Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    If I were to do this, this song tells the whole truth. Sure, some lies are a little more, or less obnoxious, but I am tired of all of them. I am espsecially tired of them being repeated after they are proven to be lies, and the sheep are still lulled to sleep by them.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n03a7cLf0M
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Mitch McConnell: “The President’s more than willing to negotiate with Iranians, I don’t know why he wouldn’t be willing to negotiate with us.”

    Jon Stewart: “If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hard-lined, unreasonable totalitarian mullahs in the world, but not the Republicans, maybe he’s not the problem.”

  3. #3
    Bookworm Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song




    Blue,
    I agree with your choice and I would add this classic.
    Last edited by krazetrain; 11-03-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: wrong code
    You either get it or you don't. The unfortunate thing is, most don't.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The SouthLeft Coast
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song


  5. #5
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Last edited by HomeyG; 11-05-2012 at 10:11 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,347

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Ugh. Had to stop watching after the fourth ridiculous lie...
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,795

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    You must be kidding, Homey? Two young men, still wet behind the ears believing in Limbaugh and his hate filled messages? Honestly, the more I see the results of Limbaugh's impact on people, the more I understand how Hitler was capable of spreading his hate and division of people. Anyone capable of critical thinking or simple common sense is able to recognize the dangers behind messages such as this. Yes, that is simply my opinion...and it is a very STRONG opinion. I absolutely could not watch that video to conclusion. Disgusting and disheartening.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  8. #8
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Lighten up guys it was meant to be humorous just as the other songs posted, unless you don't have a since of humor. If you are going to take your shots expect them in return. Just curious, what were the lies and what did you find offensive?

  9. #9
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Let's see what you think about this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOUxU4MLEY

  10. #10
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    This is one of the best parody (although not a song) I've heard and I didn't realize how many they were until this thread was generated. Listen carefully to each promise and tell me how many have come true.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=HxaT19rQ-Do#!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    You can't beat the Regan one, but here is mine.

    “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” Salvador Dalí

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,347

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Lighten up guys it was meant to be humorous just as the other songs posted, unless you don't have a since of humor. If you are going to take your shots expect them in return. Just curious, what were the lies and what did you find offensive?
    I think it just goes to show conservatives are the ones who just can't do "funny"...

    I mean, anyone remember http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1/2_Hour_News_Hour?

    Of course not. It was THAT bad.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    This was not partisan until you posted your one sided commentary. The song I posted could easily have been against democrats, as much as republicans. You must really hate Obama to attack him so vigorously. You say it is because of his policies, but, if that were the case, you wouldn't be so vociferous.The right[even though they may win] is trying to put us back into the fifties. Their agenda includes overturning Roe v Wade, [or abortion] Griswold v Connecticut [makes outlawing contraception possible] pushing the personhood agenda, [which makes any birth control illegal] and supports Utah's state criminal code which defines "fornication" as sex between single people, and is a class B misdemeanor.Yeah, their legislation is about the economy[eyes roll]. I have one question for you Homey, as you are obviously older than most, when a heart attack comes will you put your faith on the line and call a prayer circle, [GOD Christianity Bible] or are you going to call an ambulance, [Science] ?
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    This is one of the best parody (although not a song) I've heard and I didn't realize how many they were until this thread was generated. Listen carefully to each promise and tell me how many have come true.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=HxaT19rQ-Do#!

    So far none of your postings have fit this thread,as none of the "songs" are played on the radio, or are anything but political garbage. I declare a Hijack!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Whichever creep wins, here's what you'll get, and sooo many want it so bad they can taste it. TURN IT UP!!
    (Caution: Gratuitous use of Hellfire missles, and soft 'war porn')....Just the way we like it. Sterile enough to enjoy, "AS SEEN ON TV!"
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Douglas View Post
    Whichever creep wins, here's what you'll get, and sooo many want it so bad they can taste it. TURN IT UP!!
    (Caution: Gratuitous use of Hellfire missles, and soft 'war porn')....Just the way we like it. Sterile enough to enjoy, "AS SEEN ON TV!"
    Oliver, as usual, kudo's on your selection! I keep stockpiling!
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  17. #17
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    This was not partisan until you posted your one sided commentary. The song I posted could easily have been against democrats, as much as republicans. You must really hate Obama to attack him so vigorously. You say it is because of his policies, but, if that were the case, you wouldn't be so vociferous.The right[even though they may win] is trying to put us back into the fifties. Their agenda includes overturning Roe v Wade, [or abortion] Griswold v Connecticut [makes outlawing contraception possible] pushing the personhood agenda, [which makes any birth control illegal] and supports Utah's state criminal code which defines "fornication" as sex between single people, and is a class B misdemeanor.Yeah, their legislation is about the economy[eyes roll]. I have one question for you Homey, as you are obviously older than most, when a heart attack comes will you put your faith on the line and call a prayer circle, [GOD Christianity Bible] or are you going to call an ambulance, [Science] ?
    Sorry Blue, already beat you to it, already had my heart attack. Did both, gave my prayers and thanked God for giving my doctors their life savings talents before I went into surgery.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Sorry Blue, already beat you to it, already had my heart attack. Did both, gave my prayers and thanked God for giving my doctors their life savings talents before I went into surgery.
    Right! Science had nothing to do with it! Thats the problem with most Zealot Christians, they don't want to admit that deep down they know that science is what is saving their ***, so they hedge both bets. To bad there isn't an option to find out if your doctor believes in evolution or not, I bet most would go with the doctor that is not a creationist.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  19. #19
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Right! Science had nothing to do with it! Thats the problem with most Zealot Christians, they don't want to admit that deep down they know that science is what is saving their ***, so they hedge both bets. To bad there isn't an option to find out if your doctor believes in evolution or not, I bet most would go with the doctor that is not a creationist.
    There you go again, calling me a zealot and you don't even know me.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: if you could sum up this entire election season in one song

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I much prefer you come right out and call me names then the roundabout way you do it by saying I was talking in generality. Besides, you can call me what you want cause I always consider the source.
    I too consider the source when you take a non-partisan thread and turn it into Obama hate.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •