Thread: why would we let Christian republicans control science?

Default why would we let Christian republicans control science?

I am asking, in light of Mr. Kruse trying to get an irrational religious belief taught a long side of evolution, Mr. Akin talking out his *** about legitimate rape, Mr Beard saying GOD will fix the Earth so keep mining and burning coal, and all the other clearly ignorant, misinformed, or just plain crazy republicans out there, why do we allow them to be put into positions of authority in the sciences? This is a serious question, My grandchildren s lives are at stake, along with yours!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

Default Re: why would we let Christian republicans control science?

Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    I am asking, in light of Mr. Kruse trying to get an irrational religious belief taught a long side of evolution, Mr. Akin talking out his *** about legitimate rape, Mr Beard saying GOD will fix the Earth so keep mining and burning coal, and all the other clearly ignorant, misinformed, or just plain crazy republicans out there, why do we allow them to be put into positions of authority in the sciences? This is a serious question, My grandchildren s lives are at stake, along with yours!
    Because the people who elected them don't believe in evolution, think some women deserve to be raped, are shortsighted enough to know that the worst aspects of our addiction to fossil fuels will hit long after they die and generally just hate science and smart people because they, themselves are generally ignorant and intimidated by intelligence.

Once these idiots are elected, they use their influence over their sheep and muscle themselves on to those committees in an effort to not only promote their own narrow-minded views on life in general, but to position themselves to reap the financial rewards of lots of political committee connections.

Sorry if I'm being too literal, but the fact that people like this ARE in a position of authority on matters in which they are woefully inadequate to effectively police (both in terms of intelligence and moral fortitude) is just too depressing for words.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...