Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: secularism sounds good!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default secularism sounds good!

    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,306

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Yeah, I've seen this before and he's so depressingly correct that no Christian would dare take the two minutes it would take to watch this enlightenment.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Unfreakingly unbelievable!!

    Both 1 and especially 2

    http://www.upworthy.com/down-ballot-...ape-guy?c=upw1
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    I find it ironic that our science boards and education boards are filled with such scientifically challenged people. You religious righters out there must be having a rigid cellulose time of it!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    I just had Colbert explain it all to me, apparently reality is by majority vote. Therefore if enough school board members say it is so, it is. How easy, and why do we need scientists?
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    I have noticed that none of you are quick to support the nonsensical positions on teaching creationism, I wonder, is it because keeping your heads in the sand is easier? After all, evolution has actual scientific principles that apply, and actual proofs that can be seen, and repeatable data that can observed, but I know, it's easier to ignore rational thought, and blindly follow the nitwits leading those of you that think we walked with dinosaurs. I believe students in Indiana are going to be taking a big hit, and our science programs will go the way of the dodo.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  8. #8
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    I have noticed that none of you are quick to support the nonsensical positions on teaching creationism, I wonder, is it because keeping your heads in the sand is easier? After all, evolution has actual scientific principles that apply, and actual proofs that can be seen, and repeatable data that can observed, but I know, it's easier to ignore rational thought, and blindly follow the nitwits leading those of you that think we walked with dinosaurs. I believe students in Indiana are going to be taking a big hit, and our science programs will go the way of the dodo.
    Naw Blue,

    Just tired of the same old arguments. Besides, it's a moot point, you are not going to change your mind and I am not going to change mine.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    I have noticed that none of you are quick to support the nonsensical positions on teaching creationism, I wonder, is it because keeping your heads in the sand is easier? After all, evolution has actual scientific principles that apply, and actual proofs that can be seen, and repeatable data that can observed, but I know, it's easier to ignore rational thought, and blindly follow the nitwits leading those of you that think we walked with dinosaurs. I believe students in Indiana are going to be taking a big hit, and our science programs will go the way of the dodo.
    Blue,

    Have you ever heard the old saying "You draw more flies with honey than vinegar"? Perhaps opening by stating that peoples beliefs are "nonsensical" or they are hiding their "heads in the sand" or that they are "ignoring rational thought" or blindly following "nitwits" is a little bitter to some. It may also be that they just don't want to get into a flame war with you and a couple of other regular posters on here who pretty much own the Fence Post now, why do you need to go trolling for new blood?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass View Post
    Blue,

    Have you ever heard the old saying "You draw more flies with honey than vinegar"? Perhaps opening by stating that peoples beliefs are "nonsensical" or they are hiding their "heads in the sand" or that they are "ignoring rational thought" or blindly following "nitwits" is a little bitter to some. It may also be that they just don't want to get into a flame war with you and a couple of other regular posters on here who pretty much own the Fence Post now, why do you need to go trolling for new blood?
    I had a private that was on my team once, and I couldn't convince him of the truth either, I tried and tried using tact, it didn't work, all he did was come up with answers that had no merit, or substance, finally I tried direct slap him in the face facts, and after his world went to ****, and he was headed in a direction I couldn't save him from he told me that I should have tried that method the first time around. I know i will never convince some of you people, but if I get even one of you to look at the truth, it will be worth it. What you all fail to realize, is that you are forcing you religious beliefs on my children and grandchildren. I know you will say I am forcing my opinion on yours, but that is not true, you may teach them anything you want, just don't include my progeny. Besides the creation, intelligent design shtick is just that, and you will find absolutely no credible scientist to refute it. How many times must you be told the sky is blue? I am sure Galileo was told to stop rocking the boat also, and his Romney, Ryan told him they knew best.




