Thread: Hobby Lobby

Default Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby was supposed to make a major announcement a couple months ago about opening their new store in Angola, but nothing has been heard from them since. Does anybody know where they are at with their progress? Are they even still coming to Angola? I had heard they wanted to open before Christmas, but there haven't even been any hiring notices. Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Default Re: Hobby Lobby

There is a huge sign out front stating that Hobby Lobby is coming .
    Also there are job postings on many sites for co managers there.

Now I am hearing it won't open until next summer, possibly.

There's also a long running rumor that Target is coming to town near Kohl's, but I've seen no real proof of that, despite the longevity of the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

There's also a long running rumor that Target is coming to town near Kohl's, but I've seen no real proof of that, despite the longevity of the rumor.
    There are two reasons this rumor seems unlikely:

1. Target's rarely targets small towns for its stores; their primary focus is more suburban, and to a lesser degree urban.

2. Angola may get a lot of shoppers from surrounding counties, but even with that you still have somewhat of a limited number of customers. Given that, they would never be crazy enough to build within a mile of a Walmart Supercenter and a Meijer's.

I heard they were delaying their opening because they heard Evil Kumquat was unionizing the "dancers" at SG III so they could earn a "living wage" and was going to lead them in protests of Hobby Lobby's repressive Christian owners.

Ha,ha,ha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigB View Post
    There are two reasons this rumor seems unlikely:

1. Target's rarely targets small towns for its stores; their primary focus is more suburban, and to a lesser degree urban.

2. Angola may get a lot of shoppers from surrounding counties, but even with that you still have somewhat of a limited number of customers. Given that, they would never be crazy enough to build within a mile of a Walmart Supercenter and a Meijer's.
    I agree that a Target would be a great risk and highly unusual for them, especially in that location. But it sure has been a persistant and widespread rumor for some odd reason.

Hobby Lobby continues to hire management level employees for Angola, no opening date is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by troublesome one View Post
    I heard they were delaying their opening because they heard Evil Kumquat was unionizing the "dancers" at SG III so they could earn a "living wage" and was going to lead them in protests of Hobby Lobby's repressive Christian owners.

Ha,ha,ha.
    You give me way too much credit. I'm entirely too lazy for that.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

Quote Originally Posted by troublesome one View Post

Ha,ha,ha.
    Well if he needs help with that I am sure there is plenty around BTW Evil what LU number will they be!

1. Hobby Lobby is targeting a March opening.

2. We have been hearing the Target talk, also, but have not been able to receive confirmation. What makes it somewhat believable is the part of the rumor we hear that the developer is the same person/entity that did Kohl's. Who would have thought a Kohl's would ever be built in Angola?

3. If Butler is allowed to open, it will just be under the name of Showgirl. There's already a Showgirl III in Fort Wayne, TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Nothing at all against Target but seems to me that would be an over-kill of such businesses here in our "bottle necked neck of the woods."

They have been working inside the former Scotts store for the new Hobby Lobby.

And they'll take their fight to not offer full insurance to their employees all the way to the Supreme Court.
    Apples are good,
    Oranges are bad,
    Lemons are rude,
    Bananas are perverted,
    And kumquats are just, plain evil...

Anybody know what the website is for filling out an employment application for Hobby Lobby? please and thank u
    burgundystar