ROME CITY — The 2012 Kids Day Bass Fishing Tournament saw the most children entered in the history of the event. The mid-June event brought a lot of wet memories to the kids, as it rained almost the entire time on the water. This didn’t slow them down, however.
All the participants braved the weather and showed up at weigh-in time to see the fish going on the scales. They were also quite excited to get their trophies and prizes for their day on the water. Every child leaves this tournament a winner with a trophy, rod/reel, hat, T-shirt, gift, breakfast, lunch and a chance to win a grand prize.
The grand prize was a paddle boat, won by Hailey Stacey. Kids Day is made possible by sponsors.
The top winners this year were:
• First — Five fish weighing in at 9 pounds, Hunter Brinkman • Big bass — Weighing in at 3.25 pounds, Hunter Brinkman
• Second — One fish weighing in at 2.5 pounds, Tyler Brinkman
• Third — One fish weighing in at 2.25 pounds, Landon Brinkman
• Fourth — Two fish weighing in at 2.25 pounds, Codie Miller
• Fifth — One fish weighing in at 1.25 pounds, Jesse Aguilar