    One last thing, you accuse me and others of "owning" the fence post, I like that, instead of using true argument, or facts [which the creationist side doesn't have] or reality, you accuse us of something it isn't possible for us to do, own some others property. Exactly the problem!
    Last edited by blue adept; 10-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Naw Blue,

    Just tired of the same old arguments. Besides, it's a moot point, you are not going to change your mind and I am not going to change mine.
    Yeah, I figured, I have the same trouble trying to tell some people that you can't over-wind a wristwatch, or that it is not possible to be allergic to gold, or silver, or that you do not have enough magnetism in your body to stop a watch, and I fail to convince them too. The question of course, is who is correct, and who is being fooled, I can prove my points using science, prove yours the same way!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  12. #12
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Yeah, I figured, I have the same trouble trying to tell some people that you can't over-wind a wristwatch, or that it is not possible to be allergic to gold, or silver, or that you do not have enough magnetism in your body to stop a watch, and I fail to convince them too. The question of course, is who is correct, and who is being fooled, I can prove my points using science, prove yours the same way!
    I was intrigued by one of your comments that it is not possible to be allergic to gold. I know of individuals that cannot wear a wedding ring because they have a reaction so I decided to do a little research.

    The following link contradicts your statement and I wonder who should we believe.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11244133

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I was intrigued by one of your comments that it is not possible to be allergic to gold. I know of individuals that cannot wear a wedding ring because they have a reaction so I decided to do a little research.

    The following link contradicts your statement and I wonder who should we believe.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11244133
    If you read the whole report you will see that it is linked to cobalt and nickel allergies, while it does not say what the percentage of gold that was used. It is impossible to be allergic to gold as it is chemically inactive. If you had a background in chemistry this would say it all. Also, Nickel is one of the most common allegies out there and is present in all "white" gold as an alloy. My statement is correct, they can put gold into your body with no reaction, the percentage has to be 16K or higher to counteract the allergic response of the alloys used. If I am loosing you, please talk to a qualified Jeweler who can explain it better. One last thing, most of the jewelry out there has plating on it, I have found that the platings used are often the cause of allergic reactions, although the most common allergy is the dirt that has not been cleaned from the jewelry. Also, the gold was present as a salt along with sulfa and a carrier[petrolatum] either of which is chemically reactive, and allows the body to react.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I was intrigued by one of your comments that it is not possible to be allergic to gold. I know of individuals that cannot wear a wedding ring because they have a reaction so I decided to do a little research.

    The following link contradicts your statement and I wonder who should we believe.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11244133
    This article would tend to bolster what I am telling you, pay close attention to the dental gold part, also it talks of jewelry without saying what karat which makes a huge difference, I do not understand how they can test anything with the addition of sulfa as it is a common allergen, and without making the gold[what ever the quality] into a salt, your body would not react to it, unless you are filled with mercury, or aqua regia, in which case you have a more serious problem.




    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10826096
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,880

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Yet again a little research and you can find the true answer. I went and checked this J.A. Fowler for some of his other papers. In every instance they are talking about alloys which differ across the spectrum of labs that produce them. It is not the gold they are allergic too.

    Most of these problems could have been solved by switching to higher karatage gold with less alloy metal as gold does not dissolve like copper,cobalt,nickel, etc.




    Only recently studies have realized that a more mundane
    use of Au in the form of the diverse alloys used in jewellery
    could bring to sensitization problems. Dissolution of metallic
    Au is notoriously difficult, but the process is facilitated by
    the presence of other metals in the alloy or in the neighbour-
    hood [87, 88]. Gold allergy often presents as dermatitis at the
    site of jewellery contact, i.e., earlobes and fingers, but it also
    may present solely as eyelid dermatitis [89]. More positive
    reactions to 0.2% gold chloride in the patients with pierced
    than in patients without pierced ears have been documented
    [63]. In 1988, Fowler reported 2 women with eyelid dermati-
    tis and positive patch tests to Au whose eruptions cleared
    with avoidance of Au jewellery. It was postulated that the
    allergen was being transferred from the hands to the eyelids
    as is commonly seen with allergic reactions to tosylamide
    formaldehyde resin [90]. In Portugal, contact allergy to GST
    and to potassium dicyanoaurate was found in 23 patients, all
    the reactors were women and had their ears pierced with Au
    earrings [91]. Ehrlich and Belsito found that 7 of 15 Au-
    allergic patients cleared their dermatitis by not wearing Au
    jewellery [92]. In Spain it was described that a lady pre-
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: secularism sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    I think what Blue is referring to is how Republicans and Conservatives have done their best into turning our secular government into the enforcement division of their church.

    If you personally vote for someone who says he intends to govern based on the teachings of his church, you are passively forcing your own religious beliefs on the rest of us.


    I believe Blue should have been able to answer this himself! I have NO religious beliefs!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •