are considered part of my budget.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: lets get real

    Mitt will carry this part of the stupid *** world, but he'll still lose... Jack with the Liberty people again, and you'll get Hillary in 2016.
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    The reason I asked because if you are paying 35% of your income toward federal taxes you are part of the 1% so how many jobs have you created?
    HAH! one of the 1%? Talk to my accountant. What the right doesn't get, and will never let the ignorant understand is, congress is broken, and the right broke it! Your real GOD rush limbaugh gave you all the way to do it, and then you blame Obama for not being able to accomplish anything. The worst is, the whole time the right is running around going NAH NAH NAH NAH! so that nobody can hear the truth. The thing That really gets me Homey, is that you never gave him a chance, Hmmmmmmm? What happened to our commander in chief? You were in the military right?
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  12. #12
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    HAH! one of the 1%? Talk to my accountant. What the right doesn't get, and will never let the ignorant understand is, congress is broken, and the right broke it! Your real GOD rush limbaugh gave you all the way to do it, and then you blame Obama for not being able to accomplish anything. The worst is, the whole time the right is running around going NAH NAH NAH NAH! so that nobody can hear the truth. The thing That really gets me Homey, is that you never gave him a chance, Hmmmmmmm? What happened to our commander in chief? You were in the military right?
    You are the one that said you paid 35% in taxes, not me. In order to achieve the 35% tax level you have to make over 2 million bucks. Even President Obama didn't achieve the 35% effective tax rate on his adjusted income of $790,000. His effective tax rate was little bit over 20%. What I don't understand why you have a problem with Romney or anyone else that makes a lot of money. They are only doing what they are legally permitted to do. Your complaints should be with those who writes the tax laws and don't go blaming the Republicans only, the Democrats are just as complicit.

    What do you mean I never gave him a chance. If I were to type everything that he screwed up I would have a severe case of carpel tunnel in the fingers. All of you say he bailed out the auto industry which is a bunch of hogwash. All he bailed out was the GM and Chrysler's union workers. Both GM and Chrysler would have survived under normal bankruptcy procedures without an influx of tax money just as many other companies that fell prayed to the economy and bad management. Are you not even suspicious that GM is paying 47500 UAW auto workers over $332 million in bonuses while we taxpayers are still on the hook for 23.6 billion bucks.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    You are the one that said you paid 35% in taxes, not me. In order to achieve the 35% tax level you have to make over 2 million bucks. Even President Obama didn't achieve the 35% effective tax rate on his adjusted income of $790,000. His effective tax rate was little bit over 20%. What I don't understand why you have a problem with Romney or anyone else that makes a lot of money. They are only doing what they are legally permitted to do. Your complaints should be with those who writes the tax laws and don't go blaming the Republicans only, the Democrats are just as complicit.

    What do you mean I never gave him a chance. If I were to type everything that he screwed up I would have a severe case of carpel tunnel in the fingers. All of you say he bailed out the auto industry which is a bunch of hogwash. All he bailed out was the GM and Chrysler's union workers. Both GM and Chrysler would have survived under normal bankruptcy procedures without an influx of tax money just as many other companies that fell prayed to the economy and bad management. Are you not even suspicious that GM is paying 47500 UAW auto workers over $332 million in bonuses while we taxpayers are still on the hook for 23.6 billion bucks.
    Not so, you obviously don't understand the numbers as much as you claim. the numbers I was using are clear to any one that looks. Sure, if you claim $70,000 for a horse deduction you may be able to bring it down, but the real deal is most pay more than Romney in taxes. Legal has nothing to do with it as they are not subjected to legal, and if you say that they do, you are deluded.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  14. #14
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Not so, you obviously don't understand the numbers as much as you claim. the numbers I was using are clear to any one that looks. Sure, if you claim $70,000 for a horse deduction you may be able to bring it down, but the real deal is most pay more than Romney in taxes. Legal has nothing to do with it as they are not subjected to legal, and if you say that they do, you are deluded.
    Did you or did you not say in post #1 that "the rest of us pay 35%". 47% of taxpayers do not pay taxes so how can you say that most pay more than Romney in taxes? Do you honestly expect me to believe that Romney is not subject to the legality of paying taxes? If he did something illegal you and the Democrats would be all over it. Speaking of not understanding numbers, I don't think you understand the difference between effective tax rate and tax brackets.

  15. Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    You are the one that said you paid 35% in taxes, not me. In order to achieve the 35% tax level you have to make over 2 million bucks. Even President Obama didn't achieve the 35% effective tax rate on his adjusted income of $790,000. His effective tax rate was little bit over 20%. What I don't understand why you have a problem with Romney or anyone else that makes a lot of money. They are only doing what they are legally permitted to do. Your complaints should be with those who writes the tax laws and don't go blaming the Republicans only, the Democrats are just as complicit.

    What do you mean I never gave him a chance. If I were to type everything that he screwed up I would have a severe case of carpel tunnel in the fingers. All of you say he bailed out the auto industry which is a bunch of hogwash. All he bailed out was the GM and Chrysler's union workers. Both GM and Chrysler would have survived under normal bankruptcy procedures without an influx of tax money just as many other companies that fell prayed to the economy and bad management. Are you not even suspicious that GM is paying 47500 UAW auto workers over $332 million in bonuses while we taxpayers are still on the hook for 23.6 billion bucks.
    "If" your numbers are accurate and not just more "Rush facts", that's less than $7,000 each to people who will put the money into the U.S. economy and not the Cayman Islands. I can't help laughing at someone who begrudges working people getting a little money when executives get millions in "Golden Parachute" compensation when they run a company into the ground. GM paid the government back with interest, so the "bailout" actually made the government money.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,371

    Default Re: lets get real

    "Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

    ― John Steinbeck


    There is no greater fantasy than the one enjoyed by supporters of the rich who think the system is equitable enough that one day they will get their turn at the top.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  17. #17
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    "If" your numbers are accurate and not just more "Rush facts", that's less than $7,000 each to people who will put the money into the U.S. economy and not the Cayman Islands. I can't help laughing at someone who begrudges working people getting a little money when executives get millions in "Golden Parachute" compensation when they run a company into the ground. GM paid the government back with interest, so the "bailout" actually made the government money.
    The government still has money invested in GM so let's get the government paid back, get the government out of GM, then they can do whatever with their profit.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Did you or did you not say in post #1 that "the rest of us pay 35%". 47% of taxpayers do not pay taxes so how can you say that most pay more than Romney in taxes? Do you honestly expect me to believe that Romney is not subject to the legality of paying taxes? If he did something illegal you and the Democrats would be all over it. Speaking of not understanding numbers, I don't think you understand the difference between effective tax rate and tax brackets.
    So your buying the 47% number eh? I suppose the 47% don't pay property tax, or social security tax, or unemployment tax, or, oh never mind Homey, I give up!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  19. #19
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    So your buying the 47% number eh? I suppose the 47% don't pay property tax, or social security tax, or unemployment tax, or, oh never mind Homey, I give up!
    I believe the whole discussion was based on paying federal income tax, so yes, I'll buy that 47% figure. If we are going to discuss total taxes paid then that would put Romney paying taxes in excess of 50% not the 13 or 14%.

  20. Default Re: lets get real

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    The government still has money invested in GM so let's get the government paid back, get the government out of GM, then they can do whatever with their profit.
    And they are collecting dividends off the investment. Gee, running government like a business, return on investment, what a concept.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •