Thread: Senator Dennis Kruse: Most prolific legislator of 2013

Default Senator Dennis Kruse: Most prolific legislator of 2013

According to the May/June issue of Actionlines, the magazine of the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns, our own State Senator Dennis Kruse (R-Auburn) was the single most prolific legislator of the 2013 session, with a whopping 60 bills filed. (Actually, I make the number to be closer to 70, not counting resolutions honoring particular individuals or groups, Senate bills co-authored or House bills carried in the Senate.)

Think of it! Senator Kruse, a chest-thumping "small government" Republican, proposed 60 new laws! Here's the list of his legislative launches for 2013: http://www.ai.org/apps/lsa/session/b...r=2013&id=S014 One in particular caught my eye: SB 0127, which would have made it a crime for FBI agents and other federal authorities to make an arrest or execute a warrant in Indiana without written permission of the local sheriff. Evidently Senator Kruse rejects the Founders' doctrine of "dual sovereignty," under which the state and federal governments operate independently of one another, and prefers John C. Calhoun's "nullification" doctrine, under which federal laws are mere suggestions, like resolutions of the United Nations. The Senate leadership wisely sent SB 0127 to that graveyard of bad bills, the Rules Committee.
    Do not trust the experts. If you believe the doctors, nothing is healthy. If you believe the ministers, nothing is wholesome. If you believe the generals, nothing is safe.--Robert Cecil (1830-1903), Third Marquess of Salisbury

Default Re: Senator Dennis Kruse: Most prolific legislator of 2013

Sounds to me like he's arrived at some stark realizations about the federal government. If he's honest (unlikely), he'll stand up and say 'his guys' helped this mess all along too, and want the same arbitrary, intrusive, unconstitutional powers when they're eventually in charge, for the same reasons.
    It's like any other political infighting- They foment and perpetuate more problems than they ever 'solve'... WHAT would the local, state, federal or international governments do if they were ever somehow and deservedly rendered irrelevant?
    For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it. - Patrick Henry

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Ya know we had a skirmish over state and federal rights. It was called the civil war and as I recall, the Union won. When will these tea party, conservatives figure out that just because they think history is something they can just make up and distort, doesn't make it so. I don't know how this guy gets elected as our representative. He has made many bills similar to the one described above and still holds his office. He wastes time and tax dollars putting out bills that take time away from useful debate of actual thoughtful and needed bills in this state. I find it interesting that he has time for nonsense like the above bill and others (you should read some that he has proposed) instead of tackling actual needed issues in our area.
    Mitch McConnell: “The President’s more than willing to negotiate with Iranians, I don’t know why he wouldn’t be willing to negotiate with us.”

Jon Stewart: “If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hard-lined, unreasonable totalitarian mullahs in the world, but not the Republicans, maybe he’s not the problem.”

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtiger View Post
    Ya know we had a skirmish over state and federal rights. It was called the civil war and as I recall, the Union won. When will these tea party, conservatives figure out that just because they think history is something they can just make up and distort, doesn't make it so. I don't know how this guy gets elected as our representative. He has made many bills similar to the one described above and still holds his office. He wastes time and tax dollars putting out bills that take time away from useful debate of actual thoughtful and needed bills in this state. I find it interesting that he has time for nonsense like the above bill and others (you should read some that he has proposed) instead of tackling actual needed issues in our area.
    It has absolutely everything to do with the (R) next to his name.

He is a legislative idiot, but to his credit, his constituents would elect a toaster oven to the same position if it had an (R) next to its name.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    He is a legislative idiot, but to his credit, his constituents would elect a toaster oven to the same position if it had an (R) next to its name.
    Some, including yours truly, would argue that they already have.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” –George Carlin

Might as well be the lump in the tire here where the rubber meets the road but I think we lost a good Senator when they drew re-districting lines...

I have long suspected that Senator Kruse believes that it was unconstitutional for George Washington to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion in Pennsylvania in the 1790s. I shall pass over in silence what I think he thinks about Abraham Lincoln.
    Do not trust the experts. If you believe the doctors, nothing is healthy. If you believe the ministers, nothing is wholesome. If you believe the generals, nothing is safe.--Robert Cecil (1830-1903), Third Marquess of Salisbury

I know Sen.Kruse has come up with some pretty hair-brained ideas in the past but this is just goofy. The sad part is he actually thought it had a chance of passing.
    "NEVER IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY HAVE SO FEW DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE." - Winston Churchill

The sad part of it is, is that he will be reelected until he is sick of being a rep. This state and esp this corner of the state is so republican blind that they can do anything and still get elected.
    Mitch McConnell: “The President’s more than willing to negotiate with Iranians, I don’t know why he wouldn’t be willing to negotiate with us.”

Jon Stewart: “If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hard-lined, unreasonable totalitarian mullahs in the world, but not the Republicans, maybe he’s not the problem.”

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtiger View Post
    The sad part of it is, is that he will be reelected until he is sick of being a rep. This state and esp this corner of the state is so republican blind that they can do anything and still get elected.
    I'm most certainly glad there are no major elections this season. Maybe we can begin to understand just what a sequester is all about as there should be less musical chair and more hot seat of unfinished business time.

Quote Originally Posted by Copycatted View Post
    I'm most certainly glad there are no major elections this season. Maybe we can begin to understand just what a sequester is all about as there should be less musical chair and more hot seat of unfinished business time.
    Now there is a nice thought.... Naw...(reality check)....a hot seat of accountability offered to Republicans in NE Indiana....only in a fantasy world.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Now there is a nice thought.... Naw...(reality check)....a hot seat of accountability offered to Republicans in NE Indiana....only in a fantasy world.
    As is (fantasy world) I'd cut those Democrats a check right now to pay their boycotting charges (Indiana Court just upheld that ruling I just read at the KPCN online site) as they made there great escape to Illinois to avoid some work back home.

Yep,would of if could of,another opportunity that slid by,just for today

Seriously, can someone offer up any persons who would challenge Senator Kruse in the next go-around. And by the way, what about our Representative, Mr. Smaltz? Anyone have thoughts on his job performance? With the financial state of our county nowadays, Mr. Smaltz (former president of the county council), he may have some answering to do....... Maybe his seat could be challenged too. Any suggestions?