Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

  1. #1
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Obamacare - explained in one sentence


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    kind of long winded sentence, and not very accurate;....Funny isn't this the same plan that in mass they call Romneycare
    Lets face it you right wing fanatics are like the taliban- no credibility at all

  3. #3
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    kind of long winded sentence, and not very accurate;....Funny isn't this the same plan that in mass they call Romneycare
    Lets face it you right wing fanatics are like the taliban- no credibility at all
    Lighten up, I swear you guys on the left have no sense of humor at all. As far as its accuracy its probably not to far off so let's dissect each sentence.

    We’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan that we’re forced to purchase and fined if we don’t, True statement, everyone has to purchase insurance or be subject to a fine.

    which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people
    okay, first lie, USA Today reports it will be 30 million by 2014.

    first without adding a single doctor True statement, ACA or Obamacare, whichever you prefer, does not address additional medical personnel.

    but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, That was just a guessimation, CBO estimates 11,800. However, Reuters report that tens of thousands Navigators will be hired to explain and sign you up for Obamacare.

    written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, Partially true, Sen Baucus said he didn't understand it because it was written in a technical language; however, he later called it a "Train Wreck."

    passed by a Congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, On March 9, 2010, Pelosi said of the Affordable Care Act, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it. The exemption part might be called a falsehood, members of Congress and its staff have to sign up for Obamacare but they will continue to get their subsidies as explained in this link. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-subsidy-rule/

    and signed by a President who smokes — May be the first out-and-out lie, think he quit, maybe.

    [laughter] — same sentence! — with funding administered by a Treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, True statement, Timothy Geithner didn't pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for several years while he worked for the International Monetary Fund.

    for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, Partially true, they are receiving some benefits but they also are collecting taxes for future benefits.

    by a government that has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, it's expected that social security insurance payments will begin to exceed income in 2021. Around 2033, the fund will run out. As far as Medicare, I have read reports going either way on this one. Guess it depends on how you look at it, to me, it's a wait and see.

    all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese — [laughter] — Don't know, don't have any idea who is the Surgeon General.

    and finally, financed by a country that’s broke. Guess it all depends how you look at it, we are around $759 billion in the hole with a federal debt pushing $17 trillion.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Lighten up, I swear you guys on the left have no sense of humor at all.
    .
    Like you do?
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  5. #5
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    Like you do?
    I have to have a sense of humor to listen to the liberal's rants and ravings on the Fence Post.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,806

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Just an FYI for you Homey. I did laugh at the video. Yes, it contains some truths, some exaggerations, and some lies. You were kind enough to break down the different categories (which had to take some time on your part).

    As you know, I do support Obamacare and yet I recognize there is much in this plan that will need to be refined. I see it as a first step in a good direction for our nation's much needed affordable health care system. They had a story on NPR yesterday discussing joint replacements and comparing the costs between those done under our USA system and those done in Europe (Denmark prices were specifically referenced). A man from USA who did not have insurance coverage for a knee replacement was able to save over $65,000 by having his surgery performed in Denmark as opposed to here. I believe there is much progress we can make in saving costs on medical care costs that is yet ahead of us.
    Last edited by HoosierHelen; 08-08-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    I have one sentence to sum up Obamacare.

    LAW of the LAND.
    Mitch McConnell: “The President’s more than willing to negotiate with Iranians, I don’t know why he wouldn’t be willing to negotiate with us.”

    Jon Stewart: “If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hard-lined, unreasonable totalitarian mullahs in the world, but not the Republicans, maybe he’s not the problem.”

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    I have to have a sense of humor to listen to the liberal's rants and ravings on the Fence Post.
    The same can be said for the liberals viewing conservative rants and ravings.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  9. #9
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by blue adept View Post
    The same can be said for the liberals viewing conservative rants and ravings.
    Putting aside our back and forth insults what did you think of my posting? Did you find the video entertaining and any validity in my responses?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HomeyG View Post
    Putting aside our back and forth insults what did you think of my posting? Did you find the video entertaining and any validity in my responses?
    I thought the video was funny, your points mostly valid. That doesn't excuse a congress full of so-called conservatives that would rather hold the country hostage, to give the very richest yet more tax breaks. If they were rreally interested in saving this ship going down the drain they would have come up with a better plan themselves that didn't just cater to the very rich.
    coming to you live from police state "Kville"

  11. Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Whether it's 10 or 30 million, it's just that many more who can't go to any emergency room and get free medical attention. At least they will be paying something. That's more than you can say for all the illegals who will still be exempt from paying anything. I still think Obamacare is no more than a huge bailout for the insurance companies.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,806

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    I don't follow your logic Hairy, on this being a bailout for insurance companies? They won't be allowed to pick and choose to insure only those of us who have no pre-existing conditions as I understand these new laws. Regarding the illegals, I do share your concerns.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  13. Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    I don't follow your logic Hairy, on this being a bailout for insurance companies? They won't be allowed to pick and choose to insure only those of us who have no pre-existing conditions as I understand these new laws. Regarding the illegals, I do share your concerns.
    Helen, as I understand it the insurance companies can't deny you coverage, but there is nothing saying they have to make it affordable. 10 to 30 million more people being forced to put money into the insurance companies' pockets sure sounds like a bailout to me.
    "You don't have to agree with me, it's ok for you to be wrong." A.R.Rogance

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    6,371

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    Helen, as I understand it the insurance companies can't deny you coverage, but there is nothing saying they have to make it affordable. 10 to 30 million more people being forced to put money into the insurance companies' pockets sure sounds like a bailout to me.
    The lobbyists and all the politicians the insurance companies have in their pockets prevented us from coming anywhere near what Europe and the rest of the civilized world has (universal health care).

    We all know that medical care would be a lot more affordable if we got rid of the middleman.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHelen View Post
    Regarding the illegals, I do share your concerns.
    Now Helen, you KNOW you can't call them "illegal". Might hurt their feelings and the AP Style Book will be after you since they banned the use of ther term (see earlier post).

    Eric Holder may even declare the term "hate speech".

  16. #16

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkumquat View Post
    We all know that medical care would be a lot more affordable if we got rid of the middleman.
    And turned it over to federal bureaucrats who have no incentive to be productive or efficient? Yeah, THAT'LL work.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dekalb County
    Posts
    6,806

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by troublesome one View Post
    Now Helen, you KNOW you can't call them "illegal". Might hurt their feelings and the AP Style Book will be after you since they banned the use of ther term (see earlier post).

    Eric Holder may even declare the term "hate speech".
    I hear you troublesome...yet...if they are not here legally...what does this leave us to call them? Misplaced? Lost? Passing thru? Oh dear, I believe I have not yet taken my 'pc' pill for the day.
    "It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature."
    Hans Christian Anderson

  18. #18
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by hairypumper View Post
    Whether it's 10 or 30 million, it's just that many more who can't go to any emergency room and get free medical attention. At least they will be paying something. That's more than you can say for all the illegals who will still be exempt from paying anything. I still think Obamacare is no more than a huge bailout for the insurance companies.
    Hairy, regarding your comment about emergency room treatment. I don't anticipate there will little change in the numbers that go to emergency room for treatment, that is, if the law remains the same when treating life threatening events. With 30 million added to the insurance roll and no additional medical personnel, availability of medical treatment will be greatly reduced, especially among general practitioners. Can't see your family doctor where you going to go, the Emergency Room. Rather than pay for insurance you decided to pay the fine. Since you don't have insurance and you need medical treatment where you going to go, the Emergency Room. With 11 million plus illegal aliens who are not eligible for Obamacare, where are they going to go, the Emergency Room. So we not only will we cover the expenses at Emergency Rooms, we got the added burden of covering the subsidies for the additional 30 million previously uninsured, also members of Congress and their staff.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by troublesome one View Post
    And turned it over to federal bureaucrats who have no incentive to be productive or efficient? Yeah, THAT'LL work.
    If it works in other countries, why wouldn't it work here? Don't we have the "exceptionalism" to do things better than anyone? Obamacare was an attempt to fix a flawed system but was sabotaged for purely political reasons. If the decision on whether or not I need surgery rests on the opinion of either an insurance company or a bureaucrat, I'll take the bureaucrat.
    “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” -Soren Kierkegaard

  20. #20
    HomeyG Guest

    Default Re: Obamacare - explained in one sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkneedgal View Post
    If it works in other countries, why wouldn't it work here? Don't we have the "exceptionalism" to do things better than anyone? Obamacare was an attempt to fix a flawed system but was sabotaged for purely political reasons. If the decision on whether or not I need surgery rests on the opinion of either an insurance company or a bureaucrat, I'll take the bureaucrat.
    That's a pretty broad statement to say it works in other countries, do you happen to know which country Obamacare was modeled after? As far as it being a fix: unions want to drop out, Congress wanted no part of it, small businesses are unhappy, workers are losing hours because of it, and according to separate polls by Fox News, CBS, and NBC/WSJ over half would favor the repealing of Obamacare.

    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/big-...x-nbcwsj-polls
    Last edited by HomeyG; 08-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